What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict a sleeper Top 10 'potential' producing player.* (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
Michael Floyd.

I hate to say it because Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite player but when's the last time he went for 1,000 yards? Michael Floyd did it last year. This guy is the here and the now. I don't expect Fitzgerald to fade to obscurity, in fact I'm sure the team will continue to give pay him but he's clearly not "the guy" anymore.

I tried to deny it as much as possible but the same thing happened with Steve Smith and Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Sometimes your heroes just get old.

Either way, Palmer doesn't care and loves the fact that Larry Fitzgerald is his second option. If the Cardinals want to win a Super Bowl the defense they have on paper make enough plays and the Offense is limited only by Carson Palmer. We've seen the late career resurgences of Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, etc. With Bruce Arians in charge, I also think Carson Palmer has the chance to be a Top 10 scoring Quarterback.

*Sleeper is for any player outside of round 3.

Outside of top 50 guys that interest me as high upside:

QB: Luck, Foles, RG3, Romo, Cutler

RB: Joique, Lamar Miller, Ridley, Terrance West, Bernard Pierce

WR: Floyd, Torrey, Decker, Mike Wallace, Justin Hunter, Greg Jennings

Most of these guys seem to be more middle round than late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar Miller. Will get every chance to be a do it all back. Don't see it as likely, but the volume may be there.

I also like Terrence Williams. He is going to be a beast as the #2 Receiver in Dallas. He learned how to make plays awfully quick as a Rookie. Great deep threat who needs to learn some underneath technique. Him, Bryant, and Witten are going to raise hell.

I also like Terrence Williams. He is going to be a beast as the #2 Receiver in Dallas. He learned how to make plays awfully quick as a Rookie. Great deep threat who needs to learn some underneath technique. Him, Bryant, and Witten are going to raise hell.
Top 10?

Top 10?
Sounds crazy, right? If Romo throws for 30 Touchdowns and 4,500 yards or so he can definitely steal a considerable chunk. 16.7 YPC is an impressive stat. Big and fast, perfect complement to Dez Bryant. It's no surprise he shot up the depth chart.

Tony Romo often gets into shootouts which equals insane stats for Dallas players.

My list of 4th round or later targets who I believe have a shot at top-10 for their position are:

Chris Johnson

Roddy White

Percy Harvin

Roddy has the highest ADP of that trio right now according to FFC, at 4.10

(standard)

Something they all have in common...is they have all finished in the top 10 at their position before. CJ and White have done it many times.

Michael Floyd.

I hate to say it because Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite player but when's the last time he went for 1,000 yards? Michael Floyd did it last year. This guy is the here and the now. I don't expect Fitzgerald to fade to obscurity, in fact I'm sure the team will continue to give pay him but he's clearly not "the guy" anymore.

I tried to deny it as much as possible but the same thing happened with Steve Smith and Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Sometimes your heroes just get old.

Either way, Palmer doesn't care and loves the fact that Larry Fitzgerald is his second option. If the Cardinals want to win a Super Bowl the defense they have on paper make enough plays and the Offense is limited only by Carson Palmer. We've seen the late career resurgences of Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, etc. With Bruce Arians in charge, I also think Carson Palmer has the chance to be a Top 10 scoring Quarterback.

I'm a little blown away by the ARZ love this year. Floyd, Fitz, and Ellington are all going in the top 5 rounds, yet ARZ has the #1 hardest applied SOS (not regular SOS, but a stat that derives what the SOS will be next year, more advanced), and ranks dead last in age of the team. Football is a young man's game and those with easier schedules win more games. Palmer has always been below average and is yet another year older this year. The o-line is projected to be 31st in the league this year even with their minor improvements.

I don't get it. I will clearly not be drafting any Cardinal fantasy players this year. At best both Fitz and Floyd hit their stats from last year and both end up with 950/1000 yards, which means Fitz is grossly overrated at his current ADP and Floyd is slightly overrated. I would much rather take the upside of a clear #1 WR with a solid QB like Mike Wallace, whom is going 8 spots later than Floyd.

The o-line is projected to be 31st in the league this year even with their minor improvements.
Minor improvements? They got the best FA T available in Valdheer and finally get a healthy Cooper who was one of the best G prospects in recent years. Their oline is probably the most improved in the NFL.

Jeremy Maclin

He's a full year removed from surgery and has been lighting up training camp. Desean is gone and the other WRs are middling at best. I was high on him last year before his injury (even with Desean) and I think he comes back strong in that offense. McCoy + best o-line in NFL forces defenses to respect the run and Foles has developed nicely.

He is set up for monster success this season. I think he's a steal in the late 7th.

The o-line is projected to be 31st in the league this year even with their minor improvements.
Minor improvements? They got the best FA T available in Valdheer and finally get a healthy Cooper who was one of the best G prospects in recent years. Their oline is probably the most improved in the NFL.
Talk to FBG - they have them 23rd. Other sites have them lower. O-line play is underrated to an almost laughable level. It is critical to a team's offensive success, and it's not debatable ARZ is in the lower half (or lower quarter) of offensive line talent.

Talk to FBG - they have them 23rd. Other sites have them lower. O-line play is underrated to an almost laughable level. It is critical to a team's offensive success, and it's not debatable ARZ is in the lower half (or lower quarter) of offensive line talent.
I agree with Jurb. They have done much more than "minor improvements." No one is saying they have a top 10 offensive line, but top 20 is not out of the question at all.

31st is ridiculous.

I agree with Jurb. They have done much more than "minor improvements." No one is saying they have a top 10 offensive line, but top 20 is not out of the question at all.

31st is ridiculous.
here's the PFF opinion

For WRs, Sanders and Stills are the two that come to mind. If Sanders can take on Deckers production, there is room for him to do it. Stills was targeted 50 times and put up 640 and 5. If he can get double the targets and double the production, he is right in that back end of top 10 WRs.

At his position:

Mark Ingram: really loathe his situation still but was very good when >10 carries last year. Getting that gut feeling I don't want to trust on him this year... I feel his real opportunity comes next year.

31st is ridiculous.
here's the PFF opinion
I'm not seeing a ranking.

But two average starters, one needing more info, one good starter and one bad starter doesn't add up to the worst line in the league. Unless I don't understand the meaning of the word "average."

For a totally out of left field option, I'll say Andrew Hawkins. He's a dynamite talent as a slot guy and someone has to catch the ball in Cleveland besides Cameron.

It would probably take Welker-like target numbers to make it happen, but maybe they'll be desperate enough to feed him.

Michael Floyd.

I'm a little blown away by the ARZ love this year. Floyd, Fitz, and Ellington are all going in the top 5 rounds, yet ARZ has the #1 hardest applied SOS (not regular SOS, but a stat that derives what the SOS will be next year, more advanced), and ranks dead last in age of the team. Football is a young man's game and those with easier schedules win more games. Palmer has always been below average and is yet another year older this year. The o-line is projected to be 31st in the league this year even with their minor improvements.

I don't get it. I will clearly not be drafting any Cardinal fantasy players this year. At best both Fitz and Floyd hit their stats from last year and both end up with 950/1000 yards, which means Fitz is grossly overrated at his current ADP and Floyd is slightly overrated. I would much rather take the upside of a clear #1 WR with a solid QB like Mike Wallace, whom is going 8 spots later than Floyd.
I largely agree with you on SOS and this O being overrated. Floyd had 1041 yards on 112 targets last year, think that target # goes up - so wouldn't be surprised if Floyd is fairly valued.

OTOH, Wallace had 930 yards on 142 targets last year. Tannehill had trouble connecting on the deep ball and that line is in shambles.

Sometimes the extra targets don't result in more production.

For a totally out of left field option, I'll say Andrew Hawkins. He's a dynamite talent as a slot guy and someone has to catch the ball in Cleveland besides Cameron.

It would probably take Welker-like target numbers to make it happen, but maybe they'll be desperate enough to feed him.
Here is my question, do you think he is in on 2-wide sets or are they going to use much 11 personnel? I don't know if I can answer affirmatively to either statement. That said, Washington did use a ton of small receivers the past couple of years.

Here is my question, do you think he is in on 2-wide sets or are they going to use much 11 personnel? I don't know if I can answer affirmatively to either statement. That said, Washington did use a ton of small receivers the past couple of years.
I have no idea whatsoever. They have two other decent WRs in Burleson and Austin, but those guys are both older with a tendency to get hurt. If Hawkins is the best talent in the WR group then they'll probably find a way to use him. Of course, that all goes out the window if Gordon isn't suspended for most or all of the season.

31st is ridiculous.
:goodposting:

I like the Michael Floyd call..at worst, the Cards are exactly where they were last season ( Oline ranked 31st) , or, they've improved to 23rd as FBG's has them ranked.point being, Floyd got his #'s last season,and is really growing at the position. With Fitzgerald on one side,teams can't really afford to double-team Floyd, so he's in position to continue to build on what he did last year..I believe in Arians' system..the running game might be hurt by the lack of a solid O-line,but the WR's will continue to flourish, even with the supposedly tough schedule.

Donald Brown has the chance to be something special in SD..Mathews is good and all,but he just can't seem to stay healthy.

Bryce Brown might be the best RB no ones heard of..Jackson might be cut, and Spiller can't make it 16 games without breaking down, he's as brittle as they come. Enter Bryce Brown. Buffalo's trade for Brown almost has an Ahman Green feel to it ( traded from Seattle, highly productive in GB).

C. Hyde - opportunity knocks for him.

I have no idea whatsoever. They have two other decent WRs in Burleson and Austin, but those guys are both older with a tendency to get hurt. If Hawkins is the best talent in the WR group then they'll probably find a way to use him. Of course, that all goes out the window if Gordon isn't suspended for most or all of the season.
there was some media speculation that they would find a way to make him a 3 down player, but as of now he's probably a tiny slot receiver who will see half the snaps (to answer that other dude)

I understand you want to shock the audience, but this isn't a sleeper thread --- top 10 is a stretch, to be kind.

welker didn't make top 10 in the highest scoring offense of all time that airmailed 50+ td.

I like the Michael Floyd call..at worst, the Cards are exactly where they were last season ( Oline ranked 31st) , or, they've improved to 23rd as FBG's has them ranked.point being, Floyd got his #'s last season,and is really growing at the position. With Fitzgerald on one side,teams can't really afford to double-team Floyd, so he's in position to continue to build on what he did last year..I believe in Arians' system..the running game might be hurt by the lack of a solid O-line,but the WR's will continue to flourish, even with the supposedly tough schedule.

Donald Brown has the chance to be something special in SD..Mathews is good and all,but he just can't seem to stay healthy.

Bryce Brown might be the best RB no ones heard of..Jackson might be cut, and Spiller can't make it 16 games without breaking down, he's as brittle as they come. Enter Bryce Brown. Buffalo's trade for Brown almost has an Ahman Green feel to it ( traded from Seattle, highly productive in GB).

C. Hyde - opportunity knocks for him.
is this a top 10 dynasty thread?

Rod Streater

This one is way out there but hear me out:

- Up to 210 lbs. and is 6-2.5.

- Had 60/888/4 on 94 targets (only 4 drops) in his 2nd season.

- Averaged 14.8 YPR last year.

- Caught 63.8% of his targets

- WR who caught a higher % of their targets and near his YPR: Nelson (15.5), Allen (14.7), DJax (16.2), Baldwin (15.6), DT (15.5), Decker (14.8).

- He did this with Pryor and McGloin at QB. Now he has Schaub and possibly Derek Carr.

- Only competition for targets are James Jones and Andre Holmes.

- It's his 3rd year

Rod Streater

- WR who caught a higher % of their targets and near his YPR: Nelson (15.5), Allen (14.7), DJax (16.2), Baldwin (15.6), DT (15.5), Decker (14.8).

- He did this with Pryor and McGloin at QB. Now he has Schaub and possibly Derek Carr.

- It's his 3rd year
Denarius Moore got cut?

My list of 4th round or later targets who I believe have a shot at top-10 for their position are:

Chris Johnson

Roddy White

Percy Harvin

(standard)

Something they all have in common...is they have all finished in the top 10 at their position before. CJ and White have done it many times.
Sure, but are Percy and Roddy really sleepers?

Jake Locker

Davonte Freeman

Emmanuel Sanders

it's a stretch but Charles Johnson.

Kelce

there's been some negativity from the coaches about moore, and speculation is that he may be losing hold of a starting role.

that said, I doubt anybody projects him at 0 targets with streater putting up calvin johnson numbers.

I mean, outside of fbg forums.

Chris Johnson

Roddy White

Percy Harvin

(standard)

Sure, but are Percy and Roddy really sleepers?

Jake Locker

Davonte Freeman

Emmanuel Sanders

it's a stretch but Charles Johnson.

Kelce
I was just answering the OP's question. Decent (I would say good) chance to finish top 10 at the position, being drafted outside of the 3rd round. Almost outside of the 4th round. As I mentioned, the highest ADP of the three (when I looked yesterday) was 4.10.

Rod Streater

- It's his 3rd year
Denarius Moore got cut?
I haven't fully given up on Moore (drafted yesterday in the 18th round) but he's shown little improvement catching the ball and still dropping passes in camp. I expect him to battle Holmes for the #3 this year but the Raiders to let him walk next year.

Michael Floyd's ADP is #49 and Harvin's ADP is #53. So if Floyd qualifies as a sleeper then Harvin does as well.

Donnybrook said:
Michael Floyd's ADP is #49 and Harvin's ADP is #53. So if Floyd qualifies as a sleeper then Harvin does as well.
Yes, and Harvin would be a better one if you ask me.

Easy answer, Moreno & Decker. Both coming off top 10 finishes and set for an even bigger role within their new offenses. Sick value where their current ADP is.

Hakeem Nicks.Hilton down with injury.Wayne coming back from injury or at least trying. lousy, probably NFL-worst running game means lots of Luck passes..only guy standing with tons of experience, is Nicks.

Tanner9919 said:
Or not

T.Y. Hilton, Kendall Wright (probably more like top 15 for Wright)

Ryan Matthews, crazy prediction...Devonta Freeman (might not be top 10, but he'll be the starter and excel)

Cutler

Users who are viewing this thread