What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Q&A (1 Viewer)

Alberta Clipper

Footballguy
Use this thread for FBG FFPC Q&A relating to seeding for league playoffs, Champ Round, Consolation Rd, etc.

I've tried reading all the details and can't seem to figure out how the #3 and #4 seeds for each league are determined.

#1 seed is best W/L record

#2 seed is most pts of remaining teams

#3 seed is ?

#4 seed is ?

I assume in wk 12 it's 1vs4 and 2vs3?

Then the 2 winners play in wk 13.

Top 2 seeds advance to Champ Round in 14-16.

Also the 3 or 4 seed can advance to Champ Round if they win league in wk13.

I esp like that top 20% (500+?) teams go into the Consolation rd regardless of their W/L. As the top scoring team after 2 wks with 0-2 record it gives me something to shoot for.

Let me know if you know the answers to these q's and have any others re: playoffs.

It goes like this:

Weeks 1-11 is the regular season

Weeks 12 and 13 are the league championship (top 2 by record and top 2 by points make it)

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 are the championship round. Top record and top points in each league play in this one. Winners determined by total points in these weeks plus their week 1-11 average point total (i.e., effectively four scores added together)

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 are also the consolation round. League playoff teams not in the championship round play here (i.e., second best record and second highest points) plus anyone finishing in top 20% by point average in weeks 1-11 who wasn't in their league playoffs. Winners determined by total points in these weeks plus their week 1-11 average point total (i.e., effectively four scores added together)

Weeks 12-16 are also the toilet bowl for all other teams. Winners determined by total points in these weeks plus their week 1-11 average point total (i.e., effectively four scores added together)

Details are here http://www.footballguys.com/contest.php

Use this thread for FBG FFPC Q&A relating to seeding for league playoffs, Champ Round, Consolation Rd, etc.I've tried reading all the details and can't seem to figure out how the #3 and #4 seeds for each league are determined.#1 seed is best W/L record#2 seed is most pts of remaining teams#3 seed is ?#4 seed is ?I assume in wk 12 it's 1vs4 and 2vs3?Then the 2 winners play in wk 13.Top 2 seeds advance to Champ Round in 14-16.Also the 3 or 4 seed can advance to Champ Round if they win league in wk13.I esp like that top 20% (500+?) teams go into the Consolation rd regardless of their W/L. As the top scoring team after 2 wks with 0-2 record it gives me something to shoot for.Let me know if you know the answers to these q's and have any others re: playoffs.
It's my understanding that the No. 3 team is the team with the best head-to-head record that is not either Seed No. 1 or Seed No. 2.No. 4 is the team with the most points of the remaining nine teams.

It goes like this:

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 are the championship round. Top record and top points in each league play in this one. Winners determined by total points in these weeks plus their week 1-11

Details are here http://www.footballguys.com/contest.php
Assuming that the top total points and top record win the league championship. If they DO NOT, then the league champion moves on to this round as well. So, it's possible 3 teams from one league move on to the championship round

Users who are viewing this thread