What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W15 Sunday News and Notes (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Unfortunately, I will be traveling to attend funeral services and will be unavailable on Sunday morning. It’d be great if folks would post any significant surprises on the inactive list or breaking news on lineup changes, etc as they are reported. Best of luck in your playoff matchups this week.

Demorrio Williams is out with an ankle injury. Donald Butler is very unlikely to play. That keeps Takeo Spikes in an every down role and bumps the value of both safeties today. Gary Guyton will reportedly start for Williams, but Andrew Gachkar and Bront Bird will likely see rotational snaps.

Wesley Woodyard is questionable with an ankle injury but practiced all week (limited) and has been saying he’ll play. There’s a chance he could rotate out at times if he’s less than full strength with DJ Williams and Danny Trevathan decent options for the Broncos.

Jameel McClain is out. Ray Lewis has been practicing but he hasn’t yet been activated from injured reserve. That likely means Dannell Ellerbe, who has been limited with an ankle injury in practice, will play despite being listed questionable. Depending on Ellerbe’s availability, we’ll see a combination of Josh Bynes, Brendon Ayanbedejo and Albert McClellan inside. None are worthwhile IDP options. Bernard Pollard hasn’t practiced this week with a chest injury and looks unlikely to play. If he can’t go, James Ihedigbo will start in his place. He’s an interesting desperation start, especially if Lewis and Ellerbee join McClain on the sidelines. Terrell Suggs is questionable, but fully practiced this week and looks likely to play. Jimmy Smith looks likely to be back as well, which could cut Corey Graham’s snaps significantly.

Louis Delmas is questionable again, but did get through a limited Thursday practice and could play. Don Carey likely continues to start at one safety spot, with Ricardo Silva getting the call if Delmas is out. Nick Fairley is doubtful.

Calais Campbell is questionable but played well after returning from a calf injury last week. I think he’s likely to play again this week. Expect Daryl Washington to bounce back after a disappointing Week 14.

Charles Woodson is out this week, but could return in Week 16. Clay Matthews will return to the lineup but likely play mostly in passing situations.

Brian Urlacher and Tim Jennings are out again this week. Nick Roach played every down at MLB last week. Geno Hayes is questionable, but should start at OLB. He won’t see many snaps against the Green Bay spread offense. Shea McClellin and Henry Melton are also unlikely to play.

Pat Angerer will get more snaps in the base defense this week with Kavell Conner out with a hamstring injury. He’s likely to see an above-average number of base defensive snaps and could be a solid LB4+ play against Houston. Joe Lefeged again replaces Tom Zbikowski.

Brooks Reed remains out, with Whitney Mercilus playing nearly every down in his place. Darryl Sharpton was very limited by a toe injury this week. If he can’t go, the Texans will still have a muddled, three-headed ILB rotation without a clear favorite for tackles. Glover Quin was a late addition to the injury report with a hip injury and is listed questionable.

Koa Misi is out with an ankle injury and will be replaced by Jason Trusnik.

Kendrick Lewis will likely be back starting ahead of Tysyn Hartman this week. Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry are also probable.

Tyvon Branch is questionable with multiple injuries, but practiced Friday. He’s still considered a GTD but looks more likely to play than he did earlier in the week. If inactive, Mike Mitchell is a very strong pickup in his place.

Antoine Winfield is questionable with a knee injury but hasn’t practiced all week. He’ll play today but isn’t likely to play every down.

Kenny Phillips is out again, with Stevie Brown getting another full time start. Chase Blackburn saw his snaps drop significantly with the return of Jacquian Williams to subpackage duty last week.

William Moore is questionable, but hasn’t practiced in two weeks. He looks unlikely to play. Chris Hope would replace him in the lineup again.

Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are both likely out today. Keenan Lewis and Curtis Brown are your likely starters., but the Steelers could rotate a number of corners based on how each are playing. Troy Polamalu should be back to an every down role in his third week back.

Jay Ratliff is likely out for the rest of the regular season. Charlie Peprah remains questionable but Danny McCray rotated last week with Peprah out and is no longer a trustworthy option if Peprah sits again. DeMarcus Ware didn’t practice all week with an elbow injury but says he’ll play today.

The Seahawks will be without Brandon Browner (susp), Marcus Trufant (hamstring) and Walter Thurmond (hamstring) today. Jeremy Lane may be the best bet for desperation value, but Byron Maxwell will see snaps as well.

Malcolm Jenkins is out with a hamstring injury. Isa Abdul-Quddus will likely start in his place, but could rotate with Rafael Bush. Neither are attractive fantasy options.

London Fletcher is questionable but will play. The Redskins continue to rotate their safeties; Madieu Williams is the only safe option and no more than a DB3+.

The Patriots listed half of their team as questionable and it’s unclear how they held practice with close to 20 players listed as limited all week. Dont’a Hightower played more snaps than Brandon Spikes last week, a trend that’s not guaranteed to continue but seemingly likely. Chandler Jones saw fewer snaps than usual in his first game back last week but could be healthy enough to trust as a DE2 again now.

Colin McCarthy is still not practicing and will likely be out again Monday night. Tim Shaw will replace him in the base defense only, but the matchup (vs NYJ) could make him a viable LB4.

Chandler Jones saw fewer snaps than usual in his first game back last week but could be healthy enough to trust as a DE2 again now.
That's a pretty big IF mid playoffs.My options at DL3 are killing me. Jones, Suggs and Wimbley.

ty Jene.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Terrell Suggs (torn biceps, questionable) will play on Sunday versus the Broncos.

Suggs was considered a game-time decision after putting in a limited practice on Wednesday before being a full participant on Thursday and Friday. The reigning Defensive Player of the Year was close to playing in Week 14, so it's not a surprise to see him suiting up this week. With Ray Lewis (triceps) still out, Baltimore can use all the help at linebacker they can get. Dec 16 - 7:52 AM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2237/terrell-suggs

'Jene Bramel said:
William Moore is questionable, but hasn’t practiced in two weeks. He looks unlikely to play. Chris Hope would replace him in the lineup again.
Falcons SS William Moore (hamstring) is inactive for Week 15 versus the Giants.Dec 16 - 11:36 AMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5232/william-moore

'Jene Bramel said:
Bernard Pollard hasn’t practiced this week with a chest injury and looks unlikely to play. If he can’t go, James Ihedigbo will start in his place. He’s an interesting desperation start, especially if Lewis and Ellerbee join McClain on the sidelines.
Ravens declared SS Bernard Pollard (ribs) inactive for Sunday's Week 15 game against the Broncos.The Ravens' defense is getting Terrell Suggs (biceps) back, but they are really banged up. Ray Lewis (triceps) isn't ready and fellow inside linebackers Jameel McClain (neck) and Dannell Ellerbe (ankle) are both out as well. So is G Marshal Yanda (ankle). Look for the Broncos to exploit replacement ILB Josh Bynes, who is making his first start. The rest of their inactives: TE Ed Dickson, OL Ramon Harewood and WR Deonte Thompson. Dec 16 - 11:44 AMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3700/bernard-pollard

'Jene Bramel said:
Brian Urlacher and Tim Jennings are out again this week. Nick Roach played every down at MLB last week. Geno Hayes is questionable, but should start at OLB. He won’t see many snaps against the Green Bay spread offense. Shea McClellin and Henry Melton are also unlikely to play.
:yes: , but Hayes is INACTIVEBears declared DT Henry Melton, MLB Brian Urlacher, SLB Geno Hayes, CB Tim Jennings, DL Shea McClellin, WR Earl Bennett, and QB Josh McCown inactive for Week 15 versus the Packers.Israel Idonije will start at three-technique for Melton, who has been Chicago's most consistent pass rusher this season. Special teamer Blake Costanzo will fill in at SLB for Hayes (knee). The banged-up Bears defense has allowed an average of 144.6 yards on the ground since Week 8 after shutting down rushing attacks in the first half of the season.Dec 16 - 11:51 AMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5341/henry-melton

Jason Pierre Paul inactive :mellow:
To my knowledge, this is not correct. He is active. If you have a link that says otherwise, please post.
The nfl.com inactive report page. http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Is this a mistake? I've refreshed page for about 15 mins, but it stays the same.
I think it's a mistake. This site doesn't have him among their inactives.eta- Giants.com agrees with FBGs - http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-vs-Falcons-inactives/cf294af5-ac57-47c9-9ec3-d9249b059d48?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's a mistake. This site doesn't have him among their inactives.
I believe so too:New York Giants at AtlantaGiants: DT Marvin Austin, CB Prince Amukamara, DE Adewale Ojomo, S Kenny Phillips, RB Ahmad Bradshaw, TE Adrien Robinson, S Tyler SashFalcons: QB Dominique Davis, OL Phillipkeith Manley, TE Chase Coffman, S Willam Moore, WR Tim Toone, DE Lawrence Sidbury, OL Harland Gunn

Hey, GeauxTigers...RELAX!

It got posted because there are CONFLICTING reports which were posted. We are trying to confirm which is the one with the mistake.

To my knowledge, this is not correct. He is active. If you have a link that says otherwise, please post.
Seriously. Don't post BS in this thread unless true.
Dude, NFL.com does have him listed as 'inactive'. It's not like he made stuff up or quoted his Facebook friends.
Sorry. His original post didn't have a link.

The nfl.com inactive report page. http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Is this a mistake? I've refreshed page for about 15 mins, but it stays the same.
Thanks for posting the link. I have to believe that is a mistake given that every other site I've looked at says the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread