What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bourne Legacy (1 Viewer)

jdoggydogg

Footballguy
First official teaser trailer for The Bourne Legacy — the first Bourne film in the franchise without Matt Damon. Starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Joan Allen, Stacy Keach, and Albert Finney, the film hits theaters August 3rd.

I'm down with this. For some reason, I got the impression that they were doing a Bourne reboot with a different cast and plot line. Clearly they are keeping the cast and universe the same, and that should make for another solid movie.

sign me up, i'll watch.. unless rotten tomatoes kills it.. then its a redbox movie

sign me up, i'll watch.. unless rotten tomatoes kills it.. then its a redbox movie
cuz the chances of it being good if rotten tomatoes kills it is statistically low?
if a movie gets only a 40 or 50% rating on rotten tomatoes i'm not watching it because it most likely sux.if it gets 55-70 i'll redbox it, if it gets 80+ i'll goto the theater.

I like Matt Damon. So I understand the disappointment by some.

But Renner is no slouch as an actor. I have a prediction that some of people voicing disapproval here will end up seeing it and liking it.

I like Matt Damon. So I understand the disappointment by some. But Renner is no slouch as an actor. I have a prediction that some of people voicing disapproval here will end up seeing it and liking it.
:goodposting: You guys never seen a Bond film after You Only Live Twice or what?

Little help please. Is this a reboot, prequel, or sequel?

Oh, and regardless of the answer- IN.
Sequel with new Treadstone guy, NOT Bourne. Apparently the goings-on in the first three movies triggered this new storyline. Lines from the trailer:"Jason Bourne was just the tip of the iceberg."

There Was Never Just One

Little help please. Is this a reboot, prequel, or sequel?

Oh, and regardless of the answer- IN.
Sequel with new Treadstone guy, NOT Bourne. Apparently the goings-on in the first three movies triggered this new storyline. Lines from the trailer:"Jason Bourne was just the tip of the iceberg."

There Was Never Just One
Ah thanks. I thought they were referring to Renner being Bourne and talking about another agent who had gone rogue that he was going to have to go after. And we know there were other Treadstone agents from the previous Bourne movies.Have to say, looks pretty good.

Also, one other note:

The writer / director of this new film is Tony Gilroy. He's responsible for the screenplays of all three Bourne films, and he wrote and directed Michael Clayton. I know some here didn't like Michael Clayton, but I liked it a lot and that bodes well for this new film.

I like Matt Damon. So I understand the disappointment by some. But Renner is no slouch as an actor. I have a prediction that some of people voicing disapproval here will end up seeing it and liking it.
:goodposting: You guys never seen a Bond film after You Only Live Twice or what?
:goodposting: Matt Damon wasn't why the movies succeeded... he didn't even have to talk or do that much really... the script and action was good. I'm fairly certain I can think of at least 8-10 guys that could've done the same level of acting and it would've been just as good.Re-watch the Bournes... there is a lot less dialogue than you think especially with Jason Bourne.Bond succeeding without Connery, or even Roger Moore was a bigger stretch because the Bond character talks a lot and is central to almost every scene.

If this follows the book at all, then it is another Bourne movie, but it also has his son in it (hence the title).

It was the first Bourne Novel that was actually not written by the original author, as he had died prior to it being written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bourne_Legacy

EDIT: Just read the Wiki page...apparently they are not following the novel at all, so I don't know why they would even call it the same name. :confused:

If this follows the book at all, then it is another Bourne movie, but it also has his son in it (hence the title).It was the first Bourne Novel that was actually not written by the original author, as he had died prior to it being written.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bourne_LegacyEDIT: Just read the Wiki page...apparently they are not following the novel at all, so I don't know why they would even call it the same name. :confused:
Cuz the Bourne trilogy made over $1b. Its all in the name recognition.

If this follows the book at all, then it is another Bourne movie, but it also has his son in it (hence the title).It was the first Bourne Novel that was actually not written by the original author, as he had died prior to it being written.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bourne_LegacyEDIT: Just read the Wiki page...apparently they are not following the novel at all, so I don't know why they would even call it the same name. :confused:
I am aware, but why specifically that name? Why not make something else up, like the Bourne Successor or something like that (just off the top of my head, I am sure there are better titles, but you get my point).If they are not going to use the actual book, then why not save the name in case someday they DO? Or are they now just hopping off the Bourne wagon forever, and not following any more of the books (they all have Jason Bourne in them, I believe...)

I am aware, but why specifically that name? Why not make something else up, like the Bourne Successor or something like that (just off the top of my head, I am sure there are better titles, but you get my point).If they are not going to use the actual book, then why not save the name in case someday they DO? Or are they now just hopping off the Bourne wagon forever, and not following any more of the books (they all have Jason Bourne in them, I believe...)
The earlier Bourne movies didn't follow the books either. Guy has amnesia.......end of.similarities.

Or, wait for it....Bourne Again?

legacy and successor aren't too disimilar

If the film is good it could be a breakthrough for Renner going to the A-List.

Felt his acting presence was bigger than his roles in MI:4 and Avengers.

He was also great in The Town (I think that's the title). I originally was pissed Damon wasn't doing this...but having gone back and watched the movies, Damon wasn't anything special. The choreography, music, and story/etc. were the good parts. Damon was passable. Renner is a MUCH more believable Bourne-esque action-hero/super-killer agent imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread