What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Satanists to Distribute Material to Public Schools (1 Viewer)

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/satanic-temple-plans-hand-out-satanic-childrens-bo/nhNdM/?ecmp=wftv_social_twitter_sfp

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

A religious group called the Satanic Temple is making plans to hand out literature in Orange County Public Schools later this school year.

The move comes after atheist and evangelical Christian groups distributed their materials at county schools. The group wants to give out materials such as "The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities."

"The whole point here is not indoctrination but rather counter-indoctrination," said Lucien Greaves, spokesperson for the Satanic Temple.

Greaves said the New York-based group plans to leave pamphlets and books for students wherever Christian groups leave bibles.

"It's far better philosophically for us and we feel for the students, that they see there is a multiplicity of voices and that there's many voices and choices," said Greaves.

Mathew Staver, who represents the group that distributed bibles in Orange County schools, said he sees the Satanic Temple's effort as an attack.

"This organization literally wants to shut down any opposing viewpoint, particularly one that's Christian in nature. That's inappropriate and I think it's uncalled for," said Staver.

The district said it has not received a formal request from the temple, but that school officials reserve the right to review materials.
:lmao:

Tips For Fixing The Nation’s Education System

Public schools throughout the nation continue to contend with budget shortfalls and insufficient classroom resources, while U.S. test scores remain far behind those of many other developed nations. Here are measures that can be taken to fix America’s troubled education system:

• Discourage teacher turnover by downplaying the importance of having money and respect
  • Limit school shootings to once a year in order to give students more time to focus on schoolwork
  • Allow students from disadvantaged areas to be bussed into stronger schools, such as those in Finland or South Korea
  • Maybe get some underprepared, overconfident recent college graduates in there to figure things out
  • Federal law that prevents Dylan from raising his hand and wasting everybody’s time with the wrong answer
  • Get rid of fungi unit
  • Begin offering tenure to children who have been in the public school system for more than three years
  • Offset the failures of the education system by de-emphasizing the importance of success, self-worth, and intellectual ability in our culture at large
  • Tattoo grades on foreheads to shame low performers
  • Toss Northrop Grumman another $4.5 billion and see what kind of curriculum it pumps out
  • Whatever you do, don’t change anything about a property-tax-based funding system in which rich schools get richer while poor schools get poorer. That’s working just fine.
  • Cut losses and reallocate funding to nation’s prison system
  • http://www.theonion.com/articles/tips-for-fixing-the-nations-education-system,36919/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Pic:2:Default

My roommate in college dated a Satanist chick. She was super hot. It got weird though when she started drawing pentagrams on our floor.

"The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities."
I need a copy of this.
The Satanic Temple took advantage of this decision, deciding to flood Orange County schools with a pamphlet entitled The Satanic Children’s Big Book of Activities that contains kid-friendly Satanic lessons.

“These bullies are mad and afraid of things they don’t understand,” the instructions on the word-jumble reads. “Help Damian use inclusive language to defuse the situation.

Pretty interesting interview. I like this guy. I've always shared his antipathy towards the quacky pseudoscientific therapists he mentions. There was a huge daycare child abuse case a few decades ago where-if I recall correctly-the family members who owned the daycare had their lives ruined based largely on "repressed memories" elicited by these psychobabble types, of course by asking leading questions, etc. Just terrible.

I used to work at a human services agency for emotionally disturbed teenagers. I remember the fears of Satanic Cults and how they were corrupting our youth (I think this was around early 90's). We actually had an inservice where local law enforcement spoke at length about teen involvement in Satanism (if I recall a dead animal was found near an abandoned grain tower where teens were having keg parties-that was the extent of the evidence). They also had some "nationally recognized expert" speak about this "disturbing new trend". It was a joke-we all knew it back then.

I love that they poke at these silly superstitions, just might have to look into it further.

The Satanistic belief is to put the self first. I really don't see a problem here. It actually screams 'Murica.

My roommate in college dated a Satanist chick. She was super hot. It got weird though when she started drawing pentagrams on our floor.
Holy ####. Was I your college roommate? :shock:
it was off campus at UC Irvine. His name was Mark. Is that you?
What years were you at UCI?
85-89
Wow, for two years, I was less than a mile away from the great Timschochet!

Pretty interesting interview. I like this guy. I've always shared his antipathy towards the quacky pseudoscientific therapists he mentions. There was a huge daycare child abuse case a few decades ago where-if I recall correctly-the family members who owned the daycare had their lives ruined based largely on "repressed memories" elicited by these psychobabble types, of course by asking leading questions, etc. Just terrible.

I used to work at a human services agency for emotionally disturbed teenagers. I remember the fears of Satanic Cults and how they were corrupting our youth (I think this was around early 90's). We actually had an inservice where local law enforcement spoke at length about teen involvement in Satanism (if I recall a dead animal was found near an abandoned grain tower where teens were having keg parties-that was the extent of the evidence). They also had some "nationally recognized expert" speak about this "disturbing new trend". It was a joke-we all knew it back then.

I love that they poke at these silly superstitions, just might have to look into it further.
You're probably thinking about the McMartin Preschool mess from the 80's, out of Manhattan Beach, CA.

85-89
It's almost one of those what-if-someone-had-killed-Hitler-when-he-was-a-kid moments.

You're probably thinking about the McMartin Preschool mess from the 80's, out of Manhattan Beach, CA.
The Kern County ones were even worse. Pretty good documentary came out a few years ago about them called "Witch Hunt".

85-89
It's almost one of those what-if-someone-had-killed-Hitler-when-he-was-a-kid moments.
:lmao:

They really should be handing out albums to play backwards, but unfortunately today's kids wouldn't know what to do with them.

If this gets into high schools, biology classes are going to take longer. Satanic ceremonies before dissecting frogs can't be quick.

This whole thread :lmao:

ETA: that goat t-shirt is pretty sweet, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread