What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bigger goober: Eli Manning or Michael Phelps? (1 Viewer)

question

• Eli Manning

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • Michael Phelps

Votes: 51 34.7%

• Total voters
this is easy. in general, all swimmers are gooberish. (no offense to swimmers here)

the 6 foot long torso doesn't help either.

think about it. doesn't it take a goober to go through the hellish swimmer training schedule for sport that won't even get you laid.

eli, on the other hand, was probably nailing the captain of the cheerleading squad (like all good QBs should) while phelps was squeezing in a quick 18th meal of the day to be sure to get those 10,000 caleries in before a late night swim

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone approaches the gooberness of Eli. It's not close. Guy's on another level than the rest of us

this is easy. in general, all swimmers are gooberish. (no offense to swimmers here)

think about it. doesn't it take a goober to go through the hellish swimmer training schedule for sport that won't even get you laid.

eli, on the other hand, was probably nailing the captain of the cheerleading squad (like all good QBs should) while phelps was squeezing in a quick 18th meal of the day to be sure to get those 10,000 caleries in before a late night swim
...not according to a lot of stories about Phelps at U of M, he apparently likes to party hard and is known to pick up girls all the time, and it was stressed ALL THE TIME, as in rock star terms. I doubt Eli has ever even had as much as a rumour that can compare to Phelps with the girls.

...not according to a lot of stories about Phelps at U of M, he apparently likes to party hard and is known to pick up girls all the time, and it was stressed ALL THE TIME, as in rock star terms. I doubt Eli has ever even had as much as a rumour that can compare to Phelps with the girls.
if this is true, i change my vote.all the swimmers i've ever met were goobers.

eli is quite a goober when compared to other NFL QB's

On a local radio station here they were talking about it and a bunch of girls called in with stories about him, both girls who were with him or girls who's friends were with him, either way, he's got quite a rep.

On a local radio station here they were talking about it and a bunch of girls called in with stories about him, both girls who were with him or girls who's friends were with him, either way, he's got quite a rep.
i've never thought he was a goober :mellow:

i've never thought he was a goober :own3d:
Eli? Guy looks like he could star in a remake of Life Goes On.The thing I like so much about Phelps is that he's the most built guy in the history of the world, but he still manages to look like a gigantic goober.

i've never thought he was a goober :own3d:
Eli? Guy looks like he could star in a remake of Life Goes On.The thing I like so much about Phelps is that he's the most built guy in the history of the world, but he still manages to look like a gigantic goober.
HELL NO!!!!!! The only person that comes to mind when I think about Eli is Jared from the subway commercials. I cringe every time I see Eli on tv because i feel so sorry for the poor *******...never had a chance

Look, Phelps owns a bulldog. Eli has meerkats.
Eli can take a hit from 400 pound defensive linemen and get up with a crooked smile. Phelps deals with water with a crooked smile. Of course, Eli probably isn't very swift in the water, and Phelps would probably go running to mommy if, say, Bob Sanders looked as though he wanted to get a new tackling dummy for Christmas. All told, I think Phelps is a bigger goober. Little goobers don't win MVPs.

They definitely remind me of one another, but I find it hard to refer to self made millionaires as "goobers". I mean, for every minute we spend typing on this message board, they're earning twice our annual salary, while hot women line up to service them, and they're the goobers?

Users who are viewing this thread