What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas lights: where to buy? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Home Depot was pretty picked over today, they didn't have what I wanted. Amazon seems hit-and-miss. Anyone got a good spot? I'm looking for the clear white LEDs, mini lights. TIA

Hoats

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some of the larger white LEDs at Lowe's last year at a good price. The big box stores will probably get more shippments in this week. Just hit it up on a Thursday or Friday.

Places to buy led white mini lights

target, home depot, lowes, Wal mart, cvs, rite aid, walgreens, bed bath beyond, sears, boscovs, the Christmas tree shoppe, the white van down by the river, coscto, bjs, Sam's club.

Places to buy led white mini lights

target, home depot, lowes, Wal mart, cvs, rite aid, walgreens, bed bath beyond, sears, boscovs, the Christmas tree shoppe, the white van down by the river, coscto, bjs, Sam's club.
Big Lots, Ollie's...

I will say that stores are no longer getting as much inventory. Two year ago I couldn't find a single string of lights 2 weeks before Christmas. Last year I made sure I had everything I needed and noticed all the Christmas stuff was gone again before Christmas.

I will say that stores are no longer getting as much inventory. Two year ago I couldn't find a single string of lights 2 weeks before Christmas. Last year I made sure I had everything I needed and noticed all the Christmas stuff was gone again before Christmas.
Weird right? Even Amazon seems picked over.

IIRC - Big lots was the only place my patents could find lights a week before Christmas.

I've never heard of them but my step father enjoys scavenger hunts for hard to find items and that's where he got lucky.

hawk move is to buy them dec 26th
This. Christmas decorations BEFORE Christmas is a huge scam. I won't go out for Black Friday crap no matter how good the deal, but I've often gotten up with the wife at 7:00 AM on 12/26 to go to Target, Kohls, Pier One, etc. to clean out any Christmas Decorations we like at 75% off.

The ONLY risk with lights is that you might get a box with a style that's discontinued, or maybe a strand that won't work and you won't realize it till next year, but still...at those prices, who cares. I got most of my larger LED tree lights for $3-4/box.

Where do you live again , Nick?

Here in the Wash DC area, all the stores are literally empty of Christmas items and they're prepping for Spring by the week of Christmas. It's crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you live again , Nick?

Here in the Wash DC area, all the stores are literally empty of Christmas items and they're prepping for Spring by the week of Christmas. It's crazy.
I live in Central NJ (Hunterdon County), but we were at my parents the last two years in VA when we went post-X-mas shopping, about an hour west of DC, out past Leesburg...Went shopping in Winchester. I wouldn't say it was a fully stocked store, but Target had several hundred sets of maybe 10 different styles.

seriously? i partnered in an xmas light company with a $1500 minimum/job. you want their number? you're a perfect customer for us.

Went to Lowe's yesterday. They had a huge selection of absolutely everything. :shrug: I reloaded in case any of our strands burned out.

Ordered 5 boxes of 100 stringers from Lowes when their Black Friday flyer came out this weekend. Picked them up at my local store yesterday, no wait, no hassle, no crowd, no running out. Highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread