What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lance Briggs? (1 Viewer)

Bytor

Footballguy
Is he worth hanging on to? I paid a pretty good price for him in our draft, but so far he's been just average, even when healthy. Is it time to move on and grab a dynasty stash for next season or an injury replacement for this one?

Now that he has basically quit on his team. Who takes over at WLB? Is it Khaseem or Christian? Any Bears homers have input?

Briggs is still the play for this year (if the Bears lose 2-3 more, then its likely Christina this year).

In dynasty, however, the likely 4-3 look next year (assuming they stay in that mode and don't fire Mel, hire a 3-4 coach, etc...) is as follows: Christian (SLB) - Bostic (MLB) - Khaseem (or, another at WLB).

Hopefully that helps.

Briggs has looked awful when I've watched him play this year. I'd move on if you have a decent alternative.

Briggs has looked awful when I've watched him play this year. I'd move on if you have a decent alternative.
I don't have Briggs. I have Christian Jones. Was hoping he'd slide into MLB or WLB. I see he's listed as a backup SLB, but he had 10 tackles on OCT 26 (granted 8 were assists). I haven't seen any Bears games so I'm not sure where and when they have him on the field.

The Bears will need to sign a LB in the off season. I think Greene has missed his opportunity, and Bostic is just an average player. I just dont see the "IT" in him. Being a Bears fan I took him #10 overall in my dynasty league last year and have cut my losses this year. Jones out snapped Greene against NE. But lets face it, there will be a new DC in Chicago next year so who knows.

Warpig said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
I don't have Briggs. I have Christian Jones. Was hoping he'd slide into MLB or WLB. I see he's listed as a backup SLB, but he had 10 tackles on OCT 26 (granted 8 were assists). I haven't seen any Bears games so I'm not sure where and when they have him on the field.
One thing about the SLB in the Bears scheme is that it is not as desolate as other 4-3 SLB positions. Look at the 2013 stats of James Anderson for a reference point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warpig said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
I think they like what they've seen from Jones so far and he may be a keeper, but it's too early to say for sure. Worth a hold at this point at least to see what happens.

earlier this year, I would have said Greene had a shot to take over the WLB job long-term but feels a bit like he blew the opportunity.

Jones will now get his chance to take the WLB spot and run with it. Briggs is gonna miss a couple/few weeks and they say Jones will slide in during his absence. Briggs is 34 and may be gone after this year. Does Jones have the talent to keep the spot?

Jones went for 4-1 according to CBS and Briggs had 3-3. If all those went to one player, that's a nice stat line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread