What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Leagues - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

ShadowMaster

Footballguy
As we pass from Twilight into the Shadow I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the Survivor series and how it has grown here on the FBG Mock Draft forum over the years. Unfortunately; like the Christian raid on the pagan library of Alexandria, much of the history was lost when ffplace ceased to be and vanished from the internet.

Determined, I have dug through the dust of the archives. I’ve reviewed all available records. While FBG historical posts end in 2006, I was able to tabulate the following…..

From 2002-2011, there have been 120 Survivor drafts and corresponding leagues. At last tally in 2009, there were over 260 unique participants (or at least 260+ aliases). The current championship hall of fame standings are as follows:

5 Wins – Rudy, BikeSeatSniffer

4 Wins – Fiddles, Jeter23

3 Wins – BassNBrew, Capt Hook, Dpeease, Duckboy, JeffPasquino, Pictus Cat, Radballs, Twilight, Valence

2 Wins – Air Fryar/FM696969, Atomic Punk, Construx Boy, Fullback Fro, Gamma1210, Joffer, Krsone21, LHUCKS, Preds, Reaper, Shadowfax

Single Winners Pool:

Aaron Rudnicki, Abrecher, AhrnCityPahnder, Andy Dufresne, Ardethan, Beachbum, Blue Kun, Crippler, Dallas428, Domination, El Super Gringo, EvilGrin72, Family Matters, ffweasel, Football Critic, Frank Black, Fubar, Getinthemix, Ghost of Bill Walsh, Glumpy, Go DC Yourself, Gonads, Grouse, Hear the Footsteps, Iwannabeacowboy, JaxFan, Jeff Tefertiller, Jmills, Mike2670, Nathan, NorrisB, Nugget, Old Milwaukee, Oldfatguy, Pimpin Aint Easy, Preds, Radballs, Renesauz, SKA, Steel Dillo, Stinkin Ref, Tag, Wannabee, Wolverine, Yellow Line is Unofficial

So that accounts for 92 117 of the 120 leagues, which leaves 28 3 in a mystery status. If I have your win tally wrong, or if your name is missing – send over a PM and I’ll get you onto the historical archive. One name you don’t see there is Shadowmaster. Hoping to change that AGAIN this year, but enough about the past….. Let’s move on to 2012.

On tap for 2012 are 11 leagues in the survivor series.

As most are aware, we have all these leagues tracked over at MyFantasyLeagues. Thanks to everyone over there who helped make that all possible and thanks to all the volunteers who loaded all the draft data for all eleven, very deep, sixteen team drafts. Current scores are easy to read, but the remaining players display can be deceptive. Keep all this in mind when viewing the these early results. As this is the first week with the new system, please verify your scores for accuracy.

We’ll start with the US Open of survivor leagues – the Winter Survivor League (WSL). Drafted while the Lambeau tundra is still newly frozen and requiring the prognostic foresight of a soothsayer, this is really anyone’s league to win.

WSL1 is bogged down with errors. Please hold….

WSL2 has Jeter23 currently on top with Uruk-Hai fighting for survival

WSL3 shows Restless Native leading and RedZone in last

Next up is the PreDraft Survivor League (PDSL). Participants are drafted into their slots by the league captains. Drafted in March while most sports lovers are into the NCAA basketball tourney; these draft addicts are thinking nothing but fantasy pigskin.

PDSL Krsone21 has JeffPasquino ready to claim immunity and ironically Krsone21 could be first out

PDSL StinkinRef shows Shadowfax as high score and Crippler struggling to keep up

This brings us to the Spring Survivor League (SSL). Participants are seeded based on their previous year’s finish. Newbies all start in SSL4, with SSL1 representing the best from the past year. Because of this, winning the SSL1 title is considered by many as the pinnacle achievement in the Survivor league series.

SSL1 shows staffer Jason Wood leading with Snellman playing catchup

SSL2 has Team Legacy in front and Go Blue in last

SSL3 has Survivor commish BassNBrew leading and Crippler again in a dog fight to stay

SSL4 is being led by Phenix and has solorca currently in last

Closing us out is the grand-daddy of them all – the Message Board Survivor Leagues (MBSL). Drafted late in training camp right before the season starts, participants have a lot more data to work with. However; still with all the challenges that a no roster move, best ball format presents.

MBSL1 front runner is my fellow south beach bum Ministry of Pain with Sinrman on the ropes

MBSL2 has JeffP leading this league too while it looks like doom for fellow staffer Sigmund Bloom

Some notable performances of week 1 -

Dirty Mark Sanchez keeps his job for at least another week with 31.30 against the Bills

Buffalo backup RB CJ Spiller currently leads all RB scoring with 27.40 against the Jets

Dallas slot WR3 Kevin Ogletree currently leads all WR scoring with 31.40 againt the Giants

The JetsD had a great week with 20.0

Back Tuesday morning with the Final results update.

Hope everyone enjoyed the kickoff weekend and have a great Monday.

=============================================================================================================

FINAL RESULTS

WSL1 Immunity: Duckboy Out: Helltoupee

WSL2 Immunity: Jeter23 Out: Renesauz

WSL3 Immunity: ShadowMaster (WOOT!) Out: RedZone

PDSL Immunity: JeffPasquino Out: Krsone21

PDSL Immunity: Nugget Out: Crippler

SSL1 Immunity: FullbackFro Out: Duckboy

SSL2 Immunity: Team Legacy Out: Aaron Rudnicki

SSL3 Immunity: BassNBrew Out: Old Milwaukee

SSL4 Immunity: Phenix Out: solorca

MBSL1 Immunity: Nugget (AGAIN!) Out: Old Milwaukee (AGAIN!)

MBSL2 Immunity: JeffPasquino (AGAIN!) Out: Sigmund Bloom

Highest score for the week to Duckboy with 190 (WSL1)

Double Immunities for both Nugget and JeffP

Painful Double Boot for Old Milwaukee

The MFL system is set to eliminate the lowest score each week; however, I am not sure if it handles the immunity. We'll all find out soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Shadow.

For the historical archieve on the futility side, Lhucks had the earliest exit average of anyone with 10+ starts.

:thumbup:

Andy Dalton better do better than Ryan Tannehill (10.85) and Ray Rice better do better than Isaac Redman (4.75 or so), or I'm going to be :wall: in MBSL1.

Thanks Shadow. Also thanks to ramrod and bass and whoever else ran these drafts and help loaded these this year.

And a final toast to Twilight, :banned: for all the years you put into this. Weird not seeing him in charge.

Also, this. I know I had a win somewhere over the years.

AhrnCityPahnder's booting also gives him an interesting stat. With this booting, his first in week 1, he has now been booted once in every week of the season in the 20 leagues he's drafted in, and the only person this is true for.

Thanks Shadow.

WIll take a miracle for me to survive more than a single week in WSL2. INjuries and retirements have left that team decimated...ZERO depth. Took a 0 at WR I think.

My other squads all look good though! :)

Updated with the week 1 Final Results.

I'll dig through the Wayback Machine (great find by AB in DC)later today and see if I can reconstuct our missing data.

MFL doesn't handled immunity. We'll have to come up with a work around.

Regarding league one, is anyone else seeing rosters loaded? Is this a support issue or a problem on our end?

MFL doesn't handled immunity. We'll have to come up with a work around.Regarding league one, is anyone else seeing rosters loaded? Is this a support issue or a problem on our end?
Well there we have it - only 3 people have rosters. I can try and fix it, but not until this afternoon

Loaded all of the rosters for WSL1, but the results will still only run for rosters that existed on week 1.

Following up with support on how to resolve this.

I can't guess on Immunity, but I'm pretty sure the Boot will be norseman. Too many unemployeed players on his roster.

Updated with WSL1 results

Immunity: Duckboy

Out: Helltoupee

Also, updated the historical tally with all the data I pulled out of the Wayback Machine

MFL doesn't handled immunity. We'll have to come up with a work around.Regarding league one, is anyone else seeing rosters loaded? Is this a support issue or a problem on our end?
Basically whoever has commish power will have to manually override if Immunity winner gets lowman the next weekGreat job everyone!

Basically whoever has commish power will have to manually override if Immunity winner gets lowman the next weekGreat job everyone!
Immunity means I can't be eliminated in SSL4 no matter how bad my team does this coming week, right?

Immunity means I can't be eliminated in SSL4 no matter how bad my team does this coming week, right?
Correct - your safe next week even if you have the lowest score

'ShadowMaster said:
Updated with WSL1 resultsImmunity: DuckboyOut: HelltoupeeAlso, updated the historical tally with all the data I pulled out of the Wayback Machine
Thanks to you and the many others who helped get this on track.

10 year and 60+ teams and I've never had a week one exit. :banned:

On the other hand, week two is my worst historical week. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread