What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Point Per Completion impact to QB Ranking (1 Viewer)

uhaul77

Footballguy
I have limited experience in PPR leagues and would like to know if adding a point per completion is normally part of the scoring system? I don't see it mentioned very often if at all on cheat sheets, rankings, etc so I think its not the norm.

I would appreciate comments from those that have experience with it. Clearly it has to boost up QB's especially those that throw the ball a lot like Brees, Peyton, Rodgers and Brady. In looking at past scoring under the system the tiers become even more pronounced when its added so I would think it completely kills the notion of waiting to take a QB late.

i pick number 1 overall, i anticipate rodgers to romo to be gone. the league is .5 ppc if romo makes it i am taking him, qb's score 40's regularly

I'm in a 16 team PPC league that also has -1 point per incompletion.

QB's are highly valued. DD shows 6 QB's in the top 10.

Mine is a 3 keeper league and 12 teams kept a QB. I have the 15th pick and at least 3 QB's will be gone, maybe more as some will draft a second QB. I had to give Romo up.(Max 3 years kept)

The value is not there to take one at that point, as all the guys left are in the grouping Orton, Stafford, Hasselbeck, Young, Cassell, Campbell, but you can't really wait too long as you'll get a nobody when these guys all get picked very soon.

Hate to waste a pick on the 16th QB taken as there is much better value out there at WR and RB, but having a bad QB will kill your team in a league like this.

point per completion is definitely NOT the norm.

however, I have seen leagues with this rule, and QB's become a LOT more valuable. Especially those who throw 35+ passes per game with a high completion rate.

in this format, I would expect the starting QB's would mostly go in the first round of the draft.

Yep, DD has has 'em 7-Brees, 8-Manning, 11-Rodgers, 13-Romo and Brady and Schaub at 20, 21 respectively using "Joes Secret Formula. W/ "Worst Starter though its totally different, they're all ranked in the first 13.

I'm picking 6th so unless MJD or Gore drops to me I'm jumping on Rodgers or Brees.

Users who are viewing this thread