What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you floss? (1 Viewer)

Do you Floss?

• Yes

Votes: 101 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 34.8%

• Total voters

Rick James

Footballguy
Got to talking about dental hygiene at the office today, and a lot of people were surprised that I didn't floss. I honestly don't think I'm in the minority, but I'm curious.

look, i hate flossing as much as the next guy.

But i do this everyday and my hygienist says my gums are holding up well

www.showerfloss.com

Probably about 5 days a week. It was hard to get in the habit but after about a year of forcing myself to do it, flossing is now part of my normal routine.

Like Dentist said it does really impact your gums.

Eating meat like steak and it gets stuck between your teeth....ya...nothing like the smell of rotting flesh sitting wedged in a warm moist environment for god knows how long to make ones breath that much more wretched :yucky:

The little white goobers that occasionally flick onto the mirror can be bothersome, but it is beneficial. Love the Glide Tape (doesn't snap off in the teeth).

Last edited by a moderator:
I floss all the time...even if i dont need it...but what i WONT do is walk around chomping on a toothbrush and it hanging outa my mouth :loco:

If you don't floss, and you start to floss, your teeth feel completely different. The wide flat stuff is the best.

I floss just about everynight. Plus I carry it everywhere because if any kind of meat gets stuck bewteen my two lower back teeth it drives me crazy, can feel it pushing on my gums. I have pulled over while traveling just to buy some floss after eating while on the road.

fyi, this has been discussed several times and is a whatsnormal poll

i floss on rare occasions.

Hate using floss and spent a lot of years doing without. But thanks to Plackers, I now floss twice daily (and user a waterpic as well).

Floss and/or use Soft Picks 3-5 times/day.
3-5? Isn't that overkill?DenTek before bed every night.
3x = no. 5x = borderline OCD

OTOH My teeth and gums are real and they're spectacular.
Don't recall exactly where I read/saw it, but there was a news report recently that said that flossing was one of the best things you can do for your health (after stopping smoking). The news report also indicated to get the most benefit, you should floss 3+ times per day.

Only if something is stuck in there

I have gaps between every tooth back to the molar. Flossing does nothing for me except for the molars. Go to the dentist every 6mos and haven't had a cavity in about 8 years.

'Rick James said:
So according to the American Dental Association, 87% of dental patients don't floss regularly, but 73% of the FFA does? I'm calling BS here.
:goodposting: agreed
It say's don't floss regularly. The question to to the FFA was "Do You Floss"?
Right and the overwhelming response has been they do floss regulary, compared to the poll question of if you do or not. And one would assume if you floss it isn't once in a blue moon.

"Damn got nothing going on tonight might as well floss"

'Rick James said:
So according to the American Dental Association, 87% of dental patients don't floss regularly, but 73% of the FFA does? I'm calling BS here.
:goodposting: agreed
It say's don't floss regularly. The question to to the FFA was "Do You Floss"?
Right and the overwhelming response has been they do floss regulary, compared to the poll question of if you do or not. And one would assume if you floss it isn't once in a blue moon.

"Damn got nothing going on tonight might as well floss"
By my count, 80 people answered yes to the poll out of 122 total but only 16 have posted that they do so regularly. So that's 16/122 or 13%. That looks like it fits exactly in line with the ADA's numbers.As for your assumption, you know what they say. I know people who don't floss regularly but will do so if they know something is stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to the dentist yesterday. About 4 months ago purchased a Phillips Sonicare electric tooth brush. Use it once a day in the morning, but I also now floss every morning just prior to using it. Previously I would floss maybe a couple times a week and then daily the week before the semi-annual checkup. Yesterday's visit was quick and painless. Not sure how much credit goes to the tooth brush or the daily flossing but the combination of the two seems unbeatable.

If you don't do it at least once a day the food that's left behind will start to stink, and that's really nasty. With those little floss and toss things being so cheap and easy to use, there's really no excuse not to use them daily.

Users who are viewing this thread