What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plain colored t-shirts (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider

Footballguy
Need some new t-shirts. Where's a good place to buy nice quality plain colored t-shirts? Got some from banana republic and they were cut weird (for me). When I picked up my arms, the whole shirt lifted up. Got some Polo shirts that were nice for a while, but after several washes got stretched out (neck got all big). Just looking for something nice quality that fit right.

:popcorn:

If you want to get nice on a budget, get some solid colored shirts from the Polo, Brooks Brothers or J. Crew outlets. I have a few solid t-shirts from each, they don't cost a fortune if you catch a sale and they look great and hold up.

If you want to get nice on a budget, get some solid colored shirts from the Polo, Brooks Brothers or J. Crew outlets. I have a few solid t-shirts from each, they don't cost a fortune if you catch a sale and they look great and hold up.
Are there any good quality non-name brand shirts like those? I would like to stop wearing name brand clothes if I could find any that were quality (not Walmart/Old Navy).

I would go with 100% cotton Jerzees. They are the only t-shirts I've ever owned where the neckline doesn't bunch up and sag after use.

Target, Mossimo brand, v necks (if you're not packing a chest rug). $10

My summer tshirt staple. :style:

mquinnjr said:
I have a couple cotton Jcrew t-shirts that I picked up several years ago that are still in nice shape and in my current rotation.

Dickies! Almost every t shirt from a major company is to short for me. These shirts are available in long lengths and last forever. About $12 at the local Fleet Farm store!

mquinnjr said:
I have a couple cotton Jcrew t-shirts that I picked up several years ago that are still in nice shape and in my current rotation.
I would recommend to wait until J. Crew has their sales and then buy their t-shirts. I would also encourage those with the appropriate body type to buy the slim fit option they have. I have bought quite a few of these and rarely have a problem with the neck (for the most part).

Good stuff, and they last a while. Polo's necks indeed stretch, which I why I hesitate to buy them. Also, never buy a t-shirt that's on a hanger in a department store. You're asking for a droopy neck almost right off of the bat.

Places like AC Moore Arts & Crafts and Michael's Arts & Crafts have brand name t-shirts in a variety of colors and sizes for dirt cheap.

Been wearing these v-necks from Volcom that are softer than a baby's bottom.

####, looks like they have a lot of different ones there on Amazon. I'm not going to figure out which ones I have exactly but they are great. glllll

ETA I think it's these, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear good ol' Russell T's, from Sears. About $7 most of the time, and they last. Plus, every time I shop at Sears these days, I feel like I'm saving somebody's job.

If you have bucks to throw around, American Giant is supposed to be great stuff, and made in America. If anybody has worn this stuff, I'd be interested in hearing what you think. But it looks like their stuff is cut slim, which leaves me out in the cold.

Thanks for all the input. I ordered (3) different t-shirts based on the following criteria.

- No v-necks

- Under $25

- Cant be bought at F&F or Michaels

Ended up going with these...

- Next Level Tri Blend - $8.28

- J-Crew Broken in Pocket T - $23.37

- Gap lived in Pocket T - $19.97

Will report back.

E-Z Glider said:
Thanks for all the input. I ordered (3) different t-shirts based on the following criteria.

- No v-necks

- Under $25

Will report back.
I think your bang-for-the-buck here is going to surprise the hell out of you. These things are ridiculously soft/comfy.

:thumbup:

E-Z Glider said:

- No v-necks

- Under $25

Will report back.
Why no v-necks? Looks much better if you don't have a bear skin rug on your chest.

My favorites for the money are American Rag (Macy's store brand). Can usually be found on sale for about $10, which is the regular price at Target, but I find them to be of slightly higher quality, and hold their form longer.

My favorites for the money are American Rag (Macy's store brand). Can usually be found on sale for about $10, which is the regular price at Target, but I find them to be of slightly higher quality, and hold their form longer.
I've tried those too and not a fan of their boxy shape. The Target (Mossimo brand) ones have more of an athletic cut taper at the waist and slightly longer.

Btw, the Target Mossimo do have crew neck versions..just not my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread