What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Tyson Smacks Down Punk Interviewer (1 Viewer)

Rat POS Interviewer: "OK, thanks for coming in Mike"
Iron Mike: #### You!

:lmao:

You could tell at a couple times Mike wanting to jump on that guy and beat the #### out of him :topcat: , and would have in the past, but he has definitely mellowed just a bit over the years. Just a bit

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well certainly the interviewer should have skipped that. This was a fluff interview to promo his show not hard news. I don't blame Mike for getting pissed. And yeah back in the day I think Mike probably would have messed him up.

Well certainly the interviewer should have skipped that. This was a fluff interview to promo his show not hard news. I don't blame Mike for getting pissed. And yeah back in the day I think Mike probably would have messed him up.
God bless modern medicine

:lmao: at the interviewer trying to appeal to common decency in regards to cursing on tv.

Interviewer: "We're doing live tv here."

Mike: "I don't care. What are you going to do about it?"

Did the interviewer think Mike would say, "Oh, my apologies, fine sir. I momentarily forgot we were on tv and that there are laws regarding words you can't say in such situations. I apologize to all of the children who just heard me use foul language."

Rat POS interviewer knew enough not to push any harder lest Mike Tyson come back with I'm going to #### you until you love me line.

This. Got to hand it to Mike for growing up some and being able to laugh at his own foibles. Although in this instance he was right for calling this guy out for crossing the line...

This. Got to hand it to Mike for growing up some and being able to laugh at his own foibles. Although in this instance he was right for calling this guy out for crossing the line...
Yeah Mike has come a long way from where he was. All credit for making the transition.

Heard this on local radio, they made it sound like Mike was out of line. I thought he handled it perfectly.

I've never liked Mike Tyson....

until now! The interviewer was completely out-of-line and I thought Tyson handled it perfectly.

Mike Tyson is one if the more interesting professional athletes out there. Read his autobiography and if even half the stuff in there is accurate it is amazing he's alive.

He always gives good interviews, he's half crazy, always honest, seems pretty intelligent just not educated.

Mike Tyson is one if the more interesting professional athletes out there. Read his autobiography and if even half the stuff in there is accurate it is amazing he's alive.

He always gives good interviews, he's half crazy, always honest, seems pretty intelligent just not educated.
Agree with all of this.

I put Tyson in the Ricky Henderson category. Unintentional comedy factor is off the charts. Glad to see him working it out.

God Tyson is an entertaining human. No clue why the interviewer went where he did. Just dumb on his part.

I loved the question. It took courage to ask. Tyson is a convicted rapist. I don't understand why we seem to forget this and how, in this day and age, a convicted rapist is able to pull off what Tyson has. I would never spend a dime on anything connected to him.

I loved the question. It took courage to ask. Tyson is a convicted rapist. I don't understand why we seem to forget this and how, in this day and age, a convicted rapist is able to pull off what Tyson has. I would never spend a dime on anything connected to him.
America is big on second chances. And on the rape thing it should be remembered the victim had allegedly made false accusations before and witnesses that supported MIke's take weren't allowed to testify in his trial. They wanted to put the scary black man away and they did. He still maintains his innocence. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. All I know is he has been awful candid about his shortcomings and the things he did. Even admitting to gang ties and robberies when he was a kid. This is the one he sticks to his claim of innocence.

I was wondering why you were on Ignore.

America is big on second chances. And on the rape thing it should be remembered the victim had allegedly made false accusations before and witnesses that supported MIke's take weren't allowed to testify in his trial. They wanted to put the scary black man away and they did. He still maintains his innocence. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. All I know is he has been awful candid about his shortcomings and the things he did. Even admitting to gang ties and robberies when he was a kid. This is the one he sticks to his claim of innocence.
I'm all for second chances as well, but aren't there some things that negate a person being celebrated the way Tyson has been recently? Isn't rape one of those things? I understand Tyson hasn't admitted to the rape but he was found guilty. He also had multiple issues prior to his conviction regarding sexual assaults and we've all seen the infamous Barbara Walters interview where Robin Givens talks about Tyson being physically abusive towards her. I don't think he deserves to be locked up for life, I just don't understand the public adulation he has been receiving the last few years.

Reporter #1: Champ, do you feel remorse for your crime?

Drederick Tatum: Oh, yes. Believe me, my god, if I could turn back the clock on my mother's stair-pushing, I would certainly, reconsider it.

Reporter #2: Drederick, ah, what do you think of Homer Simpson?

Drederick Tatum: I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.

Reporter #3: Uh, you know, they do have a mother, Champ?

Drederick Tatum: Yes, but I would imagine that she would die of grief.

plus he served his time. wtf else should he do... crawl in a hole so we can't be offended by a criminal?

I'm all for second chances as well, but aren't there some things that negate a person being celebrated the way Tyson has been recently? Isn't rape one of those things? I understand Tyson hasn't admitted to the rape but he was found guilty. He also had multiple issues prior to his conviction regarding sexual assaults and we've all seen the infamous Barbara Walters interview where Robin Givens talks about Tyson being physically abusive towards her. I don't think he deserves to be locked up for life, I just don't understand the public adulation he has been receiving the last few years.
I think a lot of people felt he got a raw deal on the rape charge and he did serve his time. But of course there are crimes people probably won't forgive. Messing with kids has to be one. And speaking of kids Mike got a little sympathy over the 4 year old daughter he lost. I think people want to see Mike do well. He seems like a guy who had a lot stacked against him. Growing up the way he did, people he trusted screwed him, etc. With all that said it wouldn't take much to swing opinion. I hope he keeps moving forward with no further relapses.

So the guy who has admitted beating people, robbing people, and actually has so little self control and rage that he bit another human beings ear off in a sanctioned, professional boxing match SAYS he didn't do it. However, because he admitted to a bunch of far lessor crimes that he can no longer be convicted for that means he must really be honest? People seem to think because he is so adamant and convincing in his interviews (where he called Desiree Washington a slimy b####) that he didn't do it that he must be innocent. Just like most woman beaters are. Always convinced it was somehow "that b###'s fault", never fully taking any responsibility, always in denial to the point that they convince themselves they're innocent of any wrong doing. His wife said he beat her and sexually assaulted her. He was found guilty in a court of law of rape, based on the physical evidence which was supposedly pretty brutal. But because Mike is so quirky, and funny, and honest about other embarrassing things in his life, he must be telling the truth about this. Even though every time something happens to him he doesn't like he is on the precipice of rage and can barely contain himself, unless of course he lets go and bites something off your body or degrades you (which he usually saves for women).

Mike is funny, he can even be oddly entertaining is an almost pitiful way. It's almost close to laughing at someone with a handicap because they walk funny. None of this makes him a good guy. He paid his price to society, he did his time. But that doesn't mean we have to accept him back into the embrace of celebrity adoration with open arms.

But according to Mike, in his interviews, i think this way because I'm a racist. I want the big black man to go to jail. Not really. I just have no patience for men who beat and hurt women. Oh, or guys who like to chew off other people's body parts.

It is pretty funny that people on this forum are killing Ray Rice / ADP in one thread, and saying "GO TYSON!" in another.

So the guy who has admitted beating people, robbing people, and actually has so little self control and rage that he bit another human beings ear off in a sanctioned, professional boxing match SAYS he didn't do it. However, because he admitted to a bunch of far lessor crimes that he can no longer be convicted for that means he must really be honest? People seem to think because he is so adamant and convincing in his interviews (where he called Desiree Washington a slimy b####) that he didn't do it that he must be innocent. Just like most woman beaters are. Always convinced it was somehow "that b###'s fault", never fully taking any responsibility, always in denial to the point that they convince themselves they're innocent of any wrong doing. His wife said he beat her and sexually assaulted her. He was found guilty in a court of law of rape, based on the physical evidence which was supposedly pretty brutal. But because Mike is so quirky, and funny, and honest about other embarrassing things in his life, he must be telling the truth about this. Even though every time something happens to him he doesn't like he is on the precipice of rage and can barely contain himself, unless of course he lets go and bites something off your body or degrades you (which he usually saves for women).

Mike is funny, he can even be oddly entertaining is an almost pitiful way. It's almost close to laughing at someone with a handicap because they walk funny. None of this makes him a good guy. He paid his price to society, he did his time. But that doesn't mean we have to accept him back into the embrace of celebrity adoration with open arms.

But according to Mike, in his interviews, i think this way because I'm a racist. I want the big black man to go to jail. Not really. I just have no patience for men who beat and hurt women. Oh, or guys who like to chew off other people's body parts.
Well said. It seems Tyson get a pass because he's funny and charming in an odd way.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Was what I said. I don't know. I wasn't completely convinced when Mike was at his baddest he was guilty. I do know he seemed a little railroaded to me. I do know he has admitted to pretty much everything he ever did. But he does cling to his innocence here. Again he may be lying of course. And he can't be punished for this again no matter what he says so not sure what your point about no being convicted for other admissions has to do with anything. And of course very few people are for rape or assault of anyone. Including me. Doesn't mean every man convicted was guilty, as is proven nearly daily in this country, or that every woman told the truth. That's just reality.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Was what I said. I don't know. I wasn't completely convinced when Mike was at his baddest he was guilty. I do know he seemed a little railroaded to me. I do know he has admitted to pretty much everything he ever did. But he does cling to his innocence here. Again he may be lying of course. And he can't be punished for this again no matter what he says so not sure what your point about no being convicted for other admissions has to do with anything. And of course very few people are for rape or assault of anyone. Including me. Doesn't mean every man convicted was guilty, as is proven nearly daily in this country, or that every woman told the truth. That's just reality.
What about all the other stuff? Like physically and sexually assaulting Robin Givens? There's nothing that gives you pause about celebrating this man?

What about all the other stuff? Like physically and sexually assaulting Robin Givens? There's nothing that gives you pause about celebrating this man?
I think one can "celebrate" Tyson's constant uniqueness while not condoning any of his behavior.

For example, in this case, the interviewer basically takes an unnecessary shot at him that I'm sure he didn't forewarn Tyson about. Tyson reacted in a very "Tyson" way - a way that happens to be entertaining and honest. So, it's amusing.

I think one can "celebrate" Tyson's constant uniqueness while not condoning any of his behavior.
OK, fair enough, but is there any limit to the application of this separation? What if Sandusky is a really swell guy other than the child rape thing? Should we celebrate his uniqueness?

i have forgotten this story. I thought (but am likely wrong seeing as I don't remember it too well) that the abuse Givens claimed was similar to how she lied about the miscarriage which supposedly also never happened. From what I remember Givens and her piece of work mother really worked Tyson like a punching bag.

At one point I think she was voted the most hated woman in America because of her stream of lies.

I think Tyson went to prison for for raping another woman, not Givens.

This has nothing to do with whether Tyson raped somebody or not. It's an incredibly unprofessional question on a live TV show. Glad Tyson called him out.

I don't go out of my way to watch shows he is on. I wouldn't go to his one man show. I am indifferent to him in general. I am not celebrating him. I have said the interview was a fluff interview that should have been kept that and Mike had every right to be pissed off that it wasn't. So I agree with him that this guy was being a doosh. I have also said Mike has done his time so he has every right to go forward with his life and make money. I don't think I said he should be celebrated.

Ned said:
sublimeone said:
Rick James said:
It is pretty funny that people on this forum are killing Ray Rice / ADP in one thread, and saying "GO TYSON!" in another.
Exactly
Waiting to see the mapping of users killing Rice/ADP and cheering Tyson.
NCCommish in the Adrian Peterson thread:

I love the new he has apologized lets move on thing. Really apologies are now the legal currency of the day?" I beat my kid bloody and bruised is that frowned on here? Well if I would have known that would be a problem I certainly wouldn't have hit him with a stick 15-16 times including across his scrotum apparently. I just didn't know, my bad. Time to get on to the game." Yeah that seems like enough punishment let's move on.

Ned said:
sublimeone said:
Rick James said:
Exactly
Waiting to see the mapping of users killing Rice/ADP and cheering Tyson.
NCCommish in the Adrian Peterson thread:

I love the new he has apologized lets move on thing. Really apologies are now the legal currency of the day?" I beat my kid bloody and bruised is that frowned on here? Well if I would have known that would be a problem I certainly wouldn't have hit him with a stick 15-16 times including across his scrotum apparently. I just didn't know, my bad. Time to get on to the game." Yeah that seems like enough punishment let's move on.
Tyson did six years that's a lot more than apologizing. There is no doubt what Peterson did. We have the pictures. We have his confessional tweets. We haven't even seen the wounds he caused on the scrotum of the 4 year old but the doctor did. We haven't seen the bruising but the doctor did. That's why he called the cops. When he does time then that will be more than an apology won't it? He should at least be punished before he is forgiven.

17seconds said:
This has nothing to do with whether Tyson raped somebody or not. It's an incredibly unprofessional question on a live TV show. Glad Tyson called him out.
Whole lot of unnecessary highhorses came galloping in all of a sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread