What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Green Bay vs Seattle Season Opener Thread! (1 Viewer)

Phenomena

Footballguy
Let's get to it! Season opener 6 days from now!

Does the second go 'round with these two result in another failed NFL initiative? First, the replacement refs... now are we going to have the failed flag-fest?

Does Fat-Eddie dominate a top defense coming off a Super Bowl hangover?

Does Seattle maintain it's crown of the most feared home venue in all of American sports?

Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can think of when I think of these two teams is what an arrogant ### Aaron Rodgers is. Remember his sorry self apologizing to all fans every where for the refs.. What a clown.

More interesting to me is what the consensus is for who to start and bench for this game. Is this a game where you start your backups (assuming you have quality depth)

Seattle Defense at home...

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Would we bench any of these #1 type players for a quality backup?

Or do you go the other way and bench Seattle D.

Seems like a game where for the start of the season some teams with high hopes with #1 type starters could get off to a bad start.

All I can think of when I think of these two teams is what an arrogant ### Aaron Rodgers is. Remember his sorry self apologizing to all fans every where for the refs.. What a clown.
Vikings fan, makes sense...
Just to clarify, this is the alias of Arctic Edge/Red Forman

A very very annoying Viking fan.
And you arent annoying? Only posts of yours that are any good are the ones of your daughter singing. She is damn good!

And way to snitch lol. Nobody gives a #### dude.

Yea vikings troll needs to get a life, go visit the vikings trophy case or something.. O wait, its empty huh?? Damn, that sucks...

As far as the game is concerned, I think there will be more offense that expected. I am probably starting Wilson over Rg3 week 1 and I already have Harvin & Lacy in my lineup...

31-28 Seahawks

More interesting to me is what the consensus is for who to start and bench for this game. Is this a game where you start your backups (assuming you have quality depth)

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Seems like a game where for the start of the season some teams with high hopes with #1 type starters could get off to a bad start.
IMO you don't sit any of those guys. The only one I could see having a bad day might be Lacy but I think he could even have a decent day if he gets into the end zone. Nelson and Cobb could easily have D Thomas / Welker Superbowl type days.

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

I'm smack dab in this situation with Rodgers & Russell Wilson on my roster. I think I'm gonna go with the "don't bench your studs" mentality and roll with Rodgers. I'll also be starting Jordy Nelson & Harvin, so I'm really just hoping for some points to go up on the board more than anything.

The refs were a disgrace. Glad he had the stones to risk a fine and say it. Classiest QB in the NFL.

GO PACK GO!

Is the line still about 5.5 points?

I'm just glad that both teams will be relatively healthy for the game. Obviously Green Bay is already without a starting center and Nose tackle but that's nothing for them. Usually they are on an 8th string tackle by now. Does Seattle have any major players that won't be in the game?

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Why on earth would you bench any of those guys? Ever? Have you not watched that offense in the preseason? I mean Seattle's D is great and all but it's not the Packers won't be able to move the ball on them.

As a Packer fan, my heart is hoping for a Super Bowl hangover. But impartially it is clear that Seattle is the far superior team. Fully expect a 34-20 Seattle win, but the score will look closer than reality.

All that said, if the refs ever called Seattle's D for all the holding they do, that defense would give up 30+ easily to the Pack.

no matter what happens at least this game is not at a pop warner field like when minnesota plays the worst part about this year for minnesota is going to be if one of the team moms signs up to bring carpi suns and orange slices and messes up the schedule and drives to the wrong field man i would not want to be standing around the coaches suburban after the game if that happens i will tell you what take that to the bank brohans

As a Packer fan, my heart is hoping for a Super Bowl hangover. But impartially it is clear that Seattle is the far superior team. Fully expect a 34-20 Seattle win, but the score will look closer than reality.

All that said, if the refs ever called Seattle's D for all the holding they do, that defense would give up 30+ easily to the Pack.
Far superior? I think not.

I agree on your second sentence. This game being the first of the season, you are going to see more yellow than NYC at rush hour if Seattle plays their normal game on D. The Packers Defense unfortunately will have even more penalties because they stink. Packers 37-24

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Why on earth would you bench any of those guys? Ever? Have you not watched that offense in the preseason? I mean Seattle's D is great and all but it's not the Packers won't be able to move the ball on them.
Let's not forget that the Seahawks were basically the same team two years ago during the Fail Mary play ... and Green Bay was able to move it on them during the second half after McCarthy committed to the run. Benson had 40 yards and a TD in the second half. And that was BEFORE Eddie Lacy. I think GB is going to come out and try to shove the running game down their throats, while peppering in short-yardage passing gains (which is much easier with the rule changes).

In the end I think this game is going to be won in the trenches.

If Lacy has 100 yards the Packers win the game.

If Lynch has 100 yards Seattle wins the game.

The only other way I can see this game going is if McCarthy comes out to challenge the new rule emphasis, and throw it 25 times in the first half. I think that's a lower percentage strategy since Seattle's CBs are elite enough to play mirror technique without holding. I would rather see them pound the rock.

Let's go Pack!

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Rodgers

Lacy

Cobb

Nelson

Unless your in an 8 team league I don't see how you can bench any of these guys.

I agree on your second sentence. This game being the first of the season, you are going to see more yellow than NYC at rush hour if Seattle plays their normal game on D. The Packers Defense unfortunately will have even more penalties because they stink. Packers 37-24
Elite -

High Quality -

Good - 2

Average - 1

Below average -2

Poor -

According to PFF the Seahawks' offensive line is very much average. I'm wondering how that plays out this season. I guess it didn't make much of a difference last season. Wilson was pressured more than the average QB but he's good enough to get out of the jam and make a play. On defense I think GB will load the box and make Wilson beat them with his arm/legs. Could be a nice game for Harvin. GB has a lot of problem with speedy/elusive receivers.

Elite -

High Quality -

Good - 2

Average - 1

Below average -2

Poor -

According to PFF the Seahawks' offensive line is very much average. I'm wondering how that plays out this season. I guess it didn't make much of a difference last season. Wilson was pressured more than the average QB but he's good enough to get out of the jam and make a play. On defense I think GB will load the box and make Wilson beat them with his arm/legs. Could be a nice game for Harvin. GB has a lot of problem with speedy/elusive receivers.
I'm just happy that Matthews and Peppers will both be playing. I'm sayin there's a chance.

Wilson can't hold Rodgers' jock! There I said it.

Love all the delusional Packer fans here. They will be dominated by the Seahawks, violated in the worst way.

Hawks 45

Pack 13

Lots of trolling at we aren't even through final cuts yet.

Should be fun to see where GB is after last season...finished better against SF...but not good enough.

Seattle has the better D...not even a question.

GB has the better O...again, not a question.

Can hope the Packers can pull it off...but not as likely in Seattle.

I'm going to try to black out until Thursday immeditaely following (hopefully not before) the Badger game Saturday and just wake up for gametime Thursday night. The excitement is reaching unbearable levels.

It's going to be an exciting week for Wisconsinites starting Saturday night!!

Go Bucky and GO PACK GOOOO!

Well, I'm sure everyone knows where I stand on this one. I just hope when there aren't any flags against the Seattle CBs you guys recognize it's because they never have played the "holding" game people think they do.

In all seriousness (since I'm sure the holding narrative will live on forever for some of you), I honestly predict the Packers have more defensive back penalties than Seattle does.

Well, I'm sure everyone knows where I stand on this one. I just hope when there aren't any flags against the Seattle CBs you guys recognize it's because they never have played the "holding" game people think they do.

In all seriousness (since I'm sure the holding narrative will live on forever for some of you), I honestly predict the Packers have more defensive back penalties than Seattle does.
Is it necessary to "hold" elite talents like Baldwin, Kerse, and Zach Miller to shut them down? Just wondering.

Is it necessary to "hold" elite talents like Baldwin, Kerse, and Zach Miller to shut them down? Just wondering.
When your corners are lacking in skill like the packers CBs are it is.

Far superior? I think not. I agree on your second sentence. This game being the first of the season, you are going to see more yellow than NYC at rush hour if Seattle plays their normal game on D. The Packers Defense unfortunately will have even more penalties because they stink. Packers 37-24
Elite -

High Quality -

Good - 2

Average - 1

Below average -2

Poor -

I'm just happy that Matthews and Peppers will both be playing. I'm sayin there's a chance. Wilson can't hold Rodgers' jock! There I said it.
You obviously haven't seen the latest magazine cover with Kaep and Wilson on it.

Pack will win.
You only say that because of the b slap the hawks laid on the Aints twice last year. You don't believe that.
Seriously happy you guys won the Super Bowl, congratulations to the whole city. - Just talking about this game. They opened at the 9ers last year, comparable team, they lost 34-28 but were winning in the 4th. I think it will be tight and that the Packers have the run game and passing game to win it, most especially the running game. Run well on the Hawks, don't make mistakes, make field goals, and you can win. It should be a great game, obviously Seattle could win.

I'm interested in seeing nfl football again and hopefully a great game between 2 elite teams! But, you gotta love the story lines for real AND fantasy implications:

What will Percy harvin's usage be like? My gut tells me he will be the co-focal point all season along with lynch and has a chance to post absolute monster numbers.

Will the packers remain the high flying passing juggernaut or are they going to go for more balance and pound the rock with lacy more?

Richard Rodgers (rookie te) - VERY interested to see of he starts and if he does how he looks and if arodg trusts him. I think he is worth a pickup as a flyer if he is on your waiver wire. He's on mine and I'm struggling whether to drop Brian quick for him. I can see him exploding a-la Julius thomas last year on a national stage. I didn't know this until today but apparently McCarthy traded up into the 3rd round to pick this kid. He can't block for his life but he apparently has been running very good routes and has good hands. Finley's replacement?

Jarrett Boykin - will he be the guy to own as the packers 3rd wr? Or will one of the rookies step up?

Jermaine kearse - will he do enough to warrant being labeled as a hot week 1 waiver wire darling? Kid has a nose for the end zone.

Will Paul Richardson see any playing time?

Packer fans can predict a Packer win and it's not trolling, but simply good posting. Seahawk fans doing the same are trolls though :rolleyes:

Same as it ever was.

Yeah far superior? I laugh at that.

Packers are an elite team.

Packer fans can predict a Packer win and it's not trolling, but simply good posting. Seahawk fans doing the same are trolls though :rolleyes:

Same as it ever was.
:lmao: predicting a Seahawks win 45-13 is trolling compared to someone predicting a Packers win.

Same as it ever was.
:lmao: predicting a Seahawks win 45-13 is trolling compared to someone predicting a Packers win.
Only if you're a delusional Packer fan. To any other neutral party it is a totally valid prediction.

Same as it ever was.

Lots of trolling at we aren't even through final cuts yet.

Should be fun to see where GB is after last season...finished better against SF...but not good enough.

Seattle has the better D...not even a question.

GB has the better O...again, not a question.

Can hope the Packers can pull it off...but not as likely in Seattle.
Not entirely sure I agree with GB having the better O. Just because their O typically picks up their yardage in large chunks through the air doesn't mean it's better. Then again, it's obvious that pounding the ball isn't as flashy, but on top of what they had last year, (I'm going to disregard the loss of Tate as any WR in this offense is expendable) they have Christine Michael who by all means has had an incredible offseason. This Hawks run game is going to have the GB (and all other opponents) front 7 begging for mercy after 3 quarters.

Packer fans sound amazingly like Bronco fans before the Super Bowl last year.

Can someone remind me what that score was again ?

If Seattle gets decent pressure on Rodgers then it's Seattle win.

Hawks offence, at this point right now, better than Packers. Lynch has been disrespected all offseason and has come in the best shape of his career. Harvin the the undeniable difference maker. Wilson is playing as good as any QB in the league TODAY.

Packers timing will be off with the speed of Seattle's back end.

37-21

werdnoynek said:
I'm going to try to black out until Thursday immeditaely following (hopefully not before) the Badger game Saturday and just wake up for gametime Thursday night. The excitement is reaching unbearable levels.

It's going to be an exciting week for Wisconsinites starting Saturday night!!

Go Bucky and GO PACK GOOOO!
You know who's a Badger? Russell "Why not us" Wilson! Join the dark side!

Seahawks win 38-24

False Start said:
Sabertooth said:
Alex P Keaton said:

Far superior? I think not. I agree on your second sentence. This game being the first of the season, you are going to see more yellow than NYC at rush hour if Seattle plays their normal game on D. The Packers Defense unfortunately will have even more penalties because they stink. Packers 37-24
Yeah far superior? I laugh at that.

Packers are an elite team.
Not until the defense proves it can stop the 49ers, no, we aren't an elite team.

ImTheScientist said:
Phenomena said:
biju said:

When your corners are lacking in skill like the packers CBs are it is.
Enjoy your corners while they are healthy! Hayward is a true-shutdown corner. He was rated #3 PFF in the NFL during his rookie season. Then he got hurt. Then Matthews got hurt. Then every else on the defense got hurt.

Imagine if Sherman went down with a knee injury half-way through last year and Crabtree caught that late TD to beat the Hawks. That's the kind of major-game-changing impact that injuries to your best players create. I don't see a lack of talent on the Packers defense. Only two are below average according to PFF. 4 of the front 7 are first-round picks. Tramon Williams was a great player in 2011/12 before a injury (shocker) slowed him down. Hyde was a steal in the 5th round. He came within inches of intercepting Kaepernick with 5 minutes left in the game to potentially win it for the Pack.

Literally inches is all that is between the Packers beating the 49ers and Seahawks. Inches on the fail-mary and inches with Hyde getting that interception to advance them in the playoffs.

BeaverCleaver said:
Vector said:

Same as it ever was.
What happened to Denver last year? It's not out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread