What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 YANKEE THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

Smack Tripper

Footballguy
Prediction: 97-65, 1st place in the AL East

And on this day, at this hour, Andy Pettite has returned as the Walking Dead phase sweeping America is complete.

Righetti to succeed Rivera in the pen.

Old titles

***OFFICIAL 2012 YANKEE THREAD*** -10-18-12

Old subtitles

AL East Champion.!!!! Hells Yeah!!!

Magic Number..1.. Roki vs. Dice K tomorrow, win clinches home field!

Magic Number.......2....... 10-2-12

FUKASHIMA IN THE BRONX....9-7-12

Panic Button PUSHED- 9-6-12

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

A-Rod to the DL, his regular season likely over

4 straight losses, 6 up in the east... 7-25-12

And just like that, 3 straight losses and its 7... 7-22-12

9 games in front with 70 or so to go! - 7-22-12

CC DL

Streak over at 10, good job, good effort

10 in a row!!!

Subtitles....

9 in a row, sweep in DC, third in a row!

8 in a row, going for the sweep in DC tomorrow

Back to Back Sweeps, 6 in a row, 12 over, all alone in first

Huge win in Hotlanta, the Machine is starting to roll...

Sweep the Metsies....

Raider and Crickets dominate

Pineda Labrum Tear, season over, career next?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Pettitte back. I had a feeling/was hoping he would when I heard he was going to be training guys this spring. Good leadership, cheap, and once he gets into formform either there will probably be someone injured or underperforming. Plus he'll be invaluable come playoffs.

If they could pick up some OF depth for Hughes, I'd move him. His velocity is up this spring and you run the risk of Grandy walking this year.

I wouldn't be surprised for them to milk this Garcia thing and stash him in Tampa til Andy's strained hamstring on June 15.

Got a feeling Granderson wants to go to one of the chicago teams.
He'd be a monster in either park. I hope the yanks look hard at soler before the ifa restrictions kick in it so. Cant see them keeping Martin, swish, Grandy AND cano, unless they eat arod's contact, which I think is possible if he tubes this year

He'd be a monster in either park. I hope the yanks look hard at soler before the ifa restrictions kick in it so. Cant see them keeping Martin, swish, Grandy AND cano, unless they eat arod's contact, which I think is possible if he tubes this year
Martin & Swish are replaceable. Grandy & Cano are not
Cano absolutely agree. Grandy will be 32 by then I believe, and even at a "team friendly" 4 years for 80, is he a better value than swish at 3 years for 45?Luckily they have time to figure it out and I think the answer might be in soler and mason Williams. You can also move gardy to cf and look at a different tier of OF. Jeter to LF for a year?

Cano absolutely agree. Grandy will be 32 by then I believe, and even at a "team friendly" 4 years for 80, is he a better value than swish at 3 years for 45?Luckily they have time to figure it out and I think the answer might be in soler and mason Williams. You can also move gardy to cf and look at a different tier of OF. Jeter to LF for a year?
theres no way in a million years grandy gets 20 mil a year. plus hes only a year older than cano

theres no way in a million years grandy gets 20 mil a year. plus hes only a year older than cano
This is Cano's age 29 season and Granderson's age 31 season, and within a year, that split is fairly significant. You can lock Cano up for five years and feel good, but even 4 years of Grandy is looking like an overpay into his final season. And we're both wrong, as they both have options next year so they have to be dealt with in the 2014 offseason, when Grandy will be 33http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/02/is-it-time-for-the-yankees-to-extend-robinson-cano-and-curtis-granderson-38823The website also speculates on an AAV of 17 mil per year for Grandy. I still think he'd get 20 on the open market, but we can agree to disagree. Can Mason Williams get ready in two years, I think that is the question. I really enjoy Grandy, and I was a big proponent of him for MVP last year, but i don't know if I want to get into ANOTHER long term deal with a guy. The Yanks are caught in the quandry of extending them now would help offset the 2014 spike. I would extend Cano and lay low on Grandy, unless he has a repeat season, which I have no reason to think he won't, and then you worry about him.

This is Cano's age 29 season and Granderson's age 31 season, and within a year, that split is fairly significant. You can lock Cano up for five years and feel good, but even 4 years of Grandy is looking like an overpay into his final season. And we're both wrong, as they both have options next year so they have to be dealt with in the 2014 offseason, when Grandy will be 33http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/02/is-it-time-for-the-yankees-to-extend-robinson-cano-and-curtis-granderson-38823The website also speculates on an AAV of 17 mil per year for Grandy. I still think he'd get 20 on the open market, but we can agree to disagree. Can Mason Williams get ready in two years, I think that is the question. I really enjoy Grandy, and I was a big proponent of him for MVP last year, but i don't know if I want to get into ANOTHER long term deal with a guy. The Yanks are caught in the quandry of extending them now would help offset the 2014 spike. I would extend Cano and lay low on Grandy, unless he has a repeat season, which I have no reason to think he won't, and then you worry about him.
I didnt realize hed be 33. Good stuff

Got tickets for the Tigers/Yankees on April 28th, man these tickets are expensive. They had some good seats behind the plate but they were $300 a pop, geez. Sitting in Jim Beam Suite, hoping there will be topless models and George Costanza posters up there. :thumbup:

Got tickets for the Tigers/Yankees on April 28th, man these tickets are expensive. They had some good seats behind the plate but they were $300 a pop, geez. Sitting in Jim Beam Suite, hoping there will be topless models and George Costanza posters up there. :thumbup:
How much did you pay? I'm 20 feet away in Grandstand 420A and pay $28 per ticket

I don't know how I knew, but just something in that old karmic truism, you can't get something for nothing in this world. Montero for Pineda plus a quality prospect was too good to be true and then it was. I'm throwing in the towel for 2012 Pineda and hoping the labrum is "weak" or "inflamed" and not torn.

I feel absolutely sick.

I was very gung ho on this deal, but thats because I assumed they throughly reviewed the medicals and did their own due diligence. Jack z is a scumbag but shame on the Yankees for dancing with that devil again.

Cashman better hope montero has a so so year.

Pineda doesn't compare to an aging. Opposite field hitting ken phelps but I feel like this generation has it's jay buhner trade

Pineda>wait!
"But there was no mistaking the answer when Pineda was asked the location of his discomfort -- he pointed to the back of his right shoulder, often the spot of labrum problems, a serious injury for pitchers." :mellow:
I remember when I tore my labrum, I was playing 3B in softball and fielded a grounder in-game and threw it to first. I always played third because I had a good arm, so when I threw it as hard as I could (ball between 3B and SS) and it landed harmlessly behind the pitchers mound and just stopped, I knew I was in trouble. I had hurt it years before and it definitely impacted my velocity but mechanically I was still fine. After that grounder my 3B days were over. Yes, I'm comparing myself to Michael Pineda. :eliteathlete:

When things started off bad under Torre, I never fretted because it was like his personality was the perfect elixir. The more fubar'd things got, the more relaxed he'd get. I get no sense of that inner confidence and tranqility in Girardi, so I'm hoping he finds a way to get the ship righted.

I will say this, Ibanez, in RF, in a dome, on turn after being a LF for years, is simply, absurd. As it turns out it didn't matter, but when I saw Hughes on the mound and Ibanez, right handed, curveball throwing flyball guy, against a lineup of lefties, you knew this was trouble waiting to happen. If you MUST play him out there, can we run him out there for Garcia, a groundball guy or CC, a lefty?

Rivera's control was back in typical form tonight. Of course, that first strikeout was nowhere near the plate but he hit his target and he's Rivera so he gets that call. Very impressed with the pen tonight (duh). If somebody told me we'd go 2-16 with RISP and the starter would tie the AL wild pitch record, I wouldn't expect a win no matter who the opponent is.

After Granderson's 2-run homer tonight, Suzyn Waldman dazzled us with this gem:

"C.C. would love to keep this lead. He hates giving runs back."

You cannot put a price on insight like that. I thought Sabathia's

goal was to let the Orioles bat around in the bottom of the inning.

Nice to see this team come back to win three straight against the pesky Orioles. Especially with our salary limitations this year.

Cmon boys, opening day and there was no chatter in here? My favorite part of the game was the exchange behind me where two brilliant Yankee homers were debating whether they'd trade A-Rod for Pujols straight up or if the Angels would have to throw in a prospect to even it out.

Cmon boys, opening day and there was no chatter in here? My favorite part of the game was the exchange behind me where two brilliant Yankee homers were debating whether they'd trade A-Rod for Pujols straight up or if the Angels would have to throw in a prospect to even it out.
i thought everyone hated arod

WTF is going on here? Pavano? really?

That play by Grandy was sick but hes not even the best fielder in the Yankees OF

That play by Grandy was sick but hes not even the best fielder in the Yankees OF
:confused:
Brett Gardner
Perhaps, but I was strictly talking about how well he goes back on the ball. Interestingly, one guy who probably does do it better is Austin Jackson
Grandy's better than A Jacks, a lot better actually. Since you guys are Yanks fans I'll defer to you about if Gardner really is better than Grandy but personally I've thought Grandy was the best OF in the game for the last half decade.

Brett Gardner
Perhaps, but I was strictly talking about how well he goes back on the ball. Interestingly, one guy who probably does do it better is Austin Jackson
Grandy's better than A Jacks, a lot better actually. Since you guys are Yanks fans I'll defer to you about if Gardner really is better than Grandy but personally I've thought Grandy was the best OF in the game for the last half decade.
I don't think it's a no-brainer about Gardner, even if the fielding metrics say so (I trust those less than the hitting/pitching ones). Shady probably disagrees.I don't see Jackson as much, but he seems ridiculous in the limited games I see of him. Then again I'm probably only seeing him when there's a highlight play. For instance, his catch in the 9th inning of the Galarraga perfect game(*) was amazing.

Brett Gardner
I don't think it's a no-brainer about Gardner, even if the fielding metrics say so (I trust those less than the hitting/pitching ones). Shady probably disagrees.I don't see Jackson as much, but he seems ridiculous in the limited games I see of him. Then again I'm probably only seeing him when there's a highlight play. For instance, his catch in the 9th inning of the Galarraga perfect game(*) was amazing.
He makes some highlights, but has some frustratingly dumb mistakes and takes bad paths to fly balls too frequently. We have missed Grandy, but even with Jackson's struggles have been happy with the trade, obviously if this small sample size transformation for A Jacks is legit we'll love it. Regardless, it's been one of those rare win-win-win trades.

Brett Gardner
I think theyre all awesome fielders. But I think Gardner is the best of the three and still say he was robbed of a GG last year

Nice workmanlike effort tonight, which is what you always want to see against the Twinks.

C.C. settled down nicely after a shaky beginning.

Would it be possible to never EVER send Nunez onto the field with a glove ever again? The guy is an absolute JOKE. You could leave the position unmanned and you'd get the same results. And yeah... Hughes sucks.

Ugh. Just when I though Teixeira was starting to feel it, yet another 0-4. Is this what he's become? A pull hitter only, fitting of the shift? I'm starting to have buyers remorse for taking him in the 2nd round of my draft.

Users who are viewing this thread