What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Almost Human - new TV show on FOX (1 Viewer)

badmojo1006

Footballguy
Didn't see one and will delete this one if it pops up.

Liked the opening sequence. Had kinda of a Blade Runner feel

Last edited by a moderator:
just started watching...

two night premier, also tomorrow night...

JJ Abrams (lost, star trek theatrical reboot) one of exec producers...

Karl Urban (McCoy/Bones, also from the new star trek) is the lead.

This looks like a USA buddy cop show that had the same black dude as a wisecracking partner, only this time in the future.

http://www.fox.com/almost-human/

I watched the series premier last night. I was surprised how good the special effects were. Michael Ealy seems like a good fit for his character, I'm not sure I'm sold yet on Karl Urban.

The first episode seemed predictable though but it's only the first episode.

I'll give it a 3.5/5

The last show I actual followed on a major network (meaning not one of the FX, ANC, HBO Showtime, etc.) was Boston Legal. I might try to give this one a shot.

Wondered if caught anyone else's interest.

It was good enough....the two main characters had a decent dynamic, the special effects were good and it didn't pull a lot of punches on the violence or weird sci-fi stuff. Nice middle ground in the "futuristic sci fi cop genre"...right between Robo-Cop and Judge Dredd on the dystopian side of the scale and Demolition Man and I Robot on the more idealistic.

Dvr'd it. Will watch tonight. Karl Urban is one of my favorite tough guy actors so I'll check out anything he's in.

Previews look incredibly dumb, but i'll defer to the FBG community and give it a shot if there's good word of mouth
I'm with you here. The play between the two main characters looked very contrived and predictable. I'll probably give it a try just because I'm hoping I'll come across some uber-hot female cyborg.

I wasn't around when the "veteran cop gets put with a partner that's different" plot device was born, but I've baby sat it a few hundred times. Red Heat was pretty close, with Arnold basically playing the Russian cop as The Terminator.

Dirty Harry getting paired with Tyne Daly, James Caan getting teamed with an alien....the list goes on for hours.

I like Abrams and I like the Bones guy from the new Star Trek but I was on the fence until I heard a promo during the football game that said something like, "Blade Runner Bromance". That was so ridiculous I had to give it a shot.

Turns out I liked it and will watch again tonight to see where it goes.

I like Abrams and I like the Bones guy from the new Star Trek but I was on the fence until I heard a promo during the football game that said something like, "Blade Runner Bromance". That was so ridiculous I had to give it a shot.

Turns out I liked it and will watch again tonight to see where it goes.
I liked the chemistry between the two leads.

I really enjoyed the show as well. I like the two actors that play the two main characters.

I like where this heading. Hopefully I'll get to watch these first 2 episodes tonight.

I liked it. I thought the two main guys have a good chemistry. The production values are pretty good. I'm in for now. It will be interesting to see how it plays as a lead in for Sleepy Hollow which is my favorite new show.

Watched both episodes. I don't watch much regular tv/tv shows but have always liked cop shows and will probably keep watching. Doubt it lasts long though.

Just watched the pilot. I like it a lot.

Started second episode. I like the part where they block their faces on camera. Neat technology.

Yea I'm all in on this one.

I liked the pilot, haven't watched the 2nd episode yet. I did feel like it didn't have a whole lot more than the standard cop show, but willing to give it a shot to see where they take the story and if they can do anything with the premise.

Also, Minka Kelly is cute, but man she can not act
She's much improved now. If you want to see truly terrible acting, check her out in The Pumpkin Karver. By comparison, her acting in Almost Human deserves a few Emmys (or Oscars, or whatever they're called).

I think this is going pretty well. Probably not going to win any awards but it's enjoyable and makes a nice lead in for Sleepy Hollow for me.

hulu has them all http://www.hulu.com/search?q=almost+human+full+episodes

The new sci-fi show on Fox, "Almost Human," dropped 17% in 18-49 from its premiere-week Monday to a 1.9, though it maintained its full audience throughout the hour. "Almost Human" was followed by "Sleepy Hollow," which slipped 12% to a 2.2. The shows drew 6 million and 6.5 million viewers, respectively.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-tv-ratings-voice-blacklist-dwts-almost-human-20131126,0,4528560.story#ixzz2lnQ86bv8

Love this show. Love the tech. Love the characters. The plots haven't been cliche yet either. I'm excited to see what they can do with the overall plot.

Best new show of the fall easily
Personally going to have to go with Sleepy Hollow for that honor. I think this is tied with Blacklist as a very, very close second. Been years since I had one night of television where I sit down and watched 3 hours of prime time. Monday is now that night for me.

Users who are viewing this thread