What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scammers (1 Viewer)

monkeysee

Footballguy
Just a heads up -

If you get an email or see an online post in a forum from a Donny Payne or his buddy Matt (email addresses: FANTASYEXPERT@AOL.COM;MARINOMAC@AOL.COM)then avoid at all costs. They create these pool contests under the name Adrenaline Sports out of Missouri for all sports and I played in one and got 2nd place recently that paid 150 and never got my cash and then I emailed other winners and they said they never got paid either. They never replied to emails or phone calls. Just a heads up for commissioners that get requests for these guys to enter your fantasy leagues as well. SCAM ARTISTS

Add - I haven't had much luck. Played in Aquil league as well. He isn't responding to anyone. What a shock. I really hope someone finds this guy and makes him cry and then puts in on youtube.

Forward this info along on any other forums you may visit so people can avoid another Aquil situation. Get the word out. I am hitting every forum I can find and playing in his contests under fake names to email the pool contest league members privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
'monkeysee said:
Just a heads up -If you get an email or see an online post in a forum from a Donny Payne or his buddy Matt (email addresses: FANTASYEXPERT@AOL.COM;MARINOMAC@AOL.COM)then avoid at all costs. They create these pool contests under the name Adrenaline Sports out of Missouri for all sports and I played in one and got 2nd place recently that paid 150 and never got my cash and then I emailed other winners and they said they never got paid either. They never replied to emails or phone calls. Just a heads up for commissioners that get requests for these guys to enter your fantasy leagues as well. SCAM ARTISTSAdd - I haven't had much luck. Played in Aquil league as well. He isn't responding to anyone. What a shock. I really hope someone finds this guy and makes him cry and then puts in on youtube.Forward this info along on any other forums you may visit so people can avoid another Aquil situation. Get the word out. I am hitting every forum I can find and playing in his contests under fake names to email the pool contest league members privately.
THANKS for the "heads-up"

This is becoming an epidemic. People are seeing a way to easily rip off people, so they do. Criminals can always sniff out ways to rob honest hard working people. Not to mention the increase in degenerate gamblers out there who see an easy way to feed their habit.

This is sad. It is seriously hindering the hobby.

League Safe, folks.

Good luck to you.
Sorry, but League Safe doesn't guarantee you anything. The commish still has control over the money.

Leaguesafe FAQ -

Winner payouts: How do I get paid at the end of the season?

Once the season has ended, your league commissioner will assign league funds to the winners of your league. Once the payout allocations have been approved in accordance with the Payout Rule for your league, individual winners are responsible for logging in to their LeagueSafe accounts and withdrawing their winnings. The amount available for withdrawal will be shown at the top of your user home page. Funds are available within 24 hours from the end of the regular season.

Payouts: Majority Vote Method

Commissioners who selected the Majority Vote payout method at the beginning of the season are solely responsible for allocating payouts at the end of the season. Once the allocation has been submitted, the league will be given a chance to vote on the proposed allocations via email. Once the allocation has received enough votes to pass with a 51% majority, funds will transfer from the league into individual owner accounts.

The vote will stay open for 7 days. If not enough votes are cast to reach a majority, the allocation will pass or fail based on the number of votes cast at the time of expiration. For example, if 3 members of a 10-team league vote YES and 1 votes NO, the allocation would pass by a count of 3-1 upon expiration.

ETA: Looks like eveyrone needs to make sure your Payout Rule is Majority Approval instead of Commissioner Control.

Dirty commishes can change their name/email very easily so you cannot stop them unless you stop joining their leagues.

I believe the best thing for the hobby because I agree that Leaguesafe is not the answer whasoever is to comprise a list of the GOOD COMMISHES. A good commissioner wouldn't be allowed on the list until like 20+ people speak on his behalf. Not only will this help folks avoid scammers but it will help you find well run leagues because even some of the guys who won't run off with your loot don't have any business running a league.

It could work if someone really did it well. Then if a couple guys from the major forums basically updated each other with additions or subtractions to the list, everyone benefits.

If angry mobs cannot track down these losers and take care of em, to me the above is the next best way to stop it.

In Leaguesafe: Looks like eveyrone needs to make sure your Payout Rule is Majority Approval instead of Commissioner Control.

'JohnnyU said:
In Leaguesafe: Looks like eveyrone needs to make sure your Payout Rule is Majority Approval instead of Commissioner Control.
Yeah but 80% of the leagues I have seen on LS are not set up that way. And when you ask them to do it they have all sorts of reasons like "it takes too long to get everyone to vote and you dont want your money waiting on votes at year end" or a couple disgruntled guys could refuse to vote and then the payouts are held up.

LS is not any safer than risking a commish on these boards. There are probably 10 obvious good commishes and then a whole bunch more possibilities. There are really very few bad ones, but unfortunately they are the ones you hear about. Nobody posts 100 posts about how great it was to get paid by commishes because it is expected. So we only hear the bad situations.

Yeah but 80% of the leagues I have seen on LS are not set up that way. And when you ask them to do it they have all sorts of reasons like "it takes too long to get everyone to vote and you dont want your money waiting on votes at year end" or a couple disgruntled guys could refuse to vote and then the payouts are held up.
Ugh. A league I joined was this way this year and the commish gave the bolded as the excuse.Wound up winning the league and then it proceeded to take him 3+ weeks to release the money "because of the holidays" :rolleyes . It takes 60 seconds to release...

Would strongly advise Leaguesafe owners to use Majority Approval. I know I won't join a league w/o that option.

Just a heads up -If you get an email or see an online post in a forum from a Donny Payne or his buddy Matt (email addresses: FANTASYEXPERT@AOL.COM;MARINOMAC@AOL.COM)then avoid at all costs. They create these pool contests under the name Adrenaline Sports out of Missouri for all sports and I played in one and got 2nd place recently that paid 150 and never got my cash and then I emailed other winners and they said they never got paid either. They never replied to emails or phone calls. Just a heads up for commissioners that get requests for these guys to enter your fantasy leagues as well. SCAM ARTISTSAdd - I haven't had much luck. Played in Aquil league as well. He isn't responding to anyone. What a shock. I really hope someone finds this guy and makes him cry and then puts in on youtube.Forward this info along on any other forums you may visit so people can avoid another Aquil situation. Get the word out. I am hitting every forum I can find and playing in his contests under fake names to email the pool contest league members privately.
:eek: Wow. Yep, total crook. Donny Payne. Goes by "Matt Callahan" and probably others. And he tried to steal a lot of money in a Masters Pool last year. I actually have a thread about it, I'll try and find it.Thanks to YSR's crack research :bow: , found out some stuff about him, like this tidbit:"He had a judgment against him and Extreme Team Sport.... There was a garnishment executed on him and his wife wages back in February."Now, he DID end up finally paying like 6 months later. But I am sure he only did so because of unrelenting pressure. One guy called him hundreds of times.

Users who are viewing this thread