What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Abandoned Team? (1 Viewer)

jabarony

Footballguy
To Alex & co.

What is done about abandoned teams. Not positive there is one, yet, but an 0-7 team hasn't logged in in a week and currently is ready to start 3 players on bye. Is there a way for you to goose this owner into setting a lineup? Or, is there a way to set a default lineup based on points-to-date? I assume it's easier to to do now instead of Monday when you get 10 other complaints about competitive balance.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about abandoned teams as we do not actively engage in setting starting lineups unless there is malicious intent to sabotage a roster.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about abandoned teams as we do not actively engage in setting starting lineups unless there is malicious intent to sabotage a roster.
Starting 3 guys on BYE is not sabotaging a roster? Why not send an email to owner? Then, if no action taken, submit a lineup based on projected points, alphabetical order... anything really besides BYE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can do anything with abandoned teams now.. my league has an owner who last logged in Sep 12 to adjust his team, it wouldn't be fair if I played him this week and the commish started setting his lineup for him while everybody else before me got pretty much a free win

Starting 3 guys on BYE is not sabotaging a roster? Why not send an email to owner? Then, if no action taken, submit a lineup based on projected points, alphabetical order... anything really besides BYE.
Team abandonment is not a new issue to us, and obviously an old issue in the FF hobby. We've discussed, debated and considered various actions or programming to try and "fix" the problem. There has not been anything we could come up with within our technological abilities which we thought would fix the abandonment issue without creating more problems. Keep in mind that this cannot be a league by league or team by team fix. We have hundreds of leagues within our contests and any "fix" has to function across all leagues and take a lot of things into consideration.

With that said, we have not just thrown up our hands altogether. We are in the process of building our new league management software which will go live for 2014 season and we hope the new technology will allow us more ability to find a solution, at least a partial one, to improve team abandonment.

Users who are viewing this thread