What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FPC waiver claims (1 Viewer)

bjsteel

Footballguy
So, within the league, how do you see the league transactions and how much someone bid on a player? When I click on Reports -> Transactions, it only shows who got what player and not what was the $ amount.

Saw the answer in anohter thread...Reports -> Waiver Wire, not Reports -> Transactions, seems more logical to put it under Transcations, but I guess that's what I'm used to.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I am sure it is user error.

I put in a bid for the first round of waivers, get the guy. This is fine.

I put in bids on 5 kickers in round 2 of waivers, with a drop of my kicker, a $3 bid on each of them and I get nothing, squat, nada. One of the five kickers did go to another team, the other 4 went nowhere.

WTF am I doing wrong?

are you using separate bid groups? you can only pick up one player per bid group.

i just had this cleared up for me by support. i'm learning the safest way is to always create a separate bid group and to check the box that says use contingent as necessary.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I am sure it is user error.I put in a bid for the first round of waivers, get the guy. This is fine.I put in bids on 5 kickers in round 2 of waivers, with a drop of my kicker, a $3 bid on each of them and I get nothing, squat, nada. One of the five kickers did go to another team, the other 4 went nowhere.WTF am I doing wrong?
Read post above and there was an email from Dave this week that clarified more (at least his opinion) IF you need it posted let me know

Appreciate if you would post, I never received it. Thanks in advance.

'Captain Hook said:
Does anyone know why this would happen? I am sure it is user error.I put in a bid for the first round of waivers, get the guy. This is fine.I put in bids on 5 kickers in round 2 of waivers, with a drop of my kicker, a $3 bid on each of them and I get nothing, squat, nada. One of the five kickers did go to another team, the other 4 went nowhere.WTF am I doing wrong?
Read post above and there was an email from Dave this week that clarified more (at least his opinion) IF you need it posted let me know

FPC Waiver Tips

Here are some general waiver types and rules of thumb:

1. If you need a kicker (aka Kaeding), set up a separate kicker group. Cut Kaeding and list like 5-6 kickers. Please do not put your only kicker or only defense as a potential cut unless you are picking up another kicker or another defense.

2. Find your guys that you want to cut and find the list of players you want to pick up. List the worst one first, a la Javon Walker for example.

Cut Walker and list all of the guys you want, and I would personally check "Use Contingent Bid as Primary if Necessary" as it will elevate those other bids like Pez in a dispenser if you do not get your first guy.

Keep on going with more bid groups until you run out of guys you want or players on your team that you do not want.

3. VERY IMPORTANT: You CAN NOT get more than 1 player per bid group. DO NOT put all of your bids in one group and expect to get 3 players from it. You will not. You will get one player maximum.

Once you get 1 player, that bid group is is done and all other bids are voided. If you need a kicker AND a defense, please do not mix and match kickers and defenses in the same group. Set up 1 kicker group and 1 defense group. I would always separate between MUST HAVE (kickers/defenses on bye or due to injury) and position player groups (guys I want, but don't really need.)

4. Don't get fancy. If you really want a certain player, bid a lot and go get him. It is an 11 week regular season and bidding dollars are not real. Spend them.

5. Don't try to mess around with lower bids to start and higher bids later, like:

Primary - Player A $50 Contingent - Player A $60 Contingent - Player A $70

or putting different players with different bids and different players to drop across multiple bid groups and all sorts of messy stuff.

6. Do not place multiple bid amounts on the same player across multiple bid groups. The system will always take your highest bid, so you are (in effect) bidding against yourself.

As a reminder, the Footballguys contest uses conditional blind bidding and has one waiver run weekly on Fridays at 9 pm ET. After those waivers, there are NO pickups and NO first come/first serve. If you need a kicker (due to Kaeding injury, for example), I strongly suggest you bid on him first and make sure to list enough players to add.

Users who are viewing this thread