What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Berry NFI Out for Year (1 Viewer)

(RotoWire)Berry has been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, the Chiefs' official site reports.

Analysis: "This is a diagnosis that is very treatable and potentially curable with standard chemotherapy approaches," Dr. Christopher R. Flowers of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute (where Berry will be treated) noted in a statement relayed by the Chiefs on Monday. "The goal of Mr. Berry's treatment is to cure his lymphoma and we are beginning that treatment now."

Any thoughts on what the time table would be for him to return to the NFL? Guessing best cause is he's not back until 2016

(RotoWire)Berry has been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, the Chiefs' official site reports.

Analysis: "This is a diagnosis that is very treatable and potentially curable with standard chemotherapy approaches," Dr. Christopher R. Flowers of Emory's Winship Cancer Institute (where Berry will be treated) noted in a statement relayed by the Chiefs on Monday. "The goal of Mr. Berry's treatment is to cure his lymphoma and we are beginning that treatment now."

Any thoughts on what the time table would be for him to return to the NFL? Guessing best cause is he's not back until 2016
I'm curious too - trying to decide what to do in a contract dynasty league where I have him for a relatively high salary and 5 yr contract.

I had Stage II testicular cancer and the chemo/surgery schedule was one where I could see someone coming back within a 6-8 month timeframe. We don't know the specifics of his disease, but I am assuming it's relatively early stage since it was not found in his offseason physical. Based on my cursory research, it looks like there's 4-6 cycles (or 8 weeks). I had 4 cycles, 1 week on and 1 week off for each one.

So if he has Stage IA or IIA (favorable), then I have to believe he might be back even for mini-camps and has to get back into shape.

Jene - any insight here?

Users who are viewing this thread