What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will OBJ go #1 OVERALL in 2015? (1 Viewer)

jon007

Footballguy
Like the title says is the man Odell Beckham Jr the first player taken in 2015 fantasy draft?

If not who you got?

Right now on 1/25/2015 My guess is the only other guy I would take is C. J. Anderson.

Last edited by a moderator:
No...

Maybe in a start up dynasty league.... But still no

Redraft no way. Without thinking into it too much here are 10 I would take over OBJ.

Bell, Bryant,Brown,Murray,Rodgers,Megatron,Gronk,Nelson,

Charles,Forte,Green

stop it

Like the title says is the man Odell Beckham Jr the first player taken in 2015 fantasy draft?

If not who you got?

Right now on 1/25/2015 My guess is the only other guy I would take is C. J. Anderson.
Where's Leveon Bell on your list?

Maybe... not sure if this has been discussed enough yet.
This is different, you have to add in the insanity factor. The only other guy he would consider is CJ Anderson. Let that sink in for a few.

On a side note if this guy does redraft leagues and gets last pick of the first he is going to love his draft when he gets his top 2 guys there.
Cj and OBJ arent going to be there at 12/13 in PPR redraft.

Not saying I dont think they should, not sure, but they wont

Bell, Charles, Murray, Dez, DT, Brown, Forte, Calvin, Gronk, Graham Green, Julio, Lynch, Lacy. There is a very good chance they will be there.

This is different, you have to add in the insanity factor. The only other guy he would consider is CJ Anderson. Let that sink in for a few.

On a side note if this guy does redraft leagues and gets last pick of the first he is going to love his draft when he gets his top 2 guys there.
Well CJ Anderson seems like he is in a good situation with Peyton Manning coming back and Kubiak as the head coach with direction from Elway will look to lean on the running game more and ask Manning to do less.

So if Anderson can stay healthy yes I think he is a first round consideration in redraft.

In a recent dynasty mock OBJ was selected 2nd overall. CJ Anderson was drafted at the end of the 3rd round. But in redraft people will value the RB more.

Here are the RB who were drafted in the mock before Anderson-

1.03 3. Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
2.01 13. McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
2.04 16. Lacy, Eddie GBP RB
2.08 20. Murray, DeMarco DAL RB
2.10 22. Charles, Jamaal KCC RB
3.03 27. Ellington, Andre ARI RB
3.04 28. Hyde, Carlos SFO RB ®
3.09 33. Forte, Matt CHI RB
3.10 34. Hill, Jeremy CIN RB ®
3.12 36. Anderson, C.J. DEN RB

Bell, Charles, Murray, Dez, DT, Brown, Forte, Calvin, Gronk, Graham Green, Julio, Lynch, Lacy. There is a very good chance they will be there.
I can see them going over Forte, green, Lynch. I will be surprised if BOTH guys were there at 12/13. CJ depends on manning back though

are we sure anderson is actually the starter?
something out of the ordinary would have to happen this offseason, like injury or something crazy, for him to not be.

I would say he is as much the starter right now as the large majority of other guys for other teams are the perceived starter.

Well CJ Anderson seems like he is in a good situation with Peyton Manning coming back and Kubiak as the head coach with direction from Elway will look to lean on the running game more and ask Manning to do less.

So if Anderson can stay healthy yes I think he is a first round consideration in redraft.

In a recent dynasty mock OBJ was selected 2nd overall. CJ Anderson was drafted at the end of the 3rd round. But in redraft people will value the RB more.

I like the fact that the team picking at 2.05 is named "Dream On".

PPR I'm grabbing him in every draft I can. Even if I get first pick. I'm willing to risk it. The inky number one pick I had last year was McCoy and I still somehow won it all (only league out of 6 that I won the title). I don't buy into the "you can lose your team with a blown first pick."

He's special. I'm grabbing wherever I can. I pray for a later position and still get him!

ghostguy123 said:
msudaisy26 said:
Biabreakable said:

Cj and OBJ arent going to be there at 12/13 in PPR redraft.

Not saying I dont think they should, not sure, but they wont
1.13 Shadowfax - Odell Beckham, WR4, NYG

2.07 Bro1ncos - C.J. Anderson, RB10, DEN

1.14 Norseman - Odell Beckham WR5 NYG

2.10 FFwiseguy - CJ Anderson RB11 DEN

1.11 FUBAR- -- Odell Beckham Jr, WR3

1.12 Fiddles -- CJ Anderson, RB7

I think he's the best wr in the game but I wouldn't take him #1 in redraft...I would in dynasty though.

Andrew74 said:
Biabreakable said:
msudaisy26 said:
Biabreakable said:

I like the fact that the team picking at 2.05 is named "Dream On".
I actually like the strategy of that drafter going WR heavy. Some of the picks are high risk such as Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon. But I think they drafted enough WR that it will still be a pretty solid group.

Does this hamstring news not worry drafters in startups?
definitely not great news but he's pretty responsible and I expect that he'll do everything he can to address the issue and fix it up as much as it can be fixed. Injury issue is pretty much the only possible negative that I can see and he has sooo many positives.

definitely not great news but he's pretty responsible and I expect that he'll do everything he can to address the issue and fix it up as much as it can be fixed. Injury issue is pretty much the only possible negative that I can see and he has sooo many positives.
You trust him to be responsible? He sat out what like 6 weeks and turns out he was playing thru multiple tears anyway... Doesnt strike me as responsible.

You trust him to be responsible? He sat out what like 6 weeks and turns out he was playing thru multiple tears anyway... Doesnt strike me as responsible.
responsible in that he'll look to get it fixed, go to training sessions, take time off (like he said he'll do after the pro bowl). He played when he was well enough to play. Sure he could've taken the whole season off but you have to balance your job vs. your safety and it seems as if he did a pretty good job of walking that line. Scary to think what happens if he's "healthy".

My point was that the kid seems to have a head on his shoulders and gets the big picture.

No way I pass on Beckham for Jimmy Graham, AJ Green, Lynch, or Lacy. I would take Bell, Murray (assuming he's in DAL), Charles, DT, and Antonio Brown before Beckham. Beckham is a tier with Dez, Calvin, Forte, Gronk and Julio.

I can't see a scenario where Beckham lasts past the 1st 10 picks of any PPR redraft. Me, I would comfortably take Beckham at 7 overall. But I would NEVER take him #1 overall in a redraft next year.

CJ Anderson? He is definitely more likely to be available at the turn, but I would still bet against it if Manning returns. Pick 9-11 seems likely for Anderson.

No way I pass on Beckham for Jimmy Graham, AJ Green, Lynch, or Lacy. I would take Bell, Murray (assuming he's in DAL), Charles, DT, and Antonio Brown before Beckham. Beckham is a tier with Dez, Calvin, Forte, Gronk and Julio.

I can't see a scenario where Beckham lasts past the 1st 10 picks of any PPR redraft. Me, I would comfortably take Beckham at 7 overall. But I would NEVER take him #1 overall in a redraft next year.

CJ Anderson? He is definitely more likely to be available at the turn, but I would still bet against it if Manning returns. Pick 9-11 seems likely for Anderson.
I'll be interested to see how that plays out, but we've already seen a lot of skepticism from people who just won't buy into one year of production, comparing him to michael clayton, reuben droughns, keenan allen, etc, and it wasn't really until just recently that people even talked about receivers before the turn, and it was calvin who made those inroads.

now it seems a lot of people are comfortable taking those liberties in their mock projections.

edit: how does forte get in there with odb?

although, that's a nitpick

:shrug: I just posted 3 leagues where he lasted past the top 10 in PPR redraft.

FUBAR said:
fightingillini said:
msudaisy26 said:

what were those full drafts, what are the league specifics, and how many total leagues did you look at?

FUBAR said:
fightingillini said:
msudaisy26 said:

what were those full drafts, what are the league specifics, and how many total leagues did you look at?
Only the three drafts going on right now in the mock forum - WSLs.

Go look for yourself http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=5%C2'>

I realize it's all in the formatting. In some leagues players receive points for return TDs and others don't or defensive players get pointsfor offensive scores and others don't. Would settings have to be modified if say a wr kicks an extra point or field goal? Cause if they would automatically be counted, OBJ is numero uno for me!

Imagine lining OBJ up as kicker on 4th and 2 at say around the 10. The most difficult thing for the D would be that he could kick, but he could take a direct snap or maybe him and the holder run the option....

I realize it's all in the formatting. In some leagues players receive points for return TDs and others don't or defensive players get pointsfor offensive scores and others don't. Would settings have to be modified if say a wr kicks an extra point or field goal? Cause if they would automatically be counted, OBJ is numero uno for me!

Imagine lining OBJ up as kicker on 4th and 2 at say around the 10. The most difficult thing for the D would be that he could kick, but he could take a direct snap or maybe him and the holder run the option....
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread