What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Ran a 10K FFL - Can anyone catch the old man? (1 Viewer)

Ned

Footballguy
I'll try to keep the OP with all the pertinent info...UPDATED FOR 2015

League Website: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1177669
Draft Date/Time: SUNDAY 8/30 8:15pm EDT
Draft Length: 16 rounds / 2 minutes per pick
Draft Order: Set randomly by juxt, FUBAR, and Ned. See posts on page 5.
Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF/ST
Scoring: Standard decimal scoring with 0.5PPR.
Entry Fee: $20
Payouts: 1st - $150, 2nd - $100, Top regular season points = $70

DRAFT ORDER
1 - Phatdawg - PAID
2 - Ned - PAID
3 - Three Thousand - PAID
4 - Steel Curtain - PAID
5 - Chief - PAID
6 - FUBAR - PAID
7 - Duck - PAID
8 - Tri-man - PAID
9 - Grue - PAID
10 - Juxt - PAID
11 - Nigel - PAID
12 - MAC - PAID
13 - Sand - PAID
14 - AAA - PAID
15 - SteveC - PAID
16 - PBM - PAID

Last edited by a moderator:
Ned said:
Draft Order: ESPN site randomly chooses order 1hr before draft.
Could we change it so that it selects the order this week sometime so we can actually prepare a little bit?

ESPN either randomly sets the order an hour before the draft, or Steve has to do it manually. I told him to just use a list randomizer list and enter the results manually. True, there's no way to "prove" that he didn't fudge it, but It's just for fun anyway, so there's no reason for any of us not to trust him. I trust you all agree.

Per Chad's idea, list randomized by www.random.org

(also, Tri-man, get on it and accept the invite when you get a chance or let me know if you need another invite)

There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Team HeHateMe
  2. Team Ned
  3. Team Grove
  4. Sho Nuff
  5. Team Cuneo
  6. Tannehill Repeats
  7. Fayetteville U.
  8. Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  9. Team Chu
  10. Chief Run a 1/2
  11. Georgia Dreamcrushers
  12. Team MAC
  13. Team Gruett
  14. Team Phatdawg
Timestamp: 2014-08-21 02:47:26 UTC

(also, Tri-man, get on it and accept the invite when you get a chance or let me know if you need another invite)

• Team HeHateMe
  • Team Ned
  • Team Grove
  • Sho Nuff
  • Team Cuneo
  • Tannehill Repeats
  • Fayetteville U.
  • Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  • Team Chu
  • Chief Run a 1/2
  • Georgia Dreamcrushers
  • Team MAC
  • Team Gruett
  • Team Phatdawg
Timestamp: 2014-08-21 02:47:26 UTC__________________________
Right smack dab in the middle.

Is it too early to tags Tim Tebow?

Anyone wanna trade spots? I'd gladly move out of the 10 spot for a couple bags of chews and a bottle of gatorade.

1. Team HeHateMe
  2. Team Ned
  3. Team Grove
  4. Sho Nuff
  5. Team Cuneo
  6. Tannehill Repeats
  7. Fayetteville U.
  8. Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  9. Team Chu
  10. Chief Run a 1/2
  12. Team MAC
  13. Team Gruett
  14. Team Phatdawg

I registered on the site, but I don't see an invite. So Steve, try a fresh invite? I assume I need that to connect my ID to Team 8.

All is well. But let me ask here (as the better forum for it) - how can I change my team name? It looks like a few of you have done it.

SteveC702 said:

1. Team HeHateMe
  2. Team Ned
  3. Team Grove
  4. Sho Nuff
  5. Team Cuneo
  6. Tannehill Repeats
  7. Fayetteville U.
  8. Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  9. Team Chu
  10. Chief Run a 1/2
  12. Team MAC
  13. Team Gruett
  14. Team Phatdawg

phatdawg said:
SteveC702 said:

1. Team HeHateMe
  2. Team Ned
  3. Team Grove
  4. Sho Nuff
  5. Team Cuneo
  6. Tannehill Repeats
  7. Fayetteville U.
  8. Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  9. Team Chu
  10. Chief Run a 1/2
  12. Team MAC
  13. Team Gruett
  14. Team Phatdawg

phatdawg said:
SteveC702 said:

1. Team HeHateMe
  2. Team Ned
  3. Team Grove
  4. Sho Nuff
  5. Team Cuneo
  6. Tannehill Repeats
  7. Fayetteville U.
  8. Team 8 (Tri-Man)
  9. Team Chu
  10. Chief Run a 1/2
  12. Team MAC
  13. Team Gruett
  14. Team Phatdawg

To be honest I was just hoping when I clicked "randomize" that my team doesn't end up in the top 4-5 picks or people would be crying foul.

This is bullcrap. I quit.
This thing has already been worth it. :lol: Whomever setup the "random" draft order, thanks!

BTW, who is Tannehill repeats? Weird, as I just got done with my trail run at Tannehill State Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Tannehill Repeats! I was just looking for a football player's name that I could contort into something running related and I found Tannehill and added repeats. It's slightly ironic since I have no hills upon which to repeat.

I am Tannehill Repeats! I was just looking for a football player's name that I could contort into something running related and I found Tannehill and added repeats. It's slightly ironic since I have no hills upon which to repeat.
Just don't take Ned's Gerhart Rate Monitors.

I bought 6 magazines this weekend and started studying. I'll try to take it easy on you guys, but don't take it personally if I run the table on ya. :grad:

I have long been upset that Ryan was named after my wondrous park - he doesn't hold a candle. :rant:

I have long been upset that Ryan was named after my wondrous park - he doesn't hold a candle. :rant:
I was going to ask you why they named the park after a mediocre quarterback. Brees, Manning and Rodgers State Parks were already done years ago?

I was going to ask you why they named the park after a mediocre quarterback. Brees, Manning and Rodgers State Parks were already done years ago?
Luckily these things don't come up to be changed very often or we'd have mass confusion as every road, park, and building would have Saban's name on it.

You guys want audio for the draft? If so, we can use my work conference call line. Let me know, and I can give you the dial-in number and passcode.

You guys want audio for the draft? If so, we can use my work conference call line. Let me know, and I can give you the dial-in number and passcode.
Only if you want to hear the chaos that is my living room in the evenings.

You guys can hear me huff and puff. I'm planning on running a 12 miler while using my ESPN app so I can draft while I train.

Beat THAT you effing overachievers. :headbang:

You guys can hear me huff and puff. I'm planning on running a 12 miler while using my ESPN app so I can draft while I train.

putting my kids to bed on a school night will be more challenging.

Good point.

Staying up past my bedtime will be even more challenging. :rolleyes:

Staying up past my bedtime will be even more challenging. :rolleyes:
I can hear it now...

SteveC: Tri - You pick slower than you run! Hurry up!!!!!

Grue: WTF is snoring?

Tri: Huh? What? I pick Bart Starr :wipesdroolfromcheatsheet:

I bought 6 magazines this weekend and started studying. I'll try to take it easy on you guys, but don't take it personally if I run the table on ya. :grad:
This frightened me so much, my HR spiked all the way up to 110.

And: You can't fool me. I know Bart Starr retired a few years ago. I'm holding out for Sam Bradford.

Only if you want to hear the chaos that is my living room in the evenings.
:goodposting:

One will be in bed by the time we start, but the other will be playing this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzb9v2iQH4o) on repeat and when he's not he'll be playing his minion ipad game that he isn't that good at and is sure to let us know about it whenever he screws up.

If you guys are game, by all means though.

I will also have 2 kids running around like mad men until my wife gets home from taking the other one to soccer practice.

I'm thinking the audio is not such a good idea. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread