What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flo from Progressive must be stopped (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Can we start an online petition or something?

I go into a murderous rage every time one of her stupid "songs" comes on the radio.

And I find it hard to believe anyone would choose Progressive BECAUSE of that ad campaign. Even if they offered me the best rates, I would not give them my business on general principle until they dump her annoying ###.

/rant

Hernandez will be acquitted if the defense can prove that one of Flo's songs was playing immediately prior to him shooting Lloyd.

I HATE the one where that I don't know his name yells let's get ready to rumble and it goes on and on. I have never seen one person in so many stupid and annoying commercials for one company. :hangover:

I go into a murderous rage every time one of her stupid "songs" comes on the radio.

And I find it hard to believe anyone would choose Progressive BECAUSE of that ad campaign. Even if they offered me the best rates, I would not give them my business on general principle until they dump her annoying ###.

/rant
Please ignore this ##### and get in on the ground floor of Orange is the New Black thread,

The radio spots on Pandora and other things like that basically have me off internet radio
Listen to Pandora on Saturdays at work. Never had hers come up. I do for some reason frequently get an AT&T commercial in spanish.

I don't get guys who think she's cute or hot, and they're out there.

She does nothing for me, and I even go for brunettes.

I don't get guys who think she's cute or hot, and they're out there.

She does nothing for me, and I even go for brunettes.
unless born with a debilitating disease, women of all ratings have free reign to snack on my peepee

Last edited by a moderator:
If she did have sex appeal, she'd be one of those tattooed and pierced pinup style women. Only people into that are lesbians and fat swingers.

I am friends with a lot of people that work at progressive hq. They will pull the plug when she is no longer profitable. Their reports indicate she is still extremely profitable.

I don't like her either, but she is working well for them. Still.

Annoying radio commercials must work, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them. Glad I only listen to Pandora now, but I remember a lot of bad ones. Shane Company vs. D. Gellar & Son would top the list for me.

Raider Nation said:
The radio spots on Pandora and other things like that basically have me off internet radio
:goodposting:

They are never-ending on iHeart especially. Although her commercials do keep my reflexes sharp. I try to see if I can change the station before she hits her first note.
Half a year later this is still me at work.

and you probably look really good in corduroy pants, WHICH ISN'T EASYYYY

/rant
Yeah, as much as I'm guessing the Geico ad team, whoever they may be, must be making quite a name for themselves in the ad industry, I also keep thinking every time I see a Flo ad that those guys who came up with that are in really big trouble of losing their client and their jobs.

I'll take Flo over the GEICO "rhetorical question" commercials any day. I can't believe someone actually gets paid to write these.

• Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall? (Cuts to Jones in a doctor's office being measured for his height, even though he is too tall for the maximum length of the measure. The nurse then says, "I'm just gonna guesstimate.")[17]
  • Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle? (Cuts to Daniels energetically playing a fiddle in a classy restaurant after taking it from a violinist. Once he finishes, he hands it back and states "That's how you do it, son".)[18]
  • Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter R? (Cuts to Elmer hunting and telling the audience to be "vewy quiet" while he's "hunting wabbits", the director correcting his rhotacism to the former's frustration, and eventually stalking off the screen while muttering about how "this diwector is starting to wub me the wong way".)
  • Did The Waltons take way too long to say good night? (Cuts to the Walton family saying "good night" to each other numerous times.[19][20])
  • Does a ten pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit? (Cuts to a child buttering an enormous biscuit on the kitchen counter humming as his mom walks in with a dismayed look upon her face.)[21]
  • Did the caveman invent fire? (Cuts to the GEICO caveman sitting in a living room on a couch with a female companion. He looks disdainfully at the camera, then activates the fireplace by remote control before scowling at the camera once more.)[22]
  • Was Abe Lincoln honest? (Cuts to an old-style black and white film of Mary Todd Lincoln asking "Does this dress make my backside look big?" After a lengthy pause and deliberation, Lincoln sheepishly responds, saying "Perhaps a...", interrupted as she gets up and walks out perturbed.)
  • Is having a snowball fight with pitching great Randy Johnson a bad idea? (Cuts to Johnson helping a man to his feet, the latter with a hole in the arm of his jacket, in a snowy street. After lamenting the heavily damaged garage door behind them, they agree to go sledding instead.)
  • Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? (Cuts to an Antiques Roadshow appraiser examining a small statue of a human hand holding a bird. He tells the statue's owner that it is indeed worth at least two in the bush.)
  • Can fútbol announcer Andrés Cantor make any sport exciting? (Cuts to Cantor loudly and energetically calling a slow-paced chess match. When one player makes a move, he yells his trademark "¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" much to the players' annoyance)
  • Does a former drill sergeant make a terrible therapist? (Cuts to R. Lee Ermey talking to a man on a psychiatrist's couch, then abruptly yelling at him for crying and then throws a box of tissues at him, calling him a crybaby.)
  • Do woodchucks chuck wood? (Cuts to a jovial pair of woodchucks throwing chopped logs into a pond and being admonished by the farmer who chopped them.)
  • Did the little piggy cry 'wee wee wee' all the way home? (Cuts to a pig named Maxwell riding in the back seat of an SUV holding pinwheels, yelling "wee wee wee" out the window, before being dropped off at his house by his friend's exasperated mother.)[23] (See section Maxwell the Pig)
  • Does it take two to tango? (Cuts to a man and woman dancing the tango while another man tries to dance with them.)
  • What, do you live under a rock? (Cuts to a man living underground who moves a rock so he can raise his head above ground to see outside, and then gets excited when he sees a GEICO billboard and invites his friend Rick to move his own rock and take a peek.)
  • Does the buck stop here? (The camera zooms out as a deer walks onto the soundstage and stops next to McGlone, who then shrugs his shoulders.)
  • Do dogs chase cats? (Cuts to a dog and cat engaged in a Bullitt-style car chase.)
  • Is the pen mightier than the sword? (Cuts to a ninja menacingly demonstrating his swordsmanship to his opponent, who countermaneuvers by using a pen to sign for the delivery of his new taser, with which he promptly defeats the ninja.)[24]
  • Would Foghorn Leghorn make a really bad book narrator? (Cuts to a recording studio where Foghorn is reading A Tale of Two Cities—his ad-libbing and talking over the director cause an exasperated Henery Hawk to get up from the control panel and whack him with a club.)[25]
  • Do people use smartphones to do dumb things? (Cuts to 3 office workers using very silly smartphone apps to help celebrate the end of the workweek.)[26]

I find it ironic that the guy that finds Flo too annoying is also the guy singlehandedly keeping the Girls thread alive.

Flo is a candidate for that thread about women you find attractive but can't explain why or whatever it was called. She's not the hottest woman in the room, not by a long shot, but for some reason she still has that special somethin' somethin'. Not all the time, but in certain ads, you just kinda go... hey, how you doin'?

/rant
Yeah, as much as I'm guessing the Geico ad team, whoever they may be, must be making quite a name for themselves in the ad industry, I also keep thinking every time I see a Flo ad that those guys who came up with that are in really big trouble of losing their client and their jobs.
As a person who used to make TV commercials, you'd be surprised how often the bad commercials you see are because that's what the customer wants (but they think it's good.)

I think that I heard that she is one of (if not the most) recognizable commercial character/spokeperson, so whether she is hated or not, she promotes brand awareness.

Users who are viewing this thread