What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins Thread** - This Is Totally The Year! (2 Viewers)

Frostillicus

Bad Manager
Mauer to first base!

Twins talking to Bronson Arroyo!

Twins talking to Ricky Nolasco!

Twins looking at Matt Garza!

Twins sign Jason Bartlett to minor league deal!

Twins considering A.J. Pierzynski and Jarrod Saltalamacchia!

If they actually sign two pitchers like they say they're looking to do, and they're actually decent, could be a mediocre team this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Twins traded Duke Welker, the PTBNL from the Morneau deal, back to Pittsburgh for 29 year old LHP Kris Johnson. Welker spent all of six weeks in the Twins organization.

Johnson is a former first rounder who had a nice year at AAA but has been stuck at that level for a while.

Gopher State has 234 posts in the Tigers thread. Any way to stop that?

Like the Doumit trade. He's a role player who can easily be replaced, and getting a former first round pick is more than I'd expect for him, especially since baseball america had him as the Braves #10 prospect for this year. Hopefully they use Doumits $3 million to sign another 1B/DH type to back up Mauer and platoon with Kubel at DH. I'm guessing they'll end up doing something like rolling with Colabello or Parmelee and give the full-time DH job to Kubel even though he can't hit lefites.

I hope I'm wrong.

Like the Doumit trade. He's a role player who can easily be replaced, and getting a former first round pick is more than I'd expect for him, especially since baseball america had him as the Braves #10 prospect for this year. Hopefully they use Doumits $3 million to sign another 1B/DH type to back up Mauer and platoon with Kubel at DH. I'm guessing they'll end up doing something like rolling with Colabello or Parmelee and give the full-time DH job to Kubel even though he can't hit lefites.

I hope I'm wrong.
He's a crafty soft-tosser so you know the Twins had megaboner for him. Agree it was a fine deal though.

Is this the Gopher State free version of the Twins thread? I might post here more then.

I hope I'm wrong.
He's a crafty soft-tosser so you know the Twins had megaboner for him. Agree it was a fine deal though.

Is this the Gopher State free version of the Twins thread? I might post here more then.
He'll be around.

I hope I'm wrong.

He'll be around.
Out then.

I thought this thread got bumped because the Twins signed another journeyman starter. I guess Dave Bush is still on the market then.

They've got some decent pitching this year, but the bats still look to be awful. Regardless, still stoked for another season of Twins baseball!

Can we rename this thread to something fun, like "2014 Twins, the climb to mediocrity"?

Get em Wednesday boys.

Go Twins !!!

Need to see an improvement over last season. Shouldn't be difficult but that's my goal for these guys.

All we do is win win win !!!

You better score double digits if you plan to beat this juiced up team.

Pleasantly surprised with the scoring put up so far.. :)

Headed to the Home opener tomorrow so hopefully they can continue. :thumbup:

This is the most dull and lifeless Twins team since I've been a fan. There's not a single player on the roster I feel excited about. They have a few decent guys but no one who's really intriguing enough to follow closely. Going to be really hard to follow them at all until their super prospects get called up.

Danny Santana is fun to watch, but yeah I agree. Not sure how this team scores more than 3 runs a game.

This is the most dull and lifeless Twins team since I've been a fan. There's not a single player on the roster I feel excited about. They have a few decent guys but no one who's really intriguing enough to follow closely. Going to be really hard to follow them at all until their super prospects get called up.
I'm going to go ahead and add Brian Dozier to my "excited" list.

I'm going to go ahead and add Brian Dozier to my "excited" list.
He is very handsome

Users who are viewing this thread