What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dennis Prager: campus sexual assaults are "lies to get votes" (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
And here I've always kinda liked Prager. Don't agree with him much, but I found him to be one of the more thoughtful talk show hosts out there.

That is, until this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/29/dennis-prager-sexual-assault_n_6072092.html

Conservative radio host Dennis Prager claimed during a Republican get-out-the-vote rally in Sarasota, Fla., on Tuesday that the number of sexual assaults on college campuses has been exaggerated to win votes.“It’s a gargantuan lie to get votes," Prager said. "It’s as big a lie as the culture of rape on your campuses. What nonsense. There is a culture of rape on campuses run by the feminist left?” Prager addressed about 700 people at the rally, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.Prager claimed that Democrats had trivialized rape by defining it too broadly. The Department of Justice defines sexual assault as “any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.”"One in five women are sexually assaulted on campuses," Prager said. "Do you know what sexual assault means? Did you ever look at what counts? An unwanted kiss is considered sexual assault. I’m stunned it's only one in five. Four out of five women have not gotten an unwanted kiss? My wife gets unwanted kisses every so often.”

Oof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, another one of these threads.
It's like I said the other day - If there isn't an overly active political thread on the front page Tim will start one. He HAS to have an argument going on. SOP.
We just had a multi page discussion about this very topic. Evidently, Prager's comments were so significant this couldn't be added to it.
Obviously I thought so. Why do you care?

It's like I said the other day - If there isn't an overly active political thread on the front page Tim will start one. He HAS to have an argument going on. SOP.
We just had a multi page discussion about this very topic. Evidently, Prager's comments were so significant this couldn't be added to it.
Obviously I thought so. Why do you care?
Because you exercise ####ty forum etiquette

Again, SOP for Timmy. I mean, how many different threads has he started on illegal immigration? They all end up as the same discussion but he has to start a NEW thread every time something pops in to his head.

Interesting how 99% of these type of Tim threads are about conservatives. But there are no double standards here. It is always the conservative response which is thread worthy, not the possibility that maybe the Democrats might be over-exaggerating the issue with emotionally-charged language.

ETA: I am not familiar with this well-known talk-radio figure who dared to express an opinion.

You deserve your own thread! And so do you! Here's your thread! Everything gets its own thread!

2016 TimSchtick is going to suck with TimThreads and Timposts and Timpinions and TimRants and every other Tim-tastic political crapfest.

Can we make a new FFA for those of us that don't care about who wins between two politically corrupt and intellectually vapid candidates?

Or finding ridiculous comments from stupid people to get enraged about? Even for Tim thread this is weak.

What an ######.
I met him once back when he came to our school for a talk when I was an undergrad (early 90s), and the only takeaway for me was that he's the most smug, pompous, self important, windbag jerk I've ever met. You could also drive a truck through the holes in the "logic" he'd attempt to apply when making his arguments.

Tim, is there anyone who you actually oppose?
The guy found this year's World Series to be boring. I wouldn't worry too much about his perspective on things.
Come on did he really? :lmao: At this point I think Tim is 100% shtick because nobody can possibly go against or be on the wrong side of so many opinions and issues. I'm still a big fan of his work.

This was done crudely, but the one-in-five stat has been pretty much thoroughly debunked. In addition, the statistic has been repeatedly used in the service of both the expansion of Title IX sexual assault claims with the attendant reduced due process, and also as a campaign tactic.

Tim, is there anyone who you actually oppose?
The guy found this year's World Series to be boring. I wouldn't worry too much about his perspective on things.
Come on did he really? :lmao: At this point I think Tim is 100% shtick because nobody can possibly go against or be on the wrong side of so many opinions and issues. I'm still a big fan of his work.
See curly night's tri-yearly whoever wins the World Series, super bowl, or nba finals bandwagon thread for the exact quote

No need to look it up. It was a dull series. Most of the games were blowouts. And I wanted it to be between the Angels and Dodgers so that sucked too.

I met him once back when he came to our school for a talk when I was an undergrad (early 90s), and the only takeaway for me was that he's the most smug, pompous, self important, windbag jerk I've ever met. You could also drive a truck through the holes in the "logic" he'd attempt to apply when making his arguments.
I saw him once on the FOX show "Redeye", and even the other conservatives on the panel mocked him for being so pretentious and self-righteous.

Doctor Detroit said:
I agree with Prager.
Based on what exactly?

:popcorn:
Calling it a "gargantuan lie to get votes" is ridiculous. But it is an effort to expand the definition so wide that things that should be considered harassment are being labeled as assault. And as that viral video shows, things that most people consider simple greetings are now being construed as harassment. I am sure things like date rape/assault are prevalent on college campuses and need to be taken seriously even using more conventional definitions. This seems to be an attempt by feminist to promote their cause by inflating statistics.

I do think there is a serious problem with colleges kicking students out based on allegations alone. This happens to guys a lot.

If people really are claiming that 1 in 5 women on college campuses are sexually assaulted, I have a hard time believing that.

Doctor Detroit said:
I agree with Prager.
Based on what exactly? :popcorn:
Calling it a "gargantuan lie to get votes" is ridiculous. But it is an effort to expand the definition so wide that things that should be considered harassment are being labeled as assault. And as that viral video shows, things that most people consider simple greetings are now being construed as harassment. I am sure things like date rape/assault are prevalent on college campuses and need to be taken seriously even using more conventional definitions. This seems to be an attempt by feminist to promote their cause by inflating statistics.
Assault is an unwanted touching.

We're a changing society, it's not a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread