What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Safety 5 pts? (1 Viewer)

that's the rules

i'm sure plenty of people lose games when team defenses give up 11+ points, and lose that bonus for low points allowed.

Just frustrated because I'm 0-2 after losing to two crappy teams. Richardson and C Johnson better get it going soon.

Actually, no. 5 pts for a safety is dumb. That being said, I drafted a team full of busts. It happens.

When creating the rules and scoring system for the FFPC & the Footballguys Players Championship, we felt that safeties should be worth more than a fumble or a interception. That is the reasoning for making them worth 5 points. We think it makes sense.

When creating the rules and scoring system for the FFPC & the Footballguys Players Championship, we felt that safeties should be worth more than a fumble or a interception. That is the reasoning for making them worth 5 points. We think it makes sense.
That's my reasoning. Both my leagues have 5pt safeties because they are a scoring play and more rare than ints and fumbles. Most leagues have 2 pts for those.

Most leagues set points for sacks at 2. I think a sack that turns into 2 points for the team should be worth more. I usually go with 4, but 5 doesn't sound unreasonable.

Obligatory :ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread