What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lofton SIgns! (1 Viewer)

football fan

Footballguy
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7733261/2012-nfl-free-agency-curtis-lofton-new-orleans-saints-agree-5-year-deal

The New Orleans Saints have reached agreement on a five-year deal with former Atlanta Falcons linebacker Curtis Lofton.

2011 STATS

* Tot147

* Solo87

* Ast60

* FF1

* Sack1.0

* Int2

The 25-year-old middle linebacker led the Falcons in tackles last season with 147. He also had a career-best two interceptions, returning one for a touchdown.

"Curtis is a versatile, hard-working player that has displayed a knack for being around the football, and more importantly, making plays on the ball," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement released Saturday night. "He has the ability to play all three linebacker positions and we feel that he's just entering the prime of his career. We think he can come to New Orleans and fit in well and provide us with a significant contribution to our defense."

Lofton started all but one game his rookie season, working mainly in the team's base package, and he's been an every-down player the past three years. He also led the Falcons in tackles in 2010, registering 142.

Except for a brief stint at outside linebacker early in his college career at Oklahoma, Lofton always has been in the middle of the defense.

several question:

1. why Rotoworld site calling Lofton ''two-down player'' ? do they know something we dont?

arent they reading the reagular season post Thread(that Mean Gene update) of the "Every Down Linebacker" and see his name?

dont they value his huge production the last several season?

2. speakin on production... why the hell Atl didnt fight to made Lofton stay in their strting lineup?

or for that matter why dont ha;f of the league teams didnt chase him when free agency started?

3. do Atl noticed that TB and Saints.. her rivals in thier direct division .. about to snach him?

now that Vilma and several other of NO players (D players on particular) about to be suspended.. how will u value Lofton on this summer redraft leagues?

last one.. why teams pay the big money for DE (Jojnson of Car) or CB (Car in Dal for 50 mil.. and i love him .. i really do.. and think he will be an upgrade for them over ditched Newman) .. other the main LB on the center like Mayo or Lofton ?

look on wonder boy London Glech.. production for years.. whom i hope when he retired will get the hall of fame vote

several question:

1. why Rotoworld site calling Lofton ''two-down player'' ? do they know something we dont?

arent they reading the reagular season post Thread(that Mean Gene update) of the "Every Down Linebacker" and see his name?

dont they value his huge production the last several season?

2. speakin on production... why the hell Atl didnt fight to made Lofton stay in their strting lineup?

or for that matter why dont ha;f of the league teams didnt chase him when free agency started?

3. do Atl noticed that TB and Saints.. her rivals in thier direct division .. about to snach him?

now that Vilma and several other of NO players (D players on particular) about to be suspended.. how will u value Lofton on this summer redraft leagues?

last one.. why teams pay the big money for DE (Jojnson of Car) or CB (Car in Dal for 50 mil.. and i love him .. i really do.. and think he will be an upgrade for them over ditched Newman) .. other the main LB on the center like Mayo or Lofton ?

look on wonder boy London Glech.. production for years.. whom i hope when he retired will get the hall of fame vote
I saw that as well and chalked it up to Rotoworld bias, they still say Marshawn Lynch is a pedestrian RB.Also thought it was strange for Atl to let him go, maybe they are tight for $, I'm not sure. Their defense isn't all that so I'd think they would want to retain seemingly one of their better players...or maybe they thought he was part of the problem (and rotoworld is right).

So in other words, I don't know squat.

With a significant portion of the NO D probably ending up suspended at some point isn't this great for Lofton's value?

Users who are viewing this thread