What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has the Consolation rd. winner ever outscored the Championship rd.? (1 Viewer)

OG_GF

Footballguy
Because that would not be much of a consolation, winning $2500, if by some freaky reason your awesome team missed the Championship and woulda won the $250k. I realize there are certain safegaurds (like the top 2% rule) that are in place to try and prevent that from happening, but if it happened, I think the consolation team should get the trophy. Better team. Put up the most points in the 3 week span.

And maybe ... a back rub from whoever wins the $250k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because that would not be much of a consolation, winning $2500, if by some freaky reason your awesome team missed the Championship and woulda won the $250k. I realize there are certain safegaurds (like the top 2% rule) that are in place to try and prevent that from happening, but if it happened, I think the consolation team should get the trophy. Better team. Put up the most points in the 3 week span.

And maybe ... a back rub from whoever wins the $250k.
LOL. Well like u said, that cant happen. If your team was that great to begin with, you would have earned the automatic bid (2% rule as u stated), so while your team might be very good, it still wasnt in the top 100+ teams in the grand scheme of things. And of course a consolation team can outscore a championship team. U have teams in the 'Toilet Bowl' who's averaged 200+ over the last 2 weeks.

FYI ... my consolation team:

QB: Manning, Rivers

RB: Moreno, Andre Brown, Zac Stacy, Benny Cunnighanm, Trent Richardson

WR: AJ Green, V-Jax, Decker, Robert Woods, Nate Washington, Santonio Holmes

TE: Ladarius "Dawning" Green, Tim Wright, Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels

D: Denver, Tampa Bay

And no, I am not a Denver fan. I just saw a lot of value there in the draft. I'm actually a Giants fan, so I am familiar with Fox. He's a pretty smart guy.

I really don't want to sound like I am complaining, but I suggest an amendment to the rules where the 2 top scoring teams can't play each other in the first round of the league playoffs.

If that rule existed I'd be $1500 richer and going to the championship, so I understand if it seems whiney ... but it still would be a good rule.

Also, if I outscore the Championship round guy that wins 250k .... yeah ... I want the trophy. I am deserving of the trophy .... just by a fluke week where I only put up 145 ... banished to the consolation round ... to be forgotten in the realms of the "so close" files.

Same scoring system. Right? If I managed my team to play perfectly down the stretch and just crush it ... I want the trophy.

It still wouldn't really console me that I didn't win the $250k though.

FYI ... my consolation team:

QB: Manning, Rivers

RB: Moreno, Andre Brown, Zac Stacy, Benny Cunnighanm, Trent Richardson

WR: AJ Green, V-Jax, Decker, Robert Woods, Nate Washington, Santonio Holmes

TE: Ladarius "Dawning" Green, Tim Wright, Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels

D: Denver, Tampa Bay

And no, I am not a Denver fan. I just saw a lot of value there in the draft. I'm actually a Giants fan, so I am familiar with Fox. He's a pretty smart guy.
Well this lineup scored nearly 100 pts less then the #1 team in the championship rd this week 1 lol. That should make u feel better. And im confused by the Fox reference. He's a defensive guy and was the DC of the Gmen lol.

Users who are viewing this thread