What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Survivor: Blood vs. Water*** (1 Viewer)

The only one who bugs me for being included in Hayden from Big Brother. I wouldn't put it past CBS to have introduced him to Cat just so they could get the cross-promotion of BB and Survivor. They did it on TAR with Jeff and Jordan, but somehow I'd hoped they wouldn't f with Survivor.

####, I thought we were finally free of Rupert.

I was disappointed to see the return of redemption island until seeing how it's going to be used. Could be interesting.

* First impressions can be key in the game like Survivor, and that will prove true here as just moments after meeting each other, each team will vote one member off their tribe. They will later be informed that these people have not been voted out of the game, but rather will be sent to Redemption Island, which makes its return after having been absent for the past three seasons. There they will battle to stay alive and reenter the game at a later point.

* Confused yet? Well, it gets even more confusing! Jeff Probst will then immediately offer each of the loved ones of the two people voted off the opportunity to trade places with them, meaning that if, say, returning player Tina is voted out of her tribe at the start, her daughter Katie can opt to take her place at Redemption Island instead, and Tina would then join the tribe of newbies.

* As mentioned, Redemption Island is back. Anyone voted out will be sent there and will then compete in a three person duel. The last place finisher in each contest is out of the game for good, while the top two remain. However, if someone’s loved one is still in the game they can take their loved one’s place before a duel. (So if, say, Monica is at Redemption Island but her husband Brad thinks he would do better at a duel involving strength, he can swap places with her, electing to do the duel while she takes his place on his tribe. They could then swap again at the next duel if it is a contest better suited to her strengths.) “That puts blood and water to the test,” says Probst. “And we’re gonna do it at every duel. So the first time early in the game, somebody may say ‘It’s just too early.” But as those duels increase and they get closer to what they think might be a merge, their strategy is going to start to change.”

* That’s not all when it comes to Redemption Island. The person who finishes first in each duel will also get to give a clue to the location of a hidden immunity idol to any person from either tribe that they choose. “There’s all these things you can do,” says Probst. “Because for a moment, even though you’re on the outest, furthest part of the game, you have a little bit of power.”

I like the twists this year and I don't have a problem with the returning players this season. I'm in.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the players is an ex-NFL player, Brad Culpepper who played for the Vikings, Bears and Bucs. He's the husband of Monica Culpepper.

Haven't watched Survivor in some time now. Laura is the one On Russell's first season that was completely owned by Russell, right? Gervase? Really? Him? What kind of buffoonery is be going to pull this time.

I figure one thread is good for commentary on the show, and the other for commentary on who spilled the beans on the trailing "spoilers" for next week.

I watched the TV Guide preview thing hosted by Parvarti. Tons of filler but also a little info on the players.

Colton is useless, but his boyfriend (Caleb) seems like someone who could go far. Rachel and Ciera could fly under the radar and also be there at the end. Those three plus Vytas would be my preseason top four new cast members.

I'm having a hard time picturing any of the returning players winning. I guess they should be favored though, since the previous two seasons of evenly split veterans and rookies were pretty well dominated by the vets.

The difference this time is that (at least on paper) the rookies should have a big physical advantage. Maybe I'm underrating a 49 year old Rupert, but it appears the newbie tribe has the three strongest players (John, Brad, Hayden) and only one weak link (Rupert's wife). I don't think the vets can keep up.

They may have overcooked this in terms of the loyalty/strategy/alliance/revenge threads. There could be so many that it's impossible to make sense of tribals ahead of time.

Colton paddled his oar like he was stroking a cat :lmao:

Glad to see his redemption arc looks to be short lived. Also glad they immediately moved to minimize Rupert's screen time.

Although I do think it's lame Probst gave them fire. It wasn't always the case. What's the point of winning the reward at the challenge if the losing team gets the same thing 6 hours later? Used to be, on some seasons, they couldn't take the torches home and didn't get fire until they won the reward. Giving it to them now sucked. Let 'em suffer I say.

It hit me how interesting it was to split it up this way, in that it gave the 'loved ones' some minor advantage to even the playing field--logically, no returning player picked someone significantly older, figuring to use it to their advantage. With the script flipped, at least the loved ones tribe has youth on their side.

Should have voted Katie off. Gervaise wouldn't care if Marissa got voted off but it would likely upset Tina to know her beat down at the puzzle sent her daughter home. Tina is a much greater threat and it was a missed opportunity to weaken her. Plus if you have a guy-alliance going would be better to keep Gervaise as a more likely ally.

I think the theme is great. More strategy and chances for friction. Don't see a downside.

The lack of eye-candy is puzzling to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have voted Katie off. Gervaise wouldn't care if Marissa got voted off but it would likely upset Tina to know her beat down at the puzzle sent her daughter home. Tina is a much greater threat and it was a missed opportunity to weaken her. Plus if you have a guy-alliance going would be better to keep Gervaise as a more likely ally.

I think the theme is great. More strategy and chances for friction. Don't see a downside.

The lack of eye-candy is puzzling to say the least.
Doesn't it weaken her more to know that a future beat down might send her daughter home? Seems to me you want somebody on the other team to be thinking "Should I risk my daughter's future in the game?" while she's competing, not "I'll teach them a lesson for voting out my daughter!"

As for the guy-alliance, based on his pathetic performance in the challenge, Gervaise isn't going to be around when the merge comes. He'll be gone the first time dragging him along costs them a challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
"JUST SHUT UP AND PADDLE" :lol:

I say it every year, but damn if you plan on being on Survivor, wouldn't you spend the next 12 months using your free time to get in tip top shape and learn how to make fire? Or learn how to swim?

"JUST SHUT UP AND PADDLE" :lol:

I say it every year, but damn if you plan on being on Survivor, wouldn't you spend the next 12 months using your free time to get in tip top shape and learn how to make fire? Or learn how to swim?
:goodposting:

that, and as I've said since season one.. I assume they get a heads up on where they are heading before they go.. so do a little research on the plants that are there and learn whats edible and what is not..

Users who are viewing this thread