What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice official thread (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
I thought this was a success last year so I'm kicking one off for this year. Remember if you want your posts answered try to answer other posters questions as well.

My team:

12 team H2H, POINTS league with weekly lineups. C- Santana1B- Goldschmidt2B- Walker3B- SandovalSS- CastroIF- EncarnacionOF- JUptonOF- CruzOF- JenningsUT- HeywardSP- Grienke, Kennedy, Luebke, Cueto, Nicasio, MinorRP- Marshall, SaleBench- Boesch, Moustakas, Norris, Bauer, Capuano, Colon
I was offered Teixeira for Cruz & KennedyObviously it would be a HUGE upgrade at 1B and I can slot Boesch in at UT. Thoughts?

'shadyridr said:
My team:

12 team H2H, POINTS league with weekly lineups. C- Santana1B- Goldschmidt2B- Walker3B- SandovalSS- CastroIF- EncarnacionOF- JUptonOF- CruzOF- JenningsUT- HeywardSP- Grienke, Kennedy, Luebke, Cueto, Nicasio, MinorRP- Marshall, SaleBench- Boesch, Moustakas, Norris, Bauer, Capuano, Colon
I was offered Teixeira for Cruz & KennedyObviously it would be a HUGE upgrade at 1B and I can slot Boesch in at UT. Thoughts?
Hmm... I think I might actually do that. Cruz is a great talent but the odds that he is healthy for the whole season are slim. Kennedy won't put up last years numbers but he could be solid for 15-18 wins 3.2 era.1B is so weak after the top 5 or so this year that Tex would be a big upgrade for you. You can probably find someone on the WW in the season or even Boesch to put up numbers a little below Cruz. While your pitching without Kennedy looks a little thin, since it is H2H points, I think you can get away with some streaming. __________________________________________________Facts: It is a 12 team, H2H points league with 4 keepers.My pitching staff is Kershaw, Hernandez, Latos, Ervin Santana, Derek Holland, Mike Minor, Chris SalePapelbon, Hanrahan, Marmol. Start 2 RP, 2P, 3SP.My OF is Braun, Desmond Jennings and a combo of either Markakis or Melky Cabrera.I feel a little weak in the OF and think I am pretty strong at SP. I would like another bat in my offense since I feel like I am too reliant on breakout players with Hosmer/Lawrie/Jennings all starting.Here is my offense for reference:
C- Y. Molinda1B- E. Hosmer2B- R. Cano3B- B. LawrieSS- M. ScutaroOF- R. BranOF- D. JenningsOF- N. MarkakisUTL- Melky CabreraB- B. HarperB- B. BeltB- L. Cain
So would you offer Felix/Papelbon for Holliday/Bumgarner.... Scoring for them all last season were Felix (595), Papelbon (436), Holliday (420* injured, projected 510 this year), Bumgarner (505)..... My replacement value is Markakis who is around 440-460.

Yes Id do that deal (I saw that post on Rotoworld too lol). Bumgarner isnt far behind Felix if at all IMO and Holiday is a HUGE upgrade for you. Pap is a closer. I never let closers hold back a deal for me

'shadyridr said:
My team:

that is tough...I like the improvement in your offense obviously, but you are losing a big component of your pitching. Grienke and Kennedy give you a good 1-2, and I'm not sure you have the pitching depth to replace that.

'shadyridr said:
My team:

Hmm... I think I might actually do that. Cruz is a great talent but the odds that he is healthy for the whole season are slim. Kennedy won't put up last years numbers but he could be solid for 15-18 wins 3.2 era.1B is so weak after the top 5 or so this year that Tex would be a big upgrade for you. You can probably find someone on the WW in the season or even Boesch to put up numbers a little below Cruz. While your pitching without Kennedy looks a little thin, since it is H2H points, I think you can get away with some streaming. __________________________________________________Facts: It is a 12 team, H2H points league with 4 keepers.My pitching staff is Kershaw, Hernandez, Latos, Ervin Santana, Derek Holland, Mike Minor, Chris SalePapelbon, Hanrahan, Marmol. Start 2 RP, 2P, 3SP.My OF is Braun, Desmond Jennings and a combo of either Markakis or Melky Cabrera.I feel a little weak in the OF and think I am pretty strong at SP. I would like another bat in my offense since I feel like I am too reliant on breakout players with Hosmer/Lawrie/Jennings all starting.Here is my offense for reference:
C- Y. Molinda1B- E. Hosmer2B- R. Cano3B- B. LawrieSS- M. ScutaroOF- R. BranOF- D. JenningsOF- N. MarkakisUTL- Melky CabreraB- B. HarperB- B. BeltB- L. Cain
So would you offer Felix/Papelbon for Holliday/Bumgarner.... Scoring for them all last season were Felix (595), Papelbon (436), Holliday (420* injured, projected 510 this year), Bumgarner (505)..... My replacement value is Markakis who is around 440-460.
Yes. SP for SP and OF for RP? Yes, I would do that.I just lost Storen and Bailey to the DL. I was offered Capps and Rasmus for Logan Morrison. Should I agree to that deal?

Nope. I added Aceves this morning but I am not sure if he or Melancon will close. The Rasmus/Capps owner added Melancon a few days ago.

Hmmm. Melancon and Rasmus for Morrison?

Between Melancon and Aceves, I think I'd have the Red Sox closer.

'Mentos said:
My team:

Yes. SP for SP and OF for RP? Yes, I would do that.I just lost Storen and Bailey to the DL. I was offered Capps and Rasmus for Logan Morrison. Should I agree to that deal?
What type of league is this? I would wait instead of losing Lomo for that crap. It's a long season.

'Mentos said:
My team:

What type of league is this? I would wait instead of losing Lomo for that crap. It's a long season.
Agreed, the other guy obviously smells your desperation and is trying to feed of it. Yes, it sucks losing to closers so early but Capps could very easily lose his job sometime this year and very likely sometime in the next few weeks you might be able to pick up a new replacement closer. Whether it is Addison Reed, Rex Brothers etc, closers come and go so I wouldn't make the deal. If you are in a bind, try and pick up Peralta if he is still on the WW because of the Farnsworth injury. ___________________________________On my front I offered Felix Hernandez, Carlos Marmol and Markakis or Melky for Holliday, Bumgarner and Matt Thornton... I don't think it will get accepted but just offering a little low to see what the price tag will be.

My team:

12 team H2H, POINTS league with weekly lineups.

C- Santana

1B- Goldschmidt

2B- Walker

3B- Sandoval

SS- Castro

IF- Encarnacion

OF- JUpton

OF- Cruz

OF- Jennings

UT- Heyward

SP- Grienke, Kennedy, Luebke, Cueto, Nicasio, Minor

RP- Marshall, Sale

Bench- Boesch, Moustakas, Norris, Bauer, Capuano, Colon
This guy says no.
Paul Goldschmidt smacks 38 homers, finishes ahead of Mark Teixeira among first basemen in total value

Despite a sluggish spring, Goldy will still be the Schmidt. His aggressiveness at the dish combined with a skyward 21.1 HR/FB percentage over 156 at-bats last year and a friendly home environment are strong indicators he could blast his way into the NL home run title mix. Throw in his ability to steal bases and a top-five end line at his position isn't out of the question.

This guy says no.

Paul Goldschmidt smacks 38 homers, finishes ahead of Mark Teixeira among first basemen in total value

Despite a sluggish spring, Goldy will still be the Schmidt. His aggressiveness at the dish combined with a skyward 21.1 HR/FB percentage over 156 at-bats last year and a friendly home environment are strong indicators he could blast his way into the NL home run title mix. Throw in his ability to steal bases and a top-five end line at his position isn't out of the question.
177 PAs is a small sample size in either event but I'd be more concerned about his 29.9% strikeout percentage than his 21.1% HR/FB ratio.

I was recently offered two trades ... Kenley Jansen for Melky Cabrera, and Matt Cain for Alex Gordon + Lucas Duda

10-team 5x5 (OBP instead of AVG)

C - Y. Molina

1B - Fielder

2B - Kendrick

3B - Lawrie

SS - A. Ramirez

MI - Aybar

CI - Ike Davis

OF - CarGo

OF - Bruce

OF - Alex Gordon

OF - Ethier

OF - Maybin

UTIL - Butler

BN - Duda

BN - Melky

BN - Kipnis

BN - Goldschmidt

BN - Gamel

SP - Grienke, Latos, Luebke, Beachy, Minor, Wandy, Nicasio

RP - Bell, Street, Bailey (DL)

With Davis/Goldschmidt/Duda, I'd like to choose one option for CI and use the others as trade bait.

Everyone is obviously low on Melky's projections and I can't get an established closer for him. Jansen seems like a decent consolation since Melky is a borderline Top 50 OF...

On the Cain trade I'm simply not sure. I'm not too high on Alex Gordon and can easily see him underproducing relative to last season. Cain seems to always outproduce his xFIP by a large margin, I'm not sure why that is. I generally don't trade for big pitchers, but Gordon is coming off a career year so it may be worthwhile...any opinions?

I was recently offered two trades ... Kenley Jansen for Melky Cabrera, and Matt Cain for Alex Gordon + Lucas Duda10-team 5x5 (OBP instead of AVG)C - Y. Molina1B - Fielder2B - Kendrick3B - LawrieSS - A. RamirezMI - AybarCI - Ike DavisOF - CarGoOF - BruceOF - Alex GordonOF - EthierOF - MaybinUTIL - ButlerBN - DudaBN - MelkyBN - KipnisBN - GoldschmidtBN - GamelSP - Grienke, Latos, Luebke, Beachy, Minor, Wandy, NicasioRP - Bell, Street, Bailey (DL)With Davis/Goldschmidt/Duda, I'd like to choose one option for CI and use the others as trade bait. Everyone is obviously low on Melky's projections and I can't get an established closer for him. Jansen seems like a decent consolation since Melky is a borderline Top 50 OF...On the Cain trade I'm simply not sure. I'm not too high on Alex Gordon and can easily see him underproducing relative to last season. Cain seems to always outproduce his xFIP by a large margin, I'm not sure why that is. I generally don't trade for big pitchers, but Gordon is coming off a career year so it may be worthwhile...any opinions?
Your starting pitching is strong enough that you don't need a Cain. I would sit tight on Melky too, I'm not a fan but in a shallow league a high K MR doesn't hold much value and he isn't going to sniff saves for a while unless there's an injury. Speaking of injuries, just wait for one and then the market price for your CI's/OF's may go up.

Was just offered this trade in a standard 10 team Head to Head leauge.

I trade:

Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF to BoSox

Alfredo Aceves, Bos RP to BoSox

Daniel Bard, Bos RP to BoSox

I get:

Melky Cabrera, SF OF to Win

Ervin Santana, LAA SP to Win

Jordan Walden, LAA RP to Win

My team:

C - Miguel Montero

1B - Paul Konerko

2B - Neil Walker

3B - Jose Bautista

SS - Elvis Andrus

OF - Jacoby Ellsbury

OF - Matt Holliday

OF - Ichiro Suzuki

UTIL - Ryan Zimmerman

BN - Cameron Maybin

BN - Edwin Encarnacion

SP - C.J. Wilson, Daniel Hudson, Shaun Marcum, Hiroki Kuroda,Doug Fister, Daniel Bard, Derek Holland

RP - Drew Storen, Jose Valverde, Huston Street

Was just offered this trade in a standard 10 team Head to Head leauge. I trade:Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF to BoSoxAlfredo Aceves, Bos RP to BoSoxDaniel Bard, Bos RP to BoSoxI get:Melky Cabrera, SF OF to WinErvin Santana, LAA SP to WinJordan Walden, LAA RP to WinMy team:C - Miguel Montero1B - Paul Konerko2B - Neil Walker3B - Jose BautistaSS - Elvis Andrus OF - Jacoby EllsburyOF - Matt Holliday OF - Ichiro SuzukiUTIL - Ryan ZimmermanBN - Cameron MaybinBN - Edwin EncarnacionSP - C.J. Wilson, Daniel Hudson, Shaun Marcum, Hiroki Kuroda,Doug Fister, Daniel Bard, Derek Holland RP - Drew Storen, Jose Valverde, Huston Street
Classic quantity over quality trade offer. Ellsbury is by far the best player in the deal. Ervin Santana doesn't do anything for your staff other than add depth and you really don't need Walden that much at all. Melky is solid but he is a #3 OF. Don't do the trade. Only trade Ellsbury in a deal where you are also getting a stud in return. If you want pitching depth, just offer Ellsbury to an owner with basically any SP you want. Some leagues you could probably get Halladay/Kershaw/Verlander level for Ellsbury, some you might not but basically with Ellsbury you should be getting back a top 20 player.

Was just offered this trade in a standard 10 team Head to Head leauge. I trade:Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF to BoSoxAlfredo Aceves, Bos RP to BoSoxDaniel Bard, Bos RP to BoSoxI get:Melky Cabrera, SF OF to WinErvin Santana, LAA SP to WinJordan Walden, LAA RP to WinMy team:C - Miguel Montero1B - Paul Konerko2B - Neil Walker3B - Jose BautistaSS - Elvis Andrus OF - Jacoby EllsburyOF - Matt Holliday OF - Ichiro SuzukiUTIL - Ryan ZimmermanBN - Cameron MaybinBN - Edwin EncarnacionSP - C.J. Wilson, Daniel Hudson, Shaun Marcum, Hiroki Kuroda,Doug Fister, Daniel Bard, Derek Holland RP - Drew Storen, Jose Valverde, Huston Street
You're giving away the best player by far.....the answer is no.

A guy in 12 team h2h yahoo league has this team:

C: Avila

1B: Youkilis

2B: Kipnis

3B: Rodriguez

SS: Dee Gordon

OF: Ellsbury, Alex Gordon, Cespedes

UTL: Heyward, Austin Jackson

Bench: Morneau

SP: Hamels, Lee

RP: Santos, Motte

P: Darivsh, Leake, Harrison, Guerra, Perez, Marshall, Gio, Jurrjens

I would like to get Gio Gonzalez and Alex Gordon

What should I offer or I am dreaming?

My team:

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt

Bench: Adam Dunn, Alex Rios

SP: Jon Lester, Yovani Gallardo

RP: Jim Johnson, Hector Santiagio,

P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Jonathan Broxton

DL: Chase Utley

I would probably center an offer around Uggla. I don't think you particularly need either Gordon or Gio but if you want them maybe something like Gordon, Gio and Kipnis for Uggla and Adam Jones.

was offered granderson straight up for ellsbury. i think i have plenty of speed and can use the HRs from granderson

question is whether or not Granderson can repeat his power numbers this year.

any reason for me to do this?

r/hr/rbi/sb/obp

c- russell martin

1b-teixera

2b-uggla

ss-starlin castro

3b-longoria

of-ellsbury

of-stanton

of-werth

of-maybin

ut-hosmer

ut-bonifacio

was offered granderson straight up for ellsbury. i think i have plenty of speed and can use the HRs from granderson

question is whether or not Granderson can repeat his power numbers this year.

any reason for me to do this?

r/hr/rbi/sb/obp

c- russell martin

1b-teixera

2b-uggla

ss-starlin castro

3b-longoria

of-ellsbury

of-stanton

of-werth

of-maybin

ut-hosmer

ut-bonifacio
Granderson vs. Ellsbury is a lot closer in an obp league, so it's really just a matter of preference but you're a lot higher on your speed than I am. You have 3 guys that run a lot, one that runs some, and no one else may hit double digits.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks thats what i was thinking. ill just hold onto him for now.
He has verbally offered me Fielder for Ellsbury now. This is an interesting one.
Why? Ellsbury's ADP was a whole round higher than Fielders. What's changed since then? Id stick with Ellsbury
Please tell me you're not judging your trades based on ADP
4 games into the season I am :shrug:
Do you have a set date when you stop doing this?

He has verbally offered me Fielder for Ellsbury now. This is an interesting one.
Why? Ellsbury's ADP was a whole round higher than Fielders. What's changed since then? Id stick with Ellsbury
i dont think a lot of people expect ellsbury to live up to his ranking.
I'd rather have Prince.You're team may have some BA issues.If you get Prince, I'd consider dealing Teixeira.

i dont think a lot of people expect ellsbury to live up to his ranking.
I'd rather have Prince.You're team may have some BA issues.If you get Prince, I'd consider dealing Teixeira.
It's an obp league, no issue here with having both. Although you still may be able to flip Tex once another team develops a problem at 1B.

I think I want to make an offer for Lincecum in my h2h league.

My team:

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt

Bench: Adam Dunn, Alex Rios

SP: Jon Lester, Yovani Gallardo

RP: Jim Johnson, Hector Santiagio,

P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Jonathan Broxton

DL: Chase Utley

His team:

C Brian McCann (Atl - C)

1B Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B)

2B José Altuve (Hou - 2B)

3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)

SS Zack Cozart (Cin - SS)

OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)

OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF)

OF Andre Ethier (LAD - OF)

Util J.D. Martínez (Hou - OF)

Util Adam Lind (Tor - 1B)

SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP)

SP Edinson Vólquez (SD - SP)

RP Joaquín Benoit (Det - RP)

RP Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP)

P Adam Wainwright (StL - SP)

P Wandy Rodríguez (Hou - SP)

P Mike Minor (Atl - SP)

P Brett Myers (Hou - SP)

BN Clint Barmes (Pit - SS)

BN Jordan Schafer (Hou - OF)

BN Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)

BN Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) DL

BN Drew Storen (Was - RP) DL

What do you think I should offer, and yes this guy is a houston fan.

I think I want to make an offer for Lincecum in my h2h league.My team:C: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesUTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul GoldschmidtBench: Adam Dunn, Alex RiosSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Jim Johnson, Hector Santiagio,P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Jonathan BroxtonDL: Chase Utley His team:C Brian McCann (Atl - C) 1B Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B) 2B José Altuve (Hou - 2B) 3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B) SS Zack Cozart (Cin - SS) OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF) OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF) OF Andre Ethier (LAD - OF) Util J.D. Martínez (Hou - OF) Util Adam Lind (Tor - 1B) SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP) SP Edinson Vólquez (SD - SP) RP Joaquín Benoit (Det - RP) RP Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP) P Adam Wainwright (StL - SP) P Wandy Rodríguez (Hou - SP) P Mike Minor (Atl - SP) P Brett Myers (Hou - SP) BN Clint Barmes (Pit - SS) BN Jordan Schafer (Hou - OF) BN Brett Gardner (NYY - OF) BN Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) DL BN Drew Storen (Was - RP) DL What do you think I should offer, and yes this guy is a houston fan.
Not sure I would be going after Lincecum at his time but if you think it's just a glitch and want to buy low than I think the best offer might come down to a deal with Uggla. I'd first offer maybe Uggla and Scherzer for Lincecum. You could upgrade him at 1B, SS and 3B but I wouldn't want to be dealing Votto, Longoria or Hanley in any deal with Lincecum involved.

I think I want to make an offer for Lincecum in my h2h league.My team:C: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesUTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul GoldschmidtBench: Adam Dunn, Alex RiosSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Jim Johnson, Hector Santiagio,P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Jonathan BroxtonDL: Chase Utley His team:C Brian McCann (Atl - C) 1B Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B) 2B José Altuve (Hou - 2B) 3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B) SS Zack Cozart (Cin - SS) OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF) OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF) OF Andre Ethier (LAD - OF) Util J.D. Martínez (Hou - OF) Util Adam Lind (Tor - 1B) SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP) SP Edinson Vólquez (SD - SP) RP Joaquín Benoit (Det - RP) RP Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP) P Adam Wainwright (StL - SP) P Wandy Rodríguez (Hou - SP) P Mike Minor (Atl - SP) P Brett Myers (Hou - SP) BN Clint Barmes (Pit - SS) BN Jordan Schafer (Hou - OF) BN Brett Gardner (NYY - OF) BN Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) DL BN Drew Storen (Was - RP) DL What do you think I should offer, and yes this guy is a houston fan.
With that much pitching already Lince K seems like over kill.

Was just offered this trade. 6x6

Pack trades Brett Lawrie,

PAPI trades Hanley Ramirez,

PAPI trades Mark Reynolds,

I am still loving Lawrie this year, but is Ramirez a better option, or is it a wash?

My SS now are Elvus and Peralta.

Thoughts?

I am still loving Lawrie this year, but is Ramirez a better option, or is it a wash?

Thoughts?
I'd much rather have Han Ram than Lawrie, and I love Lawrie.

Thoughts?
Yea, I'm leaning this way as well. The other thing, it's not a keeper league either.

Thoughts?
Yea, I'm leaning this way as well. The other thing, it's not a keeper league either.
It's close, but I would still want HanRam this year.

10 team mixed H2H 5x5. Pitching wise start 6 SP, 3 RP. Guy I'm trading only has 2 healthy closers, and they stink. I need SP help.

I give Kimbrel and Garcia.

I get Strasburg.

Giving up alot in Kimbrel, but I need help and I have Romo (Picked up last week before the Beard went down), Marmol, Jim Johnson, and Storen (DL spot). I want Strasburg bad, and he needs better closers so I think this works.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
I don't think it's very close. Even if you throw Reynolds in the trash can immediately upon opening, I'd still take HanRam straight up by a good amount.You list your current SS, but can you play Andrus somewhere else or not?

There are somethings to consider for sure, but personally I'd take Hanley and figure it out from there.

10 team mixed H2H 5x5. Pitching wise start 6 SP, 3 RP. Guy I'm trading only has 2 healthy closers, and they stink. I need SP help. I give Kimbrel and Garcia.I get Strasburg.Giving up alot in Kimbrel, but I need help and I have Romo (Picked up last week before the Beard went down), Marmol, Jim Johnson, and Storen (DL spot). I want Strasburg bad, and he needs better closers so I think this works.Thoughts?
Perfectly reasonable trade for both sides IMO. If anything, it might be worth asking to stall a day or two to see if Romo's got the job. Even if not though, finding a 3rd closer when you need one is normally cake as the season goes on in a 10 teamer.

10 team mixed H2H 5x5. Pitching wise start 6 SP, 3 RP. Guy I'm trading only has 2 healthy closers, and they stink. I need SP help. I give Kimbrel and Garcia.I get Strasburg.Giving up alot in Kimbrel, but I need help and I have Romo (Picked up last week before the Beard went down), Marmol, Jim Johnson, and Storen (DL spot). I want Strasburg bad, and he needs better closers so I think this works.Thoughts?
I don't like Strasburg in a H2H. Yea, you need to get to the playoffs first, but when you get there one of the horses that took you is down for the count.

Thoughts?
I don't think it's very close. Even if you throw Reynolds in the trash can immediately upon opening, I'd still take HanRam straight up by a good amount.You list your current SS, but can you play Andrus somewhere else or not?

There are somethings to consider for sure, but personally I'd take Hanley and figure it out from there.
We can use 1 Utility Player too.

Andrus is not a good UTIL option, but I would still take the deal then try to flip Andrus for something else. Even if you have to take a small loss in dealing him that loss is more than off set in upgrading to Han Ram.

Andrus is not a good UTIL option, but I would still take the deal then try to flip Andrus for something else. Even if you have to take a small loss in dealing him that loss is more than off set in upgrading to Han Ram.
I made the deal.Now I have to figure out how to get some value for Andrus.I will see if I can package him him an OF, maybe Adam Jones or Nick Swisher, maybe add Adam Lind too for some pitching.Here is my team (6x6 with Holds and OBP):
C Buster Posey, SF C 1B Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B 2B Brandon Phillips, Cin 2B3B Brett Lawrie, Tor 3BSS Jhonny Peralta, Det SS OF Jayson Werth, Wsh OF OF Jeff Francoeur, KC OF OF Josh Willingham, Min OF, DH UTIL Adam Jones, Bal OF Bench Elvis Andrus, Tex SS Bench Nick Swisher, NYY OF Bench J.P. Arencibia, Tor C Bench Adam Lind, Tor 1B P Justin Verlander, Det SP PPP Yovani Gallardo, Mil SP P Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RPP Brandon Beachy, Atl SPP Jason Motte, StL RPP Chris Sale, CWS RPP Brandon McCarthy, Oak SP PP P Daniel Bard, Bos RP P Alfredo Aceves, Bos RP Bench Juan Nicasio, Col SP Ross Detwiler, Wsh SP

Users who are viewing this thread