What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die - Curtis Granderson (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Maybe this will get TRE off his ###...

The Grandy man can...be a bit unhappy he's now across town in a pitcher friendly park. Granderson still struggles vs lefties and moving to the NL East with lots of great starters, will be challenging.

2011 262/363/41 homers/136 runs/119 RBI
2012 232/319/43 homers/102 runs/106 RBI

2013 Let's not talk about it, loaded with injuries.

Project or die.

AVG OBP HR RBI R SB

.248 / .320 / 23 HR / 70 RBI / 75 R / 13 SB

Not sure I expect a full season of 550+ ABs or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
His home/road HR splits in 2011-12 weren't nearly as drastic as I thought (47 at NYY, 37 on road). That gives me confidence he could approach 30 HR with a healthy season.

.250/.335/.440 w/ 22 HRs and 9 SB. He'll be 33 by opening day so I don't think the speed is coming back. I may be playing it too conservative on the homers. I have no idea where Collins is going to bat him in the order so I'll go with 155 total Rs and RBIs.

If he can stay in the lineup for 150 games, he'll be valuable. At worst, it gets the Mets out of the Cowgill/Baxter/den Dekker era.

230/305/425/21/75/65/10

arguably hitting in one of the worst lineups in mlb history. likely to hit 4 behind wright, murphy, tejada. behind him are ike/duda, lagares, d'arnaud, black Chris young. mets k a ton, have limited obp skills and will struggle to score.

I'll be a bit more optimistic here....

265/330/22/85/65/12

I think he'll be less infatuated with trying to pull everything to the short right field fence like in Yankee stadium and drive the ball more. I think this will help his average, but I do expect his power numbers to drop pretty good. I think he'll get his rbi's, and chip in with a few steals. He has a contract in hand that will pay him till his late 30's and he isn't playing on a team expected to contend for a world series, so there will not be that much pressure on him every day. I'm not reaching for him, but if he's my 4th or 5th outfielder I think I could do worse

Really, I think his value comes down to 2 questions... will he stay healthy and will he run?

I feel comfortable slotting him in at .240/25/75/75 if he can stay healthy. Whether he gets 5 steals or 15 steals or 25 steals is the big X factor for me. He is a banged up player batting cleanup now and even though the Mets run, the Yankees have run just as much lately. If he's only at 10 steals or less, he's basically Nick Swisher or even the last few years of Ryan Howard. I like HR/SB combo guys in general, but I probably won't own him.

230/305/425/21/75/65/10

arguably hitting in one of the worst lineups in mlb history. likely to hit 4 behind wright, murphy, tejada. behind him are ike/duda, lagares, d'arnaud, black Chris young. mets k a ton, have limited obp skills and will struggle to score.
Your lineup prediction is way off.

230/305/425/21/75/65/10

Your lineup prediction is way off.
yeah, I don't know the mets very well. what you have?
Okay. I was really thrown off by your comment about Granderson batting behind Wright, Murphy and Tejada. None are leadoff hitters.Tejada is a terrible player who will never bat third. He is a 7 or 8 hole hitter.

The leadoff hitter is probably going to be Young Jr. or Lagares. Murphy bats 2nd, Wright 3rd, Granderson 4th.

I think Chris Young will bat 5th to start the season and Davis will bat 6th or 7th. d'Arnaud will bat 6th or 7th. Tejada will bat 8th. If C. Young falters and Davis hits, they might flip flop in the order.

The Grandy man hit two bombs today in a spring training game. As long as he stays healthy, I think that Granderson has a very good chance of exceeding the 21-22 HRs that many people in here seem to be projecting. I believe that it is very reasonable to project Granderson for 25-30 HRs this year.

Users who are viewing this thread