What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 9 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 9 thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/20251

The draft has already been turned on but the draft timer is off for now.

Passwords should be the same as last season. If you are new to this league, the password should be Anarchy9.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

[SIZE=10pt]1.01 gandalas[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.02 BroncoFreak_2K3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.03 Donsmith753[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.04 gladee88r[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.05 Montana_grizzly_bears[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.06 TheGrimReaper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.07 MrSoup[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.08 Faux Bear[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.09 jhexel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.10 WisWolvrns[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.11 Magic Nose Goblins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.12 buschdocda[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.13 Frogman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.14 Bonfire[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.15 Lord Fantasy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1.16 Hawklets90[/SIZE]

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang...#16 pick in one league, #1 in the other. Talk about opposite extremes.

I will log on and pick now. :)

Took Rodgers at #1. Debated vs other QBs, but there was no way I could even think about going with a different position in this format. Last year picking from #10, I went with Cam there (best of the remaining QBs) and finished in 3rd place in the league.

Honestly among the top QBs (Manning/Brees/Rodgers/Brady), you have to look at the playoff picture in a league like this. While I do think that Brees could quite possibly outscore Rodgers in the regular season, I am going to take the pretty-much guaranteed (barring injury) playoff spot that the Packers offer. That plus the consistency: in this format, the GBTeamQB has finished as the #1 overall scorer every year 2009-2012, and was #7 overall in 2008 and #5 overall in 2007. Can't argue with that level of sustained success.

gandalas said:
Took Rodgers at #1. Debated vs other QBs, but there was no way I could even think about going with a different position in this format. Last year picking from #10, I went with Cam there (best of the remaining QBs) and finished in 3rd place in the league.

Honestly among the top QBs (Manning/Brees/Rodgers/Brady), you have to look at the playoff picture in a league like this. While I do think that Brees could quite possibly outscore Rodgers in the regular season, I am going to take the pretty-much guaranteed (barring injury) playoff spot that the Packers offer. That plus the consistency: in this format, the GBTeamQB has finished as the #1 overall scorer every year 2009-2012, and was #7 overall in 2008 and #5 overall in 2007. Can't argue with that level of sustained success.
I would have made the same pick, but in the playoff format I think there's also an argument to be made for Manning at #1:

Stronger arm, up-tempo offense, addition of Welker, another year with Thomas and Decker, question marks at RB, an easy regular season schedule and no Seattle or San Francisco to go through on the way to the Super Bowl.

I think Manning could throw 45 TDs in the regular season this year without breaking a sweat. The only thing holding him back statistically is the -14 rushing yards he's going to get.

I'm glad I checked my mail when I did, or I might have been late getting here too. I really like this format. Makes drafting a real challenge. Never competed in any league over 12 teams. I wouldn't mind doing a regular redraft or dynasty with this outline. A regular-timed draft would definitely keep me on my toes.

for this league, I took a bit of a different approach, as I was pick #1 in this league as opposed to pick#16 in league 6.

I still wanted to start off with QBs with my first 2 picks, as I feel that is the most important position in this league, and I wanted to get 2 good ones.

1.1 - GreenBay Team QB

2.16 - New York Giants Team QB

With Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning, I feel I have 2 guys who could both easily finish in the top-5 (Rodgers has been #1 for past 3 years), and whose teams should have a very good shot at the playoffs. Unfortunately they are both NFC teams, so there is no way that I could get a superbowl matchup like in league #6.

3.1 David Wilson, RB

With the 2nd pick of my back to back picks, I wanted to get a playmaker. Wilson looks to get a much higher load this year than last, and as above, the Giants have as good of a shot as anyone to make the playoffs.

4.16 - Le'Veon Bell, RB

5.1 - Antonio Brown, WR

With these 2 picks, I got the primary RB from a team that should have a decent shot at the playoffs, as well as the WR1 from the same team. If Pittsburgh makes the playoffs, then both of these guys should have pretty good years as a result.

Unlike my team in league #6, I have no TE picks through round 5. I do not like this, as we are required to have at least 2, and the pool is not that deep to begin with. However, my top 2 RBs should score fairly well, and I have a guy who is decent at my WR1 spot.

I think you took Eli way too early. In League 1, he went at pick 96 and in League 2, he went at pick 78. (Granted, he went way earlier in the other leagues, but I think those owners will be disappointed).

In this format, he ranked only QB20 last season. The year before, he ranked 8th in the regular season (but got the benefit of 4 post season games afterwards). As I see it, unless he approaches 5,000 yards, 35 TDs, and makes a deep playoff run, Eli in the second is too early. Granted, there was an early QB run, but I think you could have waited and gotten him later or gotten someone comparable a few rounds later (and gotten someone better at pick 32).

The following QBs taken after Eli were Romo (pick 40), Luck (pick 59), and Shaub (pick 69). I prefer Eli over all 3 of them, for various reasons. Romo I like better in the regular season, but I also don't like the Cowboys' chances for the playoffs. Luck is close, but I think that he has another year of growing before he reaches the potential.

I don't know, I guess that I am hoping if Nicks stays healthy like in 2011, then both Cruz and Eli will have significantly better seasons as well.

I really wish that Cam had not been taken 2 picks before Eli...I would have vastly preferred him.

This year I intentionally sold out for Rb with this team, and likewise have neglected Wr with the thought of talent to be had or not had later. I'm curious to see how this scores vs balanced drafting.

I'm really sucking at RB too. It's tough to be strong in all the positions in a 16-team league starting 2 QB's. Every round is going to count. I feel bad for the owner that just took Maclin.

I feel like I've completely lost the thread on this draft. I started out with the idea of selling out the run in favor of TEs and WRs but then I look at who I landed (Gronk, Rudolph, Demarius, Jordy and DeAndre Hopkins) and I think: really? Is that the best you can do?

Plus: Ryan Matthews as my RB1 :doh:

Through 9 picks:

QB1: Packers QB (1.1)

QB2: Giants QB (2.16)

RB1: David Wilson (3.1)

RB2: Le'Veon Bell (4.16)

RB3: Rashard Mendenhall (7.1)

WR1: Antonio Brown (5.1)

WR2: Stevie Johnson (6.16)

TE1: Dwayne Allen (8.16)

TE2: Dustin Keller (9.1)

Very happy with my QBs and RBs. WRs I need some more good performers, and TEs are decent. Thank god I have 2 more picks coming up very soon.

gandalas said:
Through 9 picks:

QB1: Packers QB (1.1)

QB2: Giants QB (2.16)

RB1: David Wilson (3.1)

RB2: Le'Veon Bell (4.16)

RB3: Rashard Mendenhall (7.1)

WR1: Antonio Brown (5.1)

WR2: Stevie Johnson (6.16)

TE1: Dwayne Allen (8.16)

TE2: Dustin Keller (9.1)

Very happy with my QBs and RBs. WRs I need some more good performers, and TEs are decent. Thank god I have 2 more picks coming up very soon.
I think Mendenhall is the most interesting pick. On the one hand, he could be a good value as Arians' bellcow with an upgraded line. On other hand that's a tough division to run in and even Mendenhall at his healthiest and best wasn't a game-changer.

Also, you passed on lots of receivers (Shorts, Austin, Smith, Tampa Mike, Boldin) that could ostensibly have helped you out at WR. Yet, still lots of receiver value left as it's so deep this year.

Very interesting, gandalas. Very interesting, indeed!

I finished off the draft, as for the most part people either needed a PK or DEF . . . or pre-drafted players they couldn't draft anyway.

Not super pleased with this one......

IND QB

CLE QB

I was fortunate that IND dropped further than expected..

CLE has opportunity to be better than advertised so there is some upside here....

M. BALL

R.HILLMAN

M. LYNCH

B. PIERCE

was very happy to secure Lynch late 2nd.....didnt really plan on handcuffing both DEN rbs but am ok with....especially poss deep playoff run bonus.....feel PIERCE is nice solid option.....happy w rbs.

AJ GREEN

P. HARVIN

T. AUSTIN

R. RANDLE

B. LAFELL

Malcom FLOYD

here is where problems start.....i get thru rd 3 (Harvin)....im feeling great then news breaks about hip inj...imo i made tactical mistake chasing wr bandaids....in doing so i lose bearing on TE PK D categories........this is going to cost me bigtime

J. CAMERON

D. AUSBERRY

weak.......meat n potatoes category and I show up with an

appetizer.

G.GANO

STURGIS

waited till end of draft....lost focus on....then when realized

decided to blow off...BTW...,commish thnks for Sturgis instead of

Carpenter.....also think rookie takes job

STL

KAN

am ok here....STL solid + add of Austin means better potential

for addl tds.

Not seeing a playoff caliber entry here....middle of pack to poss lower

CAR QB

BUF QB

I think there's an outside shot that these two teams make the playoffs and Cam should be solid regardless

Vereen

Michael

James

Helu

Hoping on injuries and playoff runs, this Is a terrible group though I don't think that's a killer in this format.

Torrey

Decker

James jones

Dobson

Toon

Patterson

I think the first 5 will all be going to the playoffs and can offer decent returns in PPR

Graham

Davis

I took a risk on Davis being the man in SF this year. With 2PPR if he hits and Graham stays healthy this group could be immense.

Kickers and D's are average though again I went for kickers that could make playoffs.

Congrats to BroncoFreak_2013, who is going to end up romping in this league as he is ahead by almost 500 points. The real battle is for second place:

Commish's Corner 3033.92

Jamaal Charles KCC RB

Eddie Lacy GBP RB

Trent Richardson IND RB

Mike Tolbert CAR RB

Anquan Boldin SFO WR
Jacob Tamme DEN TE

Steven Gostkowski NEP PK

Patriots Defense

Gladee88r 2932.94

Broncos TMQB

Bryce Brown PHI RB

Knowshon Moreno DEN RB

Darrius Heyward-Bey IND WR

Matt Prater DEN PK

Donsmith753 2903.68

Panthers TMQB

LaMichael James SFO RB

Christine Michael SEA RB

Shane Vereen NEP RB

Eric Decker DEN WR

Aaron Dobson NEP RB

James Jones GBP WR

Nick Toon NOS WR

Vernon Davis SFO TE

Jimmy Graham NOS TE

Mike Nugent CIN PK

Adam Vinatieri IND PK

Colts Defense

Lord Fantasy 2879.26

Ryan Mathews SDC RB

Robert Turbin SEA RB

Jordy Nelson GBP WR

Demaryius Thomas DEN WR

Chargers Defense

Is that a scoring record for an Anarchy League team?
Not yet. Stinkin' Ref scored 3781.76 in League 4 in 2011 with nearly 1,000 points just from Graham and Gronk.

You need 167.89 to pass him, so it's not going to happen with just Julius Thomas and the Seahawks DEF left. Still a great season though. I would have to check to see if you had the largest margin of victory. That's harder to look up, though.

Bronco Freak will win by the proverbial country mile. I will end up in second.

Battle for third:

DonSmith 3032

Decker, Michael

gladee88r 3027

DEN TMQB, Prater, Moreno

Users who are viewing this thread