What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2014 Mid-Atlantic Best Ball/Auction League (1 Viewer)

Fear The Turtle

Footballguy
Sixth season successfully completed; let's round up folks for number 7. We've got a great venue in Olney, MD, and we usually auction on an August Sunday. Trying to get to 16 teams. We use the Fat Box auction system. Best ball format so no need for weekly lineup decisions. WCOFF ppr scoring. Free agent bidding.

Link to last year's thread: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681392

1. Fear The Turtle

2. pablito

3. RickV (Defending Champ)

4. roarlions

5. Philly Fanatic

6. bro1ncos

7. Go DC

8. nittanylions

9. XO Stars

10. Andy/Ronnie

11. Jeff Black

Last edited by a moderator:
In, of course. Pretty sure XO Stars, Jeff Black and Andy/Ronnie are on board as well, so that's 4 of us in total...

...the more, the merrier, I think.

Bumping to see if there is any more interest. Looks like last count had us at 11. I'm guessing the draft will be late July or early August?

Don't think we have heard from the following owners from last season:

Rene - Atomic Theory

Charlie - Samcro Reaper

Tom - Skins Fan

Dave and Chris

Justin - Show Me Your TDs

If we get 4 out of 5 to return we can get to 16.

Pretty sure Charlie and Dave/Chris are in.

ETA: Ronnie moved to Arizona, he's out, but I'm sure Andy will find a partner...however that partner might be Dave, as Dave recently took on Andy as a partner in our local Dynasty League...don't think Chris will have a Team on his own, however, I'll ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly don't know right now. Supposed to be near Vegas for about 10 days in August, so it might be date dependant for me

Rene, and everyone else, we are looking at drafting on 1 of the first 3 Sundays in August. That would be August 3rd, 10th, or 17th. Please post if those don't work for potential owners.

For the record, I cannot draft on the 10th. Well, I CAN, I just would have to shuffle something that's going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Based on the little feedback I have received it looks like the best date would be Sunday, Aug. 3rd. Please speak up if there are any objections.

Bumping to see if anyone new owners are interested in joining and also to see if any current owners can't attend the draft on Aug. 3rd?

Driving from Lancaster, PA if anyone wants to split a ride. Heard there was at least one owner from York County.

Can I get specifics on the league or a link? Cost, scoring, roster size, etc.

Driving from Lancaster, PA if anyone wants to split a ride. Heard there was at least one owner from York County.

This is the link for the 2013 league site:

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/11908#0

Some factors, such as cost per team, roster size, auction budget, etc., will be determined by the final number of teams in the league. However, the last 2 seasons we have gone with 16 roster spots, 9 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 D/ST), and $250 for the auction, so those are likely parameters for this season also.

The following link shows scoring rules:

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=11908&O=09

Assuming we hold the draft at our usual location, you can find address, directions, menu, etc., at this link:

http://www.gmxsteak.com/

We meet at the Olney location, usually start the draft around 12:30 PM, and for about $15 or $20 per person we get a fixed price menu of food and beer.

This is the link for the 2013 league site:

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/11908#0

Some factors, such as cost per team, roster size, auction budget, etc., will be determined by the final number of teams in the league. However, the last 2 seasons we have gone with 16 roster spots, 9 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 D/ST), and $250 for the auction, so those are likely parameters for this season also.

The following link shows scoring rules:

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=11908&O=09

Assuming we hold the draft at our usual location, you can find address, directions, menu, etc., at this link:

We meet at the Olney location, usually start the draft around 12:30 PM, and for about $15 or $20 per person we get a fixed price menu of food and beer.
Thanks

After hearing from a number of owners returning to the league, it now looks like we will plan to hold the draft on Sunday, Aug. 24th. Updates will follow.

There might be a schedule conflict for the FatBox on Aug. 24, the traditional date for my local league. But after a 22 year run, that league might be finally folding this summer. People move on. :shrug: Will keep you updated.

Would be great to have you back in the league Jeff. As you can tell, our preferred date is Aug. 24th, but we are waiting to hear whether the FatBox will be available that day. If it isn't we will be looking at either Aug. 3rd or Aug. 17th. Stay tuned.

Quick update. Still no word about the availability of the Fatbox for the 24th. The 3rd is definitely out of the question, the 17th is a slight possibility. Most likely date will be the 24th with the possibility that we rent a Fatbox if the usual one isn't available.

Glad to hear the 24th looks pretty likely for you Jeff, pretty sure that will be our draft date.

As far as I can tell, I think we have 10 confirmed owners and 3 very likely owners who can draft on the 24th, as follows:

1. Dolly Llamas
2. RGKnee
3. Pale Riders
4. Schmalaga
5. Beltway Mouthpieces
6. Philly Cheesesteaks
7. Show Me Your TD's
8. Some combination of Andy/Dave/Chris
9. Tom (Skins Fan)

10. Bro1ncos

11. Charlie (likely)
12. Jeff P. (likely)

13. Jeff (XO Stars) (likely)
14. Rene ?
15. Rich (Philly Fanatics) ?

Beltway Mouthpieces thinks he can recruit at least a couple of new owners if we draft on the 24th.

I'll post more updates as they become available and will also be sending out e-mail to everyone.

Hey Guys,

CommunterMan (aka Helmet Heads) here! I have played in this league for a few years and was wondering if there might be a spot for me to join in on the league again this year.

I see that the draft is possibly on August, 24th... any idea when on that Sunday? Is the buy-in still around $65?

Let me know if you have room for an old timer to get back into the league!

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Would be great to have you back in the league. Auction date will be the 24th, would hope to get started between noon and 12:30 if we can get everything set up quickly. Buy-in may be a little more this year since we have to rent a Fatbox instead of using the usual one, but shouldn't be much more than $70, maybe less if we can get up to 16 owners.

Let us know if you can make it.

Looks like we now have 12 solid commitments and a few other likely/possible. Still room for a couple of new owners if anyone is interested.

1. Dolly Llamas
2. RGKnee
3. Pale Riders
4. Schmalaga
5. Beltway Mouthpieces
6. Philly Cheesesteaks
7. Show Me Your TD's
8. Some combination of Andy/Dave/Chris
9. Tom (Skins Fan)

10. Bro1ncos

11. Jeff (XO Stars)

12. Joe F. (recruited by Beltway)

13. Charlie (likely)
14. Jeff P. (likely)

15. CommuterMan (?)

Hi Bill,

Would be great to have you back in the league. Auction date will be the 24th, would hope to get started between noon and 12:30 if we can get everything set up quickly. Buy-in may be a little more this year since we have to rent a Fatbox instead of using the usual one, but shouldn't be much more than $70, maybe less if we can get up to 16 owners.

I can be there for a likely 12:30 draft and possibly earlier depending on where the draft will be held. Go ahead and mark me as being there for the draft. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Hi Bill,

I can be there for a likely 12:30 draft and possibly earlier depending on where the draft will be held. Go ahead and mark me as being there for the draft. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Bill,

Unless something unforeseen happens we will be drafting here:

We meet at the Olney location, usually start the draft between noon and 12:30 PM, and for about $15 or $20 per person we get a fixed price menu of food and beer.

Couple of things. I just informed Jim that I'm fairly certain I have access to a FatBox.

Also, GrillMarx now has a satellite location in Clarksburg, MD. I'd be glad to looking into if we can draft there instead of Olney if that works better for everyone.

Finally, I think we ought to start earlier, especially if we get up to 16 Owners.

I can be there at any time, but the 'set up crew' could possibly shoot for 11, so we start at the latest at Noon?

I'm working on recruiting Owners as well.

A noon start would be good for me. Rene likely isn't participating this year due to working the night before, so that means he won't have to make his long drive. Only other person I can think of with a long drive might be Bro1ncos. Is there anyone else coming from PA?

Biggest factor for location to me is how much space we will get. Olney is nice but we are a little cramped with the space they usually give us. If we could get more space to work with at Clarksburg that would be nice. If not, I'd probably just stick with the location we know.

Got another, Dhruba, who I guess makes 16. I then had another guy, who has wanted to join but wan't sure he'd be available, get back to me that he would. I'll tell him we are full as of now, but will get back to him if a spot opens up.

As I told Jim via e-mail a few days ago, Dave/Chris are in, as a Team.

Ronnie moved to Arizona, so Andy is currently on his own, I think he might be out unless he finds a partner...

We're currently holding a place for Charlie, who might turn into Jeff Black.

I've had some conversations with some footballguys from the area, there may be some interest forthcoming...

Is the league drafting on Sunday?? Where is the draft being held - Olney or Clarksburg??

Inquiring minds need to know... :clyde:

Guys, if I don't show (and I'm down to 50/50, sorry) - please don't take offense. I have a lot going on and while I'd love to partake again, I am glad to see that the league is so viable and 14-16 passionate FBGs are willing to go and enjoy an auction. That's awesome.

I don't want you guys to wait on me. If I come I come, but things are not looking towards that for tomorrow. I thought I should let you know.

Despite a couple of startup glitches, a good time was had by all, as we've grown accustomed to...

...thanks to GDCY for recruiting some new mates for the 2014 cruise. Good luck, all.

Users who are viewing this thread