What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommend a 4 player family game (1 Viewer)

Board:

Clue

PayDay

Life

Card:

Uno

Crazy 8's

Yahtzee

Last edited by a moderator:
Competitive = Ticket to Ride. Perfect for that age, and fun for parents, too. Much better than most mainstream games out there.

Cooperative = Pandemic. Loads of fun if you want to play with rather than against the kids.

Best runner up to Zooloretto. Competitive, but also gets good play and those ages would get it quick.

Board games:

Ticket to Ride, Monopoly, Parcheesi, Cranium, Pictionary, Scattergories

Card games:

Hearts, Spades, Uno, Phase 10

Apples to Apples is the dumbest game in the history of ever. My family loves it because it's the one game I can never win. Just....irritates the hell out of me. :hot:

Apples to Apples is the dumbest game in the history of ever. My family loves it because it's the one game I can never win. Just....irritates the hell out of me. :hot:
Ah. You just have to know the personalities of the people you are playing with. My kids have a personalities like mine, a little "off".

Ah. You just have to know the personalities of the people you are playing with. My kids have a personalities like mine, a little "off".
THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!111111 I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. I NEVER WIN. NEVER! ARGGYHHHH :hot: :hot: :hot:

If you want to torture your family for a good 4-5 hours, get the Battlestar Galactica board game. It's fun as hell, but good lord is it a marathon.

Another vote for Cranium. Make sure it's the regular version. Don't get the stupid ### junior (or whatever it's called) version.

THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!111111 I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. I NEVER WIN. NEVER! ARGGYHHHH :hot: :hot: :hot:
I giggled. :P

Competitive = Ticket to Ride. Perfect for that age, and fun for parents, too. Much better than most mainstream games out there.Cooperative = Pandemic. Loads of fun if you want to play with rather than against the kids.Best runner up to Zooloretto. Competitive, but also gets good play and those ages would get it quick.
Thumbs up on the first two. Don't know the third. TtR is excellent.

don't choose Risk. We tried that when i was wee lad, my dad used to obliterate me and i'd be crying, my mom would be yelling at him, and my sister would be yelling because she hated it. traumatic...

Try picking the answers you wouldnt normally pick. They can read you like a book.

i also rule at scrabble but in our rules you just have to explain what your word meens not necesarily spell it right and believe me bromigos i rule at that so merry christmas and peace on earth to all men

Competitive = Ticket to Ride. Perfect for that age, and fun for parents, too. Much better than most mainstream games out there.Cooperative = Pandemic. Loads of fun if you want to play with rather than against the kids.Best runner up to Zooloretto. Competitive, but also gets good play and those ages would get it quick.
Please exclude this guy from my previous tard comment. He knows what he's talking about.

Try picking the answers you wouldnt normally pick. They can read you like a book.
That's because they are all stupid.

Ticket to Ride.

I played Risk with my kids until they realized the only way to beat Dad was to gang up on him. Then it became impossible to win, so I quit playing.

i can see we have a lot fo meganerds in this thread how about playing this game start with this premise your sink broke and you need to fix it go find some tools that will make that happen and do it oh you can not do that well then all stars i guess you can go back to playing settlers of nerdplanet well your house floods and you lose everything man when did america turn in to wussville times were when a fun game was lets see how fast you can get this four barrel humming again and change out hte head gasket on a hemi now its about tryig to be the biggest uberdweebazoid man i do not like where we are headed but hey oh well merry christmas to all and to all a good night

I was coming in to recommend Blokus as well.

Ticket to Ride is a good choice.

I'll add a couple others:

Kill Dr. Lucky (similar to Clue, but much better. Suggested 12 and up but should be fine for a 10 year old)

Munchkin(it's like Dungeons and Dragons, I think as I never played it as a kid, but can be a lot of fun)

i can see we have a lot fo meganerds in this thread how about playing this game start with this premise your sink broke and you need to fix it go find some tools that will make that happen and do it oh you can not do that well then all stars i guess you can go back to playing settlers of nerdplanet well your house floods and you lose everything man when did america turn in to wussville times were when a fun game was lets see how fast you can get this four barrel humming again and change out hte head gasket on a hemi now its about tryig to be the biggest uberdweebazoid man i do not like where we are headed but hey oh well merry christmas to all and to all a good night
INELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.Stephen closed his eyes to hear his boots crush crackling wrack and shells. You are walking through it howsomever. I am, a stride at a time. A very short space of time through very short times of space. Five, six: the nacheinander. Exactly: and that is the ineluctable modality of the audible. Open your eyes. No. Jesus! If I fell over a cliff that beetles o'er his base, fell through the nebeneinander ineluctably. I am getting on nicely in the dark. My ash sword hangs at my side. Tap with it: they do. My two feet in his boots are at the end of his legs, nebeneinander. Sounds solid: made by the mallet of Los Demiurgos. Am I walking into eternity along Sandymount strand? Crush, crack, crick, crick. Wild sea money. Dominie Deasy kens them a'.Won't you come to Sandymount,Madeline the mare? Rhythm begins, you see. I hear. A catalectic tetrameter of iambs marching. No, agallop: deline the mare. Open your eyes now. I will. One moment. Has all vanished since? If I open and am for ever in the black adiaphane. Basta! I will see if I can see. See now. There all the time without you: and ever shall be, world without end. Reading two pages apiece of seven books every night, eh? I was young. You bowed to yourself in the mirror, stepping forward to applause earnestly, striking face. Hurray for the #######ed idiot! Hray! No-one saw: tell no-one. Books you were going to write with letters for titles. Have you read his F? O yes, but I prefer Q. Yes, but W is wonderful. O yes, W. Remember your epiphanies on green oval leaves, deeply deep, copies to be sent if you died to all the great libraries of the world, including Alexandria? Someone was to read them there after a few thousand year, a mahamanvantara. Pico della Mirandola like. Ay, very like a whale. When one reads these strange pages of one long gone one feels that one is at one with one who once...لقد ظل الشعور بأن الوعي الإنساني يتطور، ويتنامى منذ زمن هيجل على الاقل . وعلى الرغم من أن الكينونة الإنسانية تعني أن يكون المرء شخصا - من ثم - فريدا غير قابل للاستنساخ ، فلذا يتطلب أن يكون نصه كذلك ، وكذلك تلقيه للنص ، حيث يتحول بقراءته إلى الداخل . داخل الداخل !.”― جيمس جويس, عوليس

Users who are viewing this thread