What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Father's America ebook series (1 Viewer)

jamny

Footballguy
Link to free downloads

Some of you might remember this thread that I posted a couple of year's ago. Well, I've finally decided to get my dad's writing published as an ebook.

I have some coupons that will allow you to download the book for free on Smashwords. All I ask in return is for you to write a short review on amazon.com. Getting reviews will help get the book noticed.

This is Volume One of what I hope to be an 8 volume series. You can read the description on the links but Volume One ends at the defeat of the Great Armada of Spain. Any money from the books will go to my mom since their life savings was wiped out by my dad's cancer treatments. She's a cancer survivor herself and the money will help supplement her Social Security checks that she lives on (besides help from me and my brother)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the coupon code for the free download.
Thx!

also - since I just went through a crash course on ebook publishing, I'd be happy to help anyone else interested in doing it themselves. It can get very complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamny have put info about the book at Kindleboards & Mobileread?

at $7.99 it is going to be hard to get traction as an independent unknown author

btw check How I Sold 1 Million ebooks in 5 Months by John Locke. He's the most successful indie author in the kndle store

btw check How I Sold 1 Million ebooks in 5 Months by John Locke. He's the most successful indie author in the kndle store
Yeah, I've read a lot about him and some other best sellers. It took a lot of back and forth for me to come up with the price. Lots of different studies on prices. I was almost going with $5.99 but when you look at some other non-fiction, a lot go for $9.99 and over. Even some unknown authors. Fiction is usually lower, into the .99 to 5.99 range. I'll see how it goes, thanks for the advice! Today is my first foray into promotion, primarily facebook and twitter so far. I haven't yet gone over to Mobilereads and the Kindle boards. Probably this weekend.

Some of you might remember this thread that I posted a couple of year's ago. Well, I've finally decided to get my dad's writing published as an ebook.

It's available on amazon.com

and also on Smashwords.com , an ebook aggregator, in various other format.

I have some coupons that will allow you to download the book for free on Smashwords. All I ask in return is for you to write a short review on amazon.com. Getting reviews will help get the book noticed.

This is Volume One of what I hope to be an 8 volume series. You can read the description on the links but Volume One ends at the defeat of the Great Armada of Spain. Any money from the books will go to my mom since their life savings was wiped out by my dad's cancer treatments. She's a cancer survivor herself and the money will help supplement her Social Security checks that she lives on (besides help from me and my brother)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the coupon code for the free download.

Thx!

also - since I just went through a crash course on ebook publishing, I'd be happy to help anyone else interested in doing it themselves. It can get very complicated.
I am interested...please send me the coupon code.

Jamny, GREAT job writing that little essay on his author page on Amazon.

Please send me a copy or just a chapter. I will gladly review.
Hey thanks!That's actually the foreword of the book. I remember when I sent my dad some literature that I wrote for a home theater show I was working on, he was impressed by it, saying "it's good to see you can put two words together" That was kinda the extent of his praise. :D

I'll send out the codes shortly.

Thx!

Something I just noticed on amazon.com. They request full disclosure that an item was given to you for free in exchange for a review. Just making those that are planning reviews aware of that.

send me one! your father sounds like a great man!
Hmmm. A great man. My dad was a really good father and a regular guy. Kinda caught between the WWII generation and the baby boomers. He was always the youngest dad among my friends. He was a house painter here in NY and became involved with the PDCA. He got a job offer to be a commercial estimator in Dallas and never had to pick up a brush again. I was 18 when they moved and I stayed in NY. I'd call my mom at least once a week and on certain occasions (birthdays, holidays, Fathers Day) my dad would get on the phone. They were great conversations but that was kinda the extent of our relationship. We were very much alike and would eventually butt heads a bit when together for too long.He died too soon at 60 years old and I think we were just getting to that point to start to get to know each other. That's kinda why what he wrote took me by surprise. I knew he was into it but never knew he kept going, or how good it was. It was just his thing. I'm now up to his third book. It maintains the consistancy of the first two. It's just good and I read it in his voice.I don't think I ever really knew my dad, at least not enough to call him great.He was a good dad though.

I just want to say how cool it is that you saw your father's work through to being published, and that the bio on amazon was well written and interesting.

:thumbup:

send me one! your father sounds like a great man!
Hmmm. A great man. My dad was a really good father and a regular guy. Kinda caught between the WWII generation and the baby boomers. He was always the youngest dad among my friends. He was a house painter here in NY and became involved with the PDCA. He got a job offer to be a commercial estimator in Dallas and never had to pick up a brush again. I was 18 when they moved and I stayed in NY. I'd call my mom at least once a week and on certain occasions (birthdays, holidays, Fathers Day) my dad would get on the phone. They were great conversations but that was kinda the extent of our relationship. We were very much alike and would eventually butt heads a bit when together for too long.He died too soon at 60 years old and I think we were just getting to that point to start to get to know each other. That's kinda why what he wrote took me by surprise. I knew he was into it but never knew he kept going, or how good it was. It was just his thing. I'm now up to his third book. It maintains the consistancy of the first two. It's just good and I read it in his voice.I don't think I ever really knew my dad, at least not enough to call him great.He was a good dad though.
Did you ever think of putting it on tape for download? I'm sure you father was a good man. That's all you can ask for.

Send me the code. I love history and always am looking for something to read on a plane. I will give you an honest review on amazon afterwords.

Cool looking cover!
Thanks!I came up with the basic layout and the photos but found someone on freelancer.com to put it all together. I think she did an amazing job, especially with the decorative details. I told her to definitely hold on to the template because I'll use her again for any future volumes.

OK, I think that's it for the coupons. I just ask that those who I've sent them to try to download the book sometime during the week. I'll probably lock out the code next weekend.

Thanks to all and can't wait to read the reviews.! :thumbup:

A couple of good reviews so far...thanks! :thumbup:

I am afraid that people will think I started new accounts to hype my own product though. :D

Keep 'em coming!

Users who are viewing this thread