What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your 2012 Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

Dragon1952

Footballguy
OK....please don't turn this into a 'why draft so early' thing. We should have lot's of these coming up in the next month or so. Here's likely the first one, like it or not.

rookie draft

Interesting that Blackmon and Floyd went 2 and 3. Sitting with 1.05 and 1.07, I'd be thrilled to get RG or Luck at the 5 since i have no real backup for Ryan on my team. Was thinking I'd get Floyd/miller/Wilson, etc, but picking up what's left of them at 7 after getting one of the QBs would be fine.

ROUND 1

1 Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

2 Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

3 Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

4 Justin Blackmon, WR, OSU

5 Doug Martin, rb, Boise State

6 David Wilson, RB, VT

7 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

8 Michael Floyd, WR, ND

9 Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

10 Chris Polk , RB, Washington

11 Stephen Hill, WR, GA Tech

12 Rueben Randle, WR LSU

ROUND 2

1 Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina

2 Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

3 Isaiah Peade, RB Cincinatti

4 Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

5 Ryan Tannenhill, QB, Texas A & M

6 Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St.

7 LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

8 Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

9 Brian Quick, WR, App. St.

10 Marvin Jones, WR, California

11 Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

12 Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

ROUND 3

1 Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

2 Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

3 Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

4 Chris Rainey, WR/RB, Florida

5 Benard Pierce, RB, Temple

6 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

7 Ronnie Hillman, RB, SD State

8 CCyrus Gray,RB, Texas A&M

9 Marvin McNutt - WR Iowa

10 A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

11 Ledarius Green, TE

12 Juron Criner, WR AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team keeper league, non-PPR, with 6 keepers + 1 rookie, first round of the rookie draft prior to NFL draft, second round follows a week after the NFL-Draft

1.01 Märkische Badgers QB Andrew Luck -Stanford

1.02 Threskreen Invaders RB Trent Richardson-Alabama

1.03 Marburg Virus QB Robert Griffin III-Baylor

1.04 Lübeck Privateers(from Heilbronn Cobras) WR Justin Blackmon-Oklahoma State

1.05 Leviathan 666ers RB Doug Martin-Boise State

1.06 Wilmersdorf Orange Crush WR Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

1.07 Sontheim Niners RB Lamar Miller-Miami(FLA)

1.08 Aschaffenburg Saints RB David Wilson-Virginia Tech

1.09 Lübeck Privateers QB Ryan Tannenhill-Texas Tech

1.10 Reinheim Silver Sharks RB Chris Polk-Washington

1.11 Bochum Blue Tigers WR Kendall Wright-Baylor

1.12 Elmshorn Nordic Devils WR Stephen Hill-Georgia Tech

1.13 Scorpion DC RB LaMichael James-Oregon

1.14 Schwabing Red Devils TE Coby Fleener-Stanford

1.15 Rieter Riesen WR Alson Jeffery-South Carolina

1.16 Reinheim Silver Sharks(from Bloherfelde Buffaloes) WR Reuben Randle-LSU

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the rookie draft results, but can someone explain to me the logic behind drafting players before the NFL draft? It just seems like it's more fun to draft when you have the additional data point regarding their situation and not just their talent.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the rookie draft results, but can someone explain to me the logic behind drafting players before the NFL draft? It just seems like it's more fun to draft when you have the additional data point regarding their situation and not just their talent.
The NFL Draft is much more entertaining than it already is...think about Christmas + your birthday :excited:

I was in a league like that. We had a Free Agent Auction before Free Agency started in the NFL. So guys would bid a quarter of their salary caps (usually about 75% of their teams carried over because it was a contract league) on a RB, and the team would bring in a FA RB or draft a RB in the first round. I felt it was like signing guys in the NFL without having them in for a physical and workout. Complete crapshoot. But guys in the league were adamant about that being part of the fun. I hated making uninformed decisions like that. I went to the rest of the league and it was voted against, so I figured it was just me. Played another year in the league and then decided if it was just me, that's fine and would rather not play in a league like that and informed everyone I was leaving. When they asked why, I said having a free agent auction before FA in the NFL was not something I enjoyed dealing with and there was another vote and we moved everything back to beyond the NFL draft. Been in the league now 13 years...

These early drafts are popular with people who believe they have an eye for talent and that talent eventually trumps situation - so if a player is talented enough, it doesn't matter which team takes him (in theory).As another poster mentioned, a draft this early is too much of a crapshoot for me. Since I look at a shorter dynasty timeline than most, situation is important to me and my crystal ball has never been too accurate in predicting where players ultimately will land. However some people just love these early drafts and they do provide some information of the conventional wisdom in these leagues of the talent level for the players taken.

These early drafts are popular with people who believe they have an eye for talent and that talent eventually trumps situation - so if a player is talented enough, it doesn't matter which team takes him (in theory).As another poster mentioned, a draft this early is too much of a crapshoot for me. Since I look at a shorter dynasty timeline than most, situation is important to me and my crystal ball has never been too accurate in predicting where players ultimately will land. However some people just love these early drafts and they do provide some information of the conventional wisdom in these leagues of the talent level for the players taken.
I think it depends on your particular FF situation and philosophy. If you are in just a couple leagues, and/or they are high dollar leagues (which is relative) where decisions might be more important, then you'd definitely be more likely to want to wait until destinations are known. In my particular situation, and I'm in many leagues (with most between just $50-$100), I like having a couple early drafts. Sure you can get burned, but you can also make out real well. It's like gambling and the rush on having action on a game. Dynasties are year round and it's nice to have a little extra year round action. Plus it makes watching the NFL draft a real blast. Yeah, it would probably make more sense to wait but I'm for having fun too. If you're for doing the smart and conservative thing you'd probably want to want until after training camp and pre-season so you don't waste a #4 pick on a Leshoure or Ryan Williams. To me, it's brutal waiting that long. So whether it's impatience or wanting the action or whatever, I enjoy having a couple early drafts and I hate the leagues that wait until August.In real life some people save a long time for a purchase and other flip down the credit card so they can enjoy it now. Both might think the other is silly for doing so. To each his own.

I love it. In the middle of a draft now. Currently sitting with. 2 picks debating Turbin/Grey/hillman and Reuben/Sanu/Hill/criner

Want em all

Another league but just does round 1 before NFL draft. Proceeds to round 2 plus in August. All about talent over situation and has played out nicely over the years for success. Top of 2nd has seen so many RB busts

Anyways. 11 O starters with 1-2 QB, 1-4 Rb, 1-6 WR, 1-4 TE, 1-2 PK. .5 PPR and .5 per 10(1 per 50 passing. TE 1 per 100 All TD's 6 Int -3

1. Team A ANdrew Luck

2. Team B Robert Griffin

3. Team A Justin Blackmon

4. Team C Trent Richardson

5. Team D Ryan Tannehill

6. Team E Micheal Floyd

7. Team F Doug Martin

8. Team B Coby Fleener

9. Team A David Wilson

10. Team B Kendall Wright

11. Team A Stephon Hill

12. Team B Rueben Randle

13. Team G Alshon Jeffrey

14. Team B Mohammad Sanu

15. Team H Lamar Millar

16. Team A Kirk Cousins

'TheFanatic said:
Do most people try to start 2 QBs in that league?
You bet. QB dominate the scoring. Last years semis had Newton/Ryan(champ), Rivers/Flacco(finalist), Rodgers/Big Ben(semi) and Eli/Sanchez. RB where Sproles for champ, Beanie for finalist, MJD/DeAngelo for team 3 and Rice for team 4(Hillis was not playing). Some nice WR cores in this group of 4.

'TheFanatic said:
Do most people try to start 2 QBs in that league?
You bet. QB dominate the scoring. Last years semis had Newton/Ryan(champ), Rivers/Flacco(finalist), Rodgers/Big Ben(semi) and Eli/Sanchez. RB where Sproles for champ, Beanie for finalist, MJD/DeAngelo for team 3 and Rice for team 4(Hillis was not playing). Some nice WR cores in this group of 4.
That makes sense. I don't see those QBs going 1-2 except in 2 QB leagues. Both will go high, but that seems really high. I'm hoping RGIII lasts till 4

I know it's early but i'm excited to see some of these start popping up! Anyone starting yet?
http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=44263&O=17&DISPLAY=DIVISION01Hyper and Active sides have started on this one
Looks like Ryan locked these up...I apologize Ryan if I shouldn't have posted the link
Sorry, was not because of you. A couple of our owners requested this. I will post when they are finished.

Booooo. Lame.
1.01 1. wannabee Richardson, Trent CLE RB ® Sat Apr 28 8:00:15 a.m. ET 2012 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List1.02 2. Tenacious D Blackmon, Justin JAC WR ® Sat Apr 28 8:03:58 a.m. ET 2012 Call me Jables.1.03 3. Johnny U Martin, Doug TBB RB ® Sat Apr 28 8:41:02 a.m. ET 2012 I'm so surprised he didn't go 1.2 (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:34:59 a.m. ET 2012)1.04 4. The Knights Floyd, Michael ARI WR ® Sat Apr 28 10:42:21 a.m. ET 2012 1.05 5. Johnny U Luck, Andrew IND QB ® Sat Apr 28 10:52:52 a.m. ET 2012 Robert Griffin III may have more value early becasue Washington is a better team, but I'm thinking long term. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 10:55:34 a.m. ET 2012)1.06 6. ConstruxBoy Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ® Sat Apr 28 10:55:57 a.m. ET 2012 1.07 7. The Knights Wilson, David NYG RB ® Sat Apr 28 11:07:22 a.m. ET 2012 1.08 8. Tenacious D Hill, Stephen NYJ WR ® Sat Apr 28 11:57:35 a.m. ET 2012 Huge bust risk but legit #1 potential. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:06:40 a.m. PT 2012)1.09 9. Tenacious D Fleener, Coby IND TE ® Sat Apr 28 12:03:58 p.m. ET 2012 Situation is as good as it gets for Fleener. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:05:45 a.m. PT 2012)1.10 10. Fly Igglz Fly Waiting On Fly Igglz Fly For The Next Pick

Booooo. Lame.
1.01 1. wannabee Richardson, Trent CLE RB ® Sat Apr 28 8:00:15 a.m. ET 2012 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List1.02 2. Tenacious D Blackmon, Justin JAC WR ® Sat Apr 28 8:03:58 a.m. ET 2012 Call me Jables.1.03 3. Johnny U Martin, Doug TBB RB ® Sat Apr 28 8:41:02 a.m. ET 2012 I'm so surprised he didn't go 1.2 (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:34:59 a.m. ET 2012)1.04 4. The Knights Floyd, Michael ARI WR ® Sat Apr 28 10:42:21 a.m. ET 2012 1.05 5. Johnny U Luck, Andrew IND QB ® Sat Apr 28 10:52:52 a.m. ET 2012 Robert Griffin III may have more value early becasue Washington is a better team, but I'm thinking long term. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 10:55:34 a.m. ET 2012)1.06 6. ConstruxBoy Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ® Sat Apr 28 10:55:57 a.m. ET 2012 1.07 7. The Knights Wilson, David NYG RB ® Sat Apr 28 11:07:22 a.m. ET 2012 1.08 8. Tenacious D Hill, Stephen NYJ WR ® Sat Apr 28 11:57:35 a.m. ET 2012 Huge bust risk but legit #1 potential. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:06:40 a.m. PT 2012)1.09 9. Tenacious D Fleener, Coby IND TE ® Sat Apr 28 12:03:58 p.m. ET 2012 Situation is as good as it gets for Fleener. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 9:05:45 a.m. PT 2012)1.10 10. Fly Igglz Fly Waiting On Fly Igglz Fly For The Next Pick
1.10 10. Fly Igglz Fly Wright, Kendall TEN WR ® Sat Apr 28 5:06:07 p.m. ET 2012 1.11 11. Tenacious D Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR ® Sat Apr 28 5:27:27 p.m. ET 2012 There's no fattening food in Chicago is there?1.12 12. Tenacious D Randle, Reuben NYG WR ® Sat Apr 28 5:55:41 p.m. ET 2012 Won't contribute much right away but I love the kid's potential. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 3:01:58 p.m. PT 2012)1.13 13. Bryan Fontaine Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB ® Sat Apr 28 7:08:39 p.m. ET 2012 Really wanted Randle here, but I like the upside of Hillman who isn't even 21 yet (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 10:04:36 p.m. ET 2012)2.01 14. The Knights Quick, Brian STL WR ® Sat Apr 28 10:26:00 p.m. ET 2012 2.02 15. Tenacious D Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR ® Sat Apr 28 10:40:27 p.m. ET 2012 Earlier than I wanted to take him, but I was sold on Jenkins prior to the draft. Santonio Holmes-esque. (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 8:07:42 p.m. PT 2012)2.03 16. Johnny U Givens, Chris STL WR ® Sat Apr 28 10:43:56 p.m. ET 2012 SOTD (Comments Added Sat Apr 28 10:46:33 p.m. ET 2012)2.04 17. Bryan Fontaine Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB ® Sat Apr 28 10:47:16 p.m. ET 2012 2.05 18. Tenacious D Pead, Isaiah STL RB ® Sun Apr 29 1:01:49 a.m. ET 2012

The NFL Draft is much more entertaining than it already is...think about Christmas + your birthday :excited:
I did one dynasty draft in january before free agency. It adds some risk.

This doesn't officially start until next week but first 3 picks are in:

16 team .5 PPR start 1/2/3/1 and a flex

1.01 Prestonpans Pirates - Trent Richardson

1.02 Dunedin Bucs - Andrew Luck

1.03 Kaunas Buckeyes - Robert Griffin III

Reddog - Draft (with some FBG staffers)

1.01 1. Tony Spera Richardson, Trent CLE RB ® Sun Apr 29 9:29:34 a.m. ET 2012 This one is for you Robbie :)

1.02 2. Robbie Brooks Blackmon, Justin JAC WR ® Sun Apr 29 9:39:12 a.m. ET 2012 It is okay Tony. HOpe you can trade Richardson for a ton. In 5 years you will wish you had Luck or Griffin.

1.03 3. Robbie Brooks Luck, Andrew IND QB ® Sun Apr 29 10:04:43 a.m. ET 2012 Probably too high but I look back at Manning, Moss and Edge. Peyton was maybe the best pick back than and Luck comparison is eerie. Why I need other things more, I still have 1.7 and 1.9 to add there.

1.04 4. "Real Sean" Thompson Floyd, Michael ARI WR ® WR poor

1.05 5. Tony Spera Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ® Sun Apr 29 10:19:40 a.m. ET 2012

1.01 1. Tony Spera Richardson, Trent CLE RB ® Sun Apr 29 9:29:34 a.m. ET 2012 This one is for you Robbie :)

1.02 2. Robbie Brooks Blackmon, Justin JAC WR ® Sun Apr 29 9:39:12 a.m. ET 2012 It is okay Tony. HOpe you can trade Richardson for a ton. In 5 years you will wish you had Luck or Griffin.

1.03 3. Robbie Brooks Luck, Andrew IND QB ® Sun Apr 29 10:04:43 a.m. ET 2012 Probably too high but I look back at Manning, Moss and Edge. Peyton was maybe the best pick back than and Luck comparison is eerie. Why I need other things more, I still have 1.7 and 1.9 to add there.

1.05 5. Tony Spera Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ® Sun Apr 29 10:19:40 a.m. ET 2012
So the guy at 2 had a shot at him and said he'd regret not taking griffin and then he got him anyway at 5? Ouch.

So the guy at 2 had a shot at him and said he'd regret not taking griffin and then he got him anyway at 5? Ouch.
Even better that he took Blackmon at 1.02. Tony killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread