What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got kicked out of league for bs...Beware these people (1 Viewer)

giantben

Footballguy
So I joined this league that began / drafted in February. Over the past week I've been debating the commissioner about waiver schedule. Waivers run once a week, on Wednesday morning. I expressed my concern over the offseason and the response was worry about Thursday night players, and I pointed them to the setting that specifically stopped teams from picking up players who played Thursday before the week / Sunday games were through.

I brought it up again saying it's pretty standard to monitor practice participation and make moves fri/sat/sun morning, and the new response was "the theory behind it is 'test your depth'" To this I replied, 'well that's great in theory but that theory should've been announced earlier (as it contradicts to the norms of ff; and since no waiver schedule was made prior to the season being created). And I stated that I did not appreciate the I believe I said "lack of forethought" that the commissioner had expressed.

For this slightly critical comment I was kicked out of the league, without notice. I went back to make sure Cecil Shorts was not in my lineup and my team name was gone, and I could not log in. I got in contact with someone from the league who said there's no tolerance of criticism on open forums (well they can delete anything they don't want read, maybe they don't know that) and they'll discuss giving me some kind of refund ($100, paid through paypal months ago), but I doubt I'm going to hear from them again.

So can somebody help a brother out and agree with me that this is bull####, especially the ####### day before the season starts?!?!

I have no recourse other than to warn people here- the forum I found them on. I would not trust these people:

MFL league: Beastmode 2.0

Donny Hamilton "Cali Assasins" Jahsii_Andy@yahoo.com

Rob Cadaret "Oakland Hitmen"

/rant

well from the commishes standpoint it's tough to deal with a manager who is overly critical or makes claims the league isn't being run fairly. as long as all teams in the league observe the same rules or policies, its basically fair. even though it might not be to your liking. since you put in $100 though, it is pretty chicken#### to just remove you unless you were making a total ### out of yourself lol.

i don't really understand what you are saying? you're complaining that teams shouldn't be allowed to pick up players who played a thursday night game (because they come off waivers sooner)? everyone in the leauge would have the same opportunity.

i play at ESPN and i've never experienced any issues with thursday night games/waivers

He's saying that if a player plays Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to pick them up on Friday, which I agree with. Every league I am in, locks players once their games start and they aren't available to be picked up until waivers kick in (usually Tuesday or Wednesday).

So I joined this league that began / drafted in February. Over the past week I've been debating the commissioner about waiver schedule. Waivers run once a week, on Wednesday morning. I expressed my concern over the offseason and the response was worry about Thursday night players, and I pointed them to the setting that specifically stopped teams from picking up players who played Thursday before the week / Sunday games were through.

I brought it up again saying it's pretty standard to monitor practice participation and make moves fri/sat/sun morning, and the new response was "the theory behind it is 'test your depth'" To this I replied, 'well that's great in theory but that theory should've been announced earlier (as it contradicts to the norms of ff; and since no waiver schedule was made prior to the season being created). And I stated that I did not appreciate the I believe I said "lack of forethought" that the commissioner had expressed.

For this slightly critical comment I was kicked out of the league, without notice. I went back to make sure Cecil Shorts was not in my lineup and my team name was gone, and I could not log in. I got in contact with someone from the league who said there's no tolerance of criticism on open forums (well they can delete anything they don't want read, maybe they don't know that) and they'll discuss giving me some kind of refund ($100, paid through paypal months ago), but I doubt I'm going to hear from them again.

So can somebody help a brother out and agree with me that this is bull####, especially the ####### day before the season starts?!?!

I have no recourse other than to warn people here- the forum I found them on. I would not trust these people:

MFL league: Beastmode 2.0

Donny Hamilton "Cali Assasins" Jahsii_Andy@yahoo.com

Rob Cadaret "Oakland Hitmen"

/rant
Are the funds held in leaguesafe?

How did you hook up with these guys?

He's saying that if a player plays Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to pick them up on Friday, which I agree with. Every league I am in, locks players once their games start and they aren't available to be picked up until waivers kick in (usually Tuesday or Wednesday).
I suppose league depth and other factors could increase the significance of having such a policy, but as long as the player goes through waivers and everyone was aware of this setting prior to the start of play, I don't see why it makes much difference; I've certainly seen much worse decisions made by LMs when setting up leagues.

Always check all settings in advance of joining a league and if you have issues its better to move on rather than argue with the LM over something.

If it truly was lack of forethought, what point was served by harping on the issue? Changing settings once a league has started is something you just don't do in a money league. But the guy contradicts himself he says the LM had it set up like that by design, "based on a theory". He then says it should have been "announced earlier". It sounds to me like this guy didn't look at the settings when he joined and then when he saw somebody added a Thu player early he got p.o'd. It's too late for whining at that point. You just shut up and play by league rules.

But again, it was pretty sorry to get kicked out of $100 league, that sucks

Users who are viewing this thread