What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Gears of War 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Different Gears 1 maps coming back to Gears 3. New lancer type. New double barrel shotgun that does more damage, but less range and longer reload. FOUR player co-op in campaign. Author of the gears books(who knew there was books?) was put in charge of writing Gear's 3 story.

Different Gears 1 maps coming back to Gears 3. New lancer type. New double barrel shotgun that does more damage, but less range and longer reload. FOUR player co-op in campaign. Author of the gears books(who knew there was books?) was put in charge of writing Gear's 3 story.
Who knew there was even a story?? But yeah, I assumed the host advantage was resolved when Gears 2 came out and bought it the first day. I won't make that same mistake.. no way I'm giving Epic any more money if they can't fix the one major flaw with this game.

Who knew there was even a story?? But yeah, I assumed the host advantage was resolved when Gears 2 came out and bought it the first day. I won't make that same mistake.. no way I'm giving Epic any more money if they can't fix the one major flaw with this game.
You'll be there day 1 just like the rest of us.

You'll be there day 1 just like the rest of us.
Yeah you're probably right. :goodposting: Gonna go ahead and set the O/U on this thread at 100 pages.

Coming from one of the few remaining gears 2 players. :lmao:

Coming from one of the few remaining gears 2 players. :lmao:
:lmao: We need your host BTW. (UNI)

Two pieces of news on the GoW3 front.

1. It has been delayed to Fall 2011.

2. New GoW3 Info

Tdoss:

1. Dedicated servers.

2. Multiplayer beta in Spring 2011.

3. Host migration. Even on servers all games have to base the action off of someone.

4. Social matches stay. More casual games.

5. Guardian & submission combined to make capture the leader.

6. Annex & KotH combined into a new game type.

7. Warzone & execution stay untouched.

8. Team deathmath mode. Twenty lives per side in respawn fashion while you spawn near teammates if they are near each other.

9. Pendulum Lancer, think charging with a bayonet. Lancer and hammerburst still are options.

10. Sawed-off shotgun, slow but deadly in very close quarters. Gnasher shotgun is still an option.

11. Oneshot sniper rifle. Destructive but slow.

12. Incendiary grenade.

13. Character and weapon visual customization.

GoW3 Beta access will be given with a purchase of the Epic's edition of Bulletstorm, for its regular price of $60.

What/when is Bulletstorm? Any other way to get the beta?
Bulletstorm is Epic's new IP game coming out late February. Its a FPS but has the new engine that Gears 3 also has that they built. So far no other way. Its sort f like how you had to get Halo ODST to play the Halo Reach beta. So far from what I can tell, only amazon has the "Epic" edition for pre-order, but that will change the closer to the release date. What I want to know is how long the beta will be held for on top of your question, will there be a public portion. I could see something like a month with the Bulletstorm access and then the final week for everyone perhaps.

So, this Gears beta - will it be up on Tuesday? Or will it be up later on and us Bulletstorm pre-orderers will get first crack at it?

So, this Gears beta - will it be up on Tuesday? Or will it be up later on and us Bulletstorm pre-orderers will get first crack at it?
Beta will not be active until a unspecified date. My guess is April/May since they said they want Bulletstorm to have some time before they launch the GoW3 stuff. They have been very tight lipped with info involving the beta to try and sell the most Bulletstorm copies possible, which is great marketing, but sucks really. As soon as the GoW3 beta is shut down, expect a massive amount of used games being pawned off.

Good to see some familiar faces in here. I've not played with Sayhota or Phoenix for YEARS.

Any of you guys know if Gears 3 will have a theater mode? I'm getting it either way, but this feature would be amazing.

Thought about ordering bulletstorm to get a shot at the Beta.

But then i realized that I'll hate teh Gearz by month # 3 or 4 anyways because I'll be tired of getting my ### kicked all over the place.

So I'll just wait for release day.

Thought about ordering bulletstorm to get a shot at the Beta.But then i realized that I'll hate teh Gearz by month # 3 or 4 anyways because I'll be tired of getting my ### kicked all over the place.So I'll just wait for release day.
If you just stick with it for like 2 years, you'll get pretty good.

Thought about ordering bulletstorm to get a shot at the Beta.But then i realized that I'll hate teh Gearz by month # 3 or 4 anyways because I'll be tired of getting my ### kicked all over the place.So I'll just wait for release day.
It takes time and a lot of deaths to get good on the sticks. We've all been there.

It takes time and a lot of deaths to get good on the sticks. We've all been there.
I just stink at console shooters. This is an absolute fact and I'm totally ok with it.I'm 27 and getting older, so i certainly don't see my stick skills improving any time soon. Its ok though. I'm in it more for the FBG schtick anyways.

Thought about ordering bulletstorm to get a shot at the Beta.

But then i realized that I'll hate teh Gearz by month # 3 or 4 anyways because I'll be tired of getting my ### kicked all over the place.

So I'll just wait for release day.
I just stink at console shooters. This is an absolute fact and I'm totally ok with it.I'm 27 and getting older, so i certainly don't see my stick skills improving any time soon.

Its ok though. I'm in it more for the FBG schtick anyways.
I'm a little younger than you but still mid twenties. I was horrid at Gears 2 compared to every FBG out there for a long time. I believe I had around a 0.3 K/D after about 75 hours played. I remember games where FBG teams would go 25-7 in a five round execution game. I would be 0-5 for 18 points. It just takes time to get the feel of the game. Hell, it took a yellingwords of wisdom from Dude to force me to whip out my shotgun instead of my perma-hammerburst.You'll find yourself hitting a learning curve initially that allows you to be able to move around the map in a effective non noob manner. This is the first big step in gaining confidence.

The second learning curve will come when you find yourself being able to win more up close and personal battles. You start believing that you can kill any guy, and you will start clutching some 1v2 or 1v3s. At this time you find yourself blind firing the shotgun much more and it becomes a vital aspect of your close quarters combat.

The third learning curve comes along when your movement skills evolve again to featuring directional orientated wall bounces and offensives and defensive strafing and or wall bouncing. This is where many newer people call shenanigans when facing someone that can pull these off. They are superb tactics, but vs a new person it can make them frustrated.

I have a friend that loves gears, but plays mostly horde. He says when he watches me play the game it looks like a completely different title. He would be in the 1st tier that I mentioned and I am working on the 3rd tier. He couldn't quite explain why it was so different. All he could articulate was that he played like a robot and I was doing a dance of death. :mellow:

I :lmao: Gears.

It just takes time. I used to be decent at PC shooters(Delta Force 1-3), but haven't played them in 8 years. If I went back, I would be terrible until I played them enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we go ahead and ban Bruce from playing with us in Gears 3? Everyone here is cool except for him. Didn't he steal the winnings of a football league that he was commish of?

I had a feeling anyone else who had a shooter scheduled this fall would do whatever they could to beat COD to the market.

I imagine that battlefield 3 will do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread