What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random movie "aha" moment (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
So I'm flipping channels and Weird Science was on.... love that movie and then it hit me...

The blonde is the girl in Fools Rush In :lmao:

Here's an aha moment for me. If you turn off Fight Club before the end it's a really crappy movie. If you wait to the end then you understand all the hype

:lmao:

No Country For Old Men: The old bald guy in the wheelchair in the house with the cats (TLJ's uncle) is General Berenger from Wargames. Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.

No Country For Old Men: The old bald guy in the wheelchair in the house with the cats (TLJ's uncle) is General Berenger from Wargames. Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.
Micheal Madsen is in Wargames at the beginning.

I didn't realize for a long time that Christopher Guest (Nigel Tufnel) was the six-fingered man in The Princess Bride.

I didn't realize for a long time that Christopher Guest (Nigel Tufnel) was the six-fingered man in The Princess Bride.
Did you know that the hat Reiner was wearing throughout Tap is hanging in Fred Savage's bedroom in Princess Bride?
I did not know that.
Mark Knopfler agreed to write the music for this movie on the condition that Rob Reiner put the hat that he wore in This Is Spinal Tap (1984) in the movie. The hat appears in The Grandson's bedroom.

Before Brent Spiner was Commander Data was Star Trek: The Next Generation, he was a famous semi-regular defendant on NBCs Night Court in the 1980s as the male half of the country bumpkins Bob and June Wheeler. I vividly remember Bob and June Wheeler but never made the connection until recently.

I saw the movie Face/Off a few years ago.

I didn't understand the double entendre in the title until 2-3 weeks later. I thought it was because Cage and Travolta were facing off with one another all movie...

There was a particularly famous commercial for Heinz ketchup in the 1980s featuring some dude who set an open bottle on the roof of his apartment complex, ran down to the hot dog vendor on the street corner, bought a hot dog and then caught the ketchup as it slowly poured out of the bottle.

The dude was Matt LeBlanc who would later star in Friends. He even has some of the mannerisms he'd use in the TV show years later.

Did you know that the hat Reiner was wearing throughout Tap is hanging in Fred Savage's bedroom in Princess Bride?
Awesome!
Is it the same one? what was the one in Tap - USS Doral Sea or something like that.BTW, Tufnel, you are a disgrace to your namesake/avatar
Okay.

I just realized recently that the guy who played DiGiorgio in the Dirty Harry movies is Robert Mitchum's brother.

I didn't realize until about 5 or 6 years ago that the girl that played Maggie in Caddyshack also played the 13 year old mayor's daughter in Animal House.

Micheal Madsen is in Wargames at the beginning.
As is John Spencer.
Om mada pad meon
The Tibetan chant you refer to is "Om Mani Padme Hum".George Lucas lifted "Padme" from that chant when he created the character of Padme Amidala.

Watching Cars with my son for the millionth time, and finally caught an "adult" joke mixed in.

After the first race, Lightning McQueen's two biggest fans rush the stage cheering for him and show him their "headlights" with 95 decals on them, in essence, "flashing" him.

Subtle, but I didn't pick up on that until just this weekend.

Before Brent Spiner was Commander Data was Star Trek: The Next Generation, he was a famous semi-regular defendant on NBCs Night Court in the 1980s as the male half of the country bumpkins Bob and June Wheeler. I vividly remember Bob and June Wheeler but never made the connection until recently.
One of my favorite shows ever. When I first saw Spiner on STTNG I recognized him from Night Court.My wife and I watched The Client this weekend and I hadn't realized that Anthony LaPaglia was in it as one of the mob guys, Barry. Of course he also played Daphne's drunk brother, Simon, on Frasier.

Oh, just sat down and watched "True Romance" with someone who'd never seen it before, she didn't recognize Gary Oldman at all.

Nicely done. I never woulda realized that.

How many of you have his album?

Awesome!
Is it the same one? what was the one in Tap - USS Doral Sea or something like that.BTW, Tufnel, you are a disgrace to your namesake/avatar
USS Ooral Sea. He wanted to use an actual USS Coral Sea hat, but apparently the Navy wouldn't let him.http://www.spinaltapfan.com/atozed/TAP00578.HTM

Barry Corbin, I believe. He was also Travolta's uncle in Urban Cowboy.

Was flipping through channels this past weekend and caught Johnny Be Good with Anthony Michael Hall. Well lo and behold, his GF in the movie is a very young looking Uma Thurman.

When I was a kid I watched a movie called "Once Bitten" on cable all the time. The lead was some dorky guy I forgot about completely until years later when I saw it was on again and realized who he was...

When I was a kid I watched a movie called "Once Bitten" on cable all the time. The lead was some dorky guy I forgot about completely until years later when I saw it was on again and realized who he was...
:confused: , well before his In Living Color days.

I came across an older movie "Rollercoaster" not long ago that I recalled seeing as a kid.

A very young Helen Hunt plays a cops teenage daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread