What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

'Football Critic said:
Prepare to be embarrassed ladies.
Get your hard hat ready, cuz I'm about to drop some drafting knowledge.Dont you usually lose in all these leagues anyways?
Dude, that's like asking if a bear ####s in the woods. It not if a bear ####s in the woods, it's how much it ####s in the woods.

So, if Cowboy times out how's that gonna effect my #16 spot. I was looking forward to that and having back to back picks. 1st time in any of the survivor formats I've had that spot andwanted to see how my draft went from there. Of course whatever happens it ain't gonna piss me off . I'll just roll with whatever's best for the draft and to keep movin' along hopefully.

So, if Cowboy times out how's that gonna effect my #16 spot. I was looking forward to that and having back to back picks. 1st time in any of the survivor formats I've had that spot andwanted to see how my draft went from there. Of course whatever happens it ain't gonna piss me off . I'll just roll with whatever's best for the draft and to keep movin' along hopefully.
Same thing happened in SSL2 - just tell Bass you want to keep your #16 pick and Cowboy will go to #15 instead

Got it. I'll make his pick when it comes up.

Maybe my new avatar will spark some interest and guys will show up :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm satisfied with a top 5 QB and a top 3 TE with my first 2 picks. Coulda went receiver as there was some pretty good ones available but opted for Gates. RB's available didn't appeal to me so I hope that strategy works out for me in the end.

1.16- QB Peyton Manning

2.01- TE Antonio Gates

That's a lovely PAIR of......er, players :D

I'm satisfied with a top 5 QB and a top 3 TE with my first 2 picks. Coulda went receiver as there was some pretty good ones available but opted for Gates. RB's available didn't appeal to me so I hope that strategy works out for me in the end.1.16- QB Peyton Manning2.01- TE Antonio GatesThat's a lovely PAIR of......er, players :D
these leagues are typically won and lost at the RB/WR position...you have neither.

I like McFadden, I think he has upside. If he stays healthy, it'll be a solid pick. I liked what I saw from McFadden in a PPR format.

Roddy White at 2.3 in a 16 team league, PPR, and start 3 WR is a steal, thanks guys.

Went QB/TE with Vick/Clark to start as those two could easily put up 50 per game combined in this format. Now I get to try to fill in the WR/RB position with #2 & 3 types and hope to hit on some reaches. I normally like to grab RB's early, but did not like what was on the board there when I picked

'LHUCKS said:
'BassNBrew said:
Reggie Wayne is a safe boring pick. :X
And Schuab was even more boring. In a league "won and lost at the WR/RB" why would you reach on him in the 3rd round?
a) I don't consider it a reachb) QBs will be at a premium in these drafts, I'll explain it to you after these drafts are completedsilly Bass
QBs at a premium. WR/RB win or loss the league.I guess I'll stay tuned for tomorrow's episode of The Essential TE following by next week's two hour special, Kicker and Defense; Make or Break Your Season.

I'm satisfied with a top 5 QB and a top 3 TE with my first 2 picks. Coulda went receiver as there was some pretty good ones available but opted for Gates. RB's available didn't appeal to me so I hope that strategy works out for me in the end.1.16- QB Peyton Manning2.01- TE Antonio GatesThat's a lovely PAIR of......er, players :D
these leagues are typically won and lost at the RB/WR position...you have neither.
Seriously?Yeah, the QB and TE when its 2 ppr for them, has nothing to do with the winning and losing.Hucks, do you think before you bust out your hardcore point of view?

Seriously?Yeah, the QB and TE when its 2 ppr for them, has nothing to do with the winning and losing.Hucks, do you think before you bust out your hardcore point of view?
Junior, I was drafting in the FBG survivor leagues before you even knew what footballguys.com was.Recognize, fool.

I was really hoping to get 2 of Matthews/Ingram/Bradshaw/Moreno in rounds 3 & 4, but had to settle for only Ingram as none of them made it to 4.6. Was then hoping Maclin would fall one more spot, but had to settle for Santonio Holmes. May have been different if not for the 2 timouts moving me form 4.4 to 4.6? SO far

Vick

Ingram

Holmes

D. Clark

I like the upside of my team so far but Vick's injury risk scares me

I have PM'd our alternate snellman. If I hear from him before Born to Run shows up again I am replacing him. How do you not show up for over 12 hours when only 1 person picks in between your 2 picks?

I have PM'd our alternate snellman. If I hear from him before Born to Run shows up again I am replacing him. How do you not show up for over 12 hours when only 1 person picks in between your 2 picks?
This dude is horrible, and should be black balled in all survivor drafts.I'll take a person who complains about draft time, and a person who dont know much like Hucks over this Born dude. Hesux at this, i agree how do you not understand only one person picks before u and you dont check back, a pathetic act on this board.To time out to only an hour before your pick in round 4, is pathetic and ignorant. shows you have no concept of common sense, and also shows you ar not able to handle something organized. These people make me mad more than anyone who runs their mouth. You can ignore a smack talker...you cant fix someone not making picks.

I was really hoping to get 2 of Matthews/Ingram/Bradshaw/Moreno in rounds 3 & 4, but had to settle for only Ingram as none of them made it to 4.6. Was then hoping Maclin would fall one more spot, but had to settle for Santonio Holmes. May have been different if not for the 2 timouts moving me form 4.4 to 4.6? SO farVickIngramHolmesD. ClarkI like the upside of my team so far but Vick's injury risk scares me
A rookie as your #1 runner? you confident that will work out?

I was really hoping to get 2 of Matthews/Ingram/Bradshaw/Moreno in rounds 3 & 4, but had to settle for only Ingram as none of them made it to 4.6. Was then hoping Maclin would fall one more spot, but had to settle for Santonio Holmes. May have been different if not for the 2 timouts moving me form 4.4 to 4.6? SO farVickIngramHolmesD. ClarkI like the upside of my team so far but Vick's injury risk scares me
A rookie as your #1 runner? you confident that will work out?
In that offense, i will take my chances. Was hoping to get a vet to go with him in the 4th, but was not thrilled with the choices left so went WR

Freeman

Mendenhall

Mathews

Nicks

Very pleased so far after 4. Nicks in the mid 2nd was a gift and I'm big on Mathews this year. Was hoping to pair Nicks and Eli, but Freeman will have to do.

I do not like how he started this draft so now I will have to try to repair this team on the fly. Blount is a high risk pick but I like his position better than the other players I was considering here. Hopefully I can turn this team around in the next few rounds.

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting.

QB1 - Matt Schaub

RB1 - Frank Gore

RB2 - Jonathan Stewart

WR1 - Reggie Wayne

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting.

QB1 - Matt Schaub

RB1 - Frank Gore

RB2 - Jonathan Stewart

WR1 - Reggie Wayne
O RLY?QB - Eli Manning

RB - Steven Jackson

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Mike Wallace

B. Roethisberger

P. Hillis

J. Best

A. Johnson

Happy with this start. Got the QB and WR that I was targeting and a pair of running backs that should do fine.

Thanks for having me guys. I know I can draft better than LHUCKS so at least I won't finish last. :football:

QB: Drew Brees

RB1: Maurice Jones-Drew

RB2: DeAngelo Williams

WR1: Brandon Marshall

WR2: Brandon Lloyd

Working well, assuming Lloyd was not a 1-hit wonder. Still need TE, and they are going quickly.

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting.QB1 - Matt SchaubRB1 - Frank GoreRB2 - Jonathan StewartWR1 - Reggie Wayne
Hmmm...if the hacks are drafting scrubs and nothing has slid to you, then you must be drafting crappy scrubs. Seriously, do you ever think before you post?

'BassNBrew said:
'LHUCKS said:
Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting.QB1 - Matt SchaubRB1 - Frank GoreRB2 - Jonathan StewartWR1 - Reggie Wayne
Hmmm...if the hacks are drafting scrubs and nothing has slid to you, then you must be drafting crappy scrubs. Seriously, do you ever think before you post?
:lmao:

'snellman said:
Thanks for having me guys. I know I can draft better than LHUCKS so at least I won't finish last. :football:
Is that you with your son...if so, great avatar man.

'BassNBrew said:
Oh Bass...you take everything so literally. :lmao: You keep up the crappy work you're doing in SSLII okay! On the bright side, at least you can't draft any worse than you did in WSL1. :thumbup:

'LHUCKS said:
I like it, there's some concern about your top RB's in terms of overall health for a survivor league but if they work out it's a start of something good.

Users who are viewing this thread