What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone Interested In A Dynasty Start-Up? (1 Viewer)

Nucker101

Footballguy
Thinking of starting up a 12 Team Dynasty Startup PPR League if I can get enough interest. I'm thinking of hosting the draft on MFL and then moving the league over to ESPN once the draft is completed. Likely a slow draft with a 24 hour clock(no need to rush since the season is still months away). Trading players/pick would be enabled during the draft. We'd have a separate rookie draft after the initial draft is completed(opposite order, snake). $50 Buy-In through League safe, and to discourage people from quitting and leaving behind a mediocre old roster, a $25 desposit going towards next year's fee is required(so the first buy-in is $75: $50 or year 1 and $25 deposit for year 2).

In Summary:

- 12 Team Dynasty Startup
- QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/D/K with deep benches
- 4 Pts passing TD'/ 1 point per 25 passing yds/ 6 Rush + Rec TD's/ 1 PP for all positions/ 0.1 per rush + rec yds
- $50 Buy-In through League Safe for Each Season(must pay deposit in advance for future season so initial payment due is $75)
- $600 Pot, $350 to Champion, $100 to Runner-Up, $100 to Regular Season Highest Point Total, 3rd place playoff bracket winner gets $50
- Slow draft with 24 Hour clock(draft order will be randomized and snake order), rookie draft will take place after initial draft(opposite order, also snake and rookie picks can be traded during initial draft and at anytime during the draft or season for picks up to a year in advance).
- Draft will be hosted on MFL, after that the league will be moved to ESPN before the start of the season unless everyone prefers MFL and is willing to chip in $3 to cover fees
- Initial draft will take place as soon as we fill and all payments are made(majority approval on payments every season)

If interested please leave your email here, PM me or email me at nucker101 at gmail. If I can get enough interest this week I'll set up the league and send out invites.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you always paying a year in advance or is the 2nd year free? I've always wondered how people handled these. If you're always paying a year in advance, then you're not really paying a year in advance. It's just a higher 1st year cost.

Regarding Future Buy-ins:

Yeah, I'm flexible to changing that. Maybe something like a 25 or 50% deposit for the next season and a full one if you're trading future picks. Of course, if you can let me know a season in advance that you're unlikely to return then we can come to some sort of an arrangement where you don't have to pay extra. I'm just trying to avoid the owners who ditch bad teams at the end of each season. And it's hard to get replacement owners for bad teams unless a discount is involved.

Move to ESPN:

I'm willing to stay at MFL if everyone is willing to chip in for costs. I've already brought it up to the current members and all that have replied so far seem okay with it.

Carl W Football said:
ESPN site sucks. No thank u
Carl W Football said:
Yeah going to espn would be silly. Also i hate the idea of a security deposit as well. Only way someone should have to pay next years fee is if they decided to tade away next years 1st or 2nd round rookie pick.
This guy again, you do not want him in any of your leagues. Go look in the mock draft forum as to why. He signed up and quit because he didnt understand the rules and because they were not changed to cater to him, be aware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask why you'd run a separate rookie draft from the start up? Genuine question, as I've seen leagues do this and always wondered why the rookie picks or rookies aren't just added to the draft pool and have a standard snake start up draft. I'd hate to get the 1.01/2.12 and then be stuck with the 1.12 in rookie draft as well.

Hey guys, hoping there was still room in this league. Let me know, email travis.leskewitch@gmail.com

Cheers - Travis

I would love to join this league if it is still available. you can count on me to be committed completely.

Users who are viewing this thread