What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn vs. Gronk on Conan (1 Viewer)

Lynch asking Conan what kind of drugs he was on made me :lmao: :cry: :lmao:

Well played segment, best Super Bowl week event IMO. Rest of the coverage was just :X

Gronks line about Lipitor was great. Guy is funny. You can see why both players are popular on their teams, helps they both kick serious ### on the field.

Lynch looks big, NFL.com lists his weight at 215 :lol:

So how is that Lynch can be open and engaging in a situation like that, but so closed and uptight during a media session???
Playing video games with Conan and Gronk is probably better than having a room of dooshy old reporters ask you to talk about the game and then see one of them twist your words to generate clicks.

is there a specific incident where reports distorted what he said that makes Marshawn not want to talk to the mdeia? Or is it just a general issue with the media?

These past two weeks of news nonsense would be well worth it if either Lynch or Gronk "put the baby to bed" if they scored a TD.

So how is that Lynch can be open and engaging in a situation like that, but so closed and uptight during a media session???
Because NFL reporters are leeches and Conan rules. :shrug:
and??? are those "leeches" really going to hurt him in any way, form, or fashion? no, please not the evil "word twist"!!!

part of me thinks he is playing this game to gain publicity. nobody is talking about any of the cliches spewed out by everybody else. lots of people talking about him not talking.

and??? are those "leeches" really going to hurt him in any way, form, or fashion? no, please not the evil "word twist"!!!

part of me thinks he is playing this game to gain publicity. nobody is talking about any of the cliches spewed out by everybody else. lots of people talking about him not talking.
I personally wouldn't deal with the dbags either. Beyond the latent criminal activity, football is about what's on the field not what people say off of it.

I personally wouldn't deal with the dbags either. Beyond the latent criminal activity, football is about what's on the field not what people say off of it.
Sure you would, just like Marshawn will. 6-figure fines have a way of getting people to cooperate.

And what exactly makes NFL media dbags?

That part of you needs serious help.

The entire point is that he does...not....want...publicity.

Do you think he was avoiding the media because he wants attention?? Wait, you do?? yeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhh

Do you think he was avoiding the media because he wants attention?? Wait, you do?? yeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhh
Yeah, voluntarily going on Conan is a great way to avoid publicity.

And if he truly doesn't want the publicity from all of this, he would be much better off to go to the media sessions, give crap, cliche answers to every question, and nobody would care. By making this big ordeal out of not participating, he has brought WAY more publicity on himself. If you can't see that, then maybe you need some of that help you are suggesting.

(BTW, why jump on this now 2 days after the conversation???)

And if he truly doesn't want the publicity from all of this, he would be much better off to go to the media sessions, give crap, cliche answers to every question, and nobody would care. By making this big ordeal out of not participating, he has brought WAY more publicity on himself. If you can't see that, then maybe you need some of that help you are suggesting.

So he initially avoided media and interviews like the plague to gain publicity?

And I never said that he didn't bring more attention to himself by essentially boycotting the media. But I would bet anything that was NOT his intention.

As for going on Conan, has nothing to do with any of this IMO. Who turns down Conan?

(BTW, why does it matter in the slightest that I jump into a conversation two days later? Weird, weird question).

So he initially avoided media and interviews like the plague to gain publicity?

And I never said that he didn't bring more attention to himself by essentially boycotting the media. But I would bet anything that was NOT his intention.

As for going on Conan, has nothing to do with any of this IMO. Who turns down Conan?

(BTW, why does it matter in the slightest that I jump into a conversation two days later? Weird, weird question).
Look, I like Lynch as a football player and from what I saw on the Conan piece. And I never said that he initially avoided the media to gain publicity. But I do think that there is at least the chance (hence the small "part of me" from my original post) that he is having a little game of this. And if you have a serious aversion to publicity, going on a talk show is a real funny way of showing it. That's all I was trying to say...didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread