What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

large, successful raid on Al Qaida by US Special Forces (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
pretty interesting,and not getting much attention:

Al Qaeda's chief bombmaker, Ibrahim al-Asiri, is thought to be behind the design that went into the underwear bomber, Umar Farouk "Crispy Crotch" Abdulmutallab's, undetectable explosives. And we know how that "ingenious design" turned out? Sure, it had no metal parts and therefore could be easily passed through airline security but we're not half glass empty around here. Half glass full: the wearer now sings soprano and no one else was hurt...

In any event, the other notable thing here is that al-Asiri and the 54 other jihadis killed in Yemen weren't droned -- a US special forces team took them out the old fashioned way. It's an interesting development. Since bin Laden was killed by SEALs a few years ago I can only think of one other time (offhand) that we've gone with boots on the ground rather than drones in the sky. That would be the SEAL raid last year into a Somali village which was nixed before the target was achieved. Am I missing any others?

Al-Asiri has been reported as killed before -- the last time in a drone strike -- but it turned out to be a false alarm. This time, at least if MSM reports are to believed, the remains were identified. The operators behind the hit are reported to have brought dogs with them to help them search through the hit zone and find remains, apparently to aid in identifying the targets. ...

It's not clear that al-Asiri was even the primary target, for included among the dearly departed was also Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Nasir al-Wuhayshi, who just last week showed up in a propaganda video talking to close to one hundred jihadis in Yemen. And if we just killed 55 bad guys ... Let's see here, 100 - 55 = time to dig deep into the bench and go to al Qaeda's third stringers.

INN:

Reports indicate that a massive US military operation in Yemen on Saturday and Sunday killed well over 55 Al Qaeda terrorists. Among the dead reportedly is Ibrahim al-Asiri, the chief bombmaker of the terrorist organization.
A 4x4 truck which the 32-year-old al-Asiri was thought to be in was ambushed by US special forces over the weekend, according to the Daily Mail.
The US special forces, who were dropped in by helicopter, reportedly took position by the road and waited for the truck to arrive before showering it with a hail of bullets. While the occupants managed to fire back, all were killed in the barrage.
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/217998.php

I'm glad it happened, but this part was misrepresented in the original post.

Yemeni commandos engaged suspected members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the U.S. official said, who added that no Americans took part in actual combat on the ground

Yemeni commandos engaged suspected members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the U.S. official said, who added that no Americans took part in actual combat on the ground
Even better. Obama getting his fellow foreigners to do the job!

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you...

This sounds like an absolute slaughter. It also sounds like virtually the end of AQAP, right? Weren't they dwindling in numbers just a tad?

"They fired missiles while hovering approximately eight inches off the ground."

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you...
:yes: at least not along the lines that are being portrayed in the article.

Once again Obama shows the world we're too weak to get our hands dirty. This is going to embolden our enemies abroad. CANT WAIT until this joke is OUT OF OFFICE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job.
For sure.

I like how we deny any Americans took part. Even if that whole team on the ground were apple-pie-eating-muff-munching-football-watching American boys, we should never acknowledge their involvement publicly.
I find it interesting that everyone assumes the government is lying here. And yet if you ever question if this same government is lying about something else you get the :tinfoilhat:

Users who are viewing this thread