What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Curry LB (Is there still hope for Dyn IDP owners?) (1 Viewer)

jacobo_moses

Footballguy
Jene or whoever wants to put in their 2 cents.

Aaron Curry LB. What are your thoughts on him from a Dynasty IDP perspective? I mean I know he is very suspect in coverage. But from what I read. IF he is used right he is a great run and pursue type OLB or ILB. (So he could be of value in Tackle heavy leagues right?)

Just seeing Jene or whoever if you thought Curry could still turn his career around or not?

Too many ifs...

If he plays the run more consistently...

If he plays in all subpackages...

If the scheme fit is right...

If his supporting cast isn't as strong...

He's athletic, but his athleticism has never translated to the field well, despite being used in many different roles. Anyone could be a decent run and pursue type linebacker if protected well and not surrounded by a decent surrounding cast.

Curry has been in "I'll believe it when I see it," limbo for nearly two seasons now. Very little upside here.

The addition of Wheeler is a huge help to the run defense as Curry will continue to be the WLB regardless. The entire defensive scheme is being modified and it could well be a 3-4 base if the Raiders draft a NT. I think Curry could be a playmaker in that system. In the 4-3 with the current personnel on roster, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread