What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reading the Defense: Offseason Features [Aug 20 Tier Updates] (1 Viewer)

Love me some Dansby in CLE!

Daryl Smith in Denver would be excellent as well.

Who's interested in Spikes?

Smith stays in BAL,

Woodyard to DEN. Doom and Gloom for McCarthy?
McCarthy was in trouble as soon as the coaches that drafted him stopped playing him. He's probably closer to being cut than starting in Tennessee right now.

Free agent feature up to date -- for now. :)

Not sure about that. Drafted by Vikings 2009, played for them until 2012. Started 15 of 16 games in 2012. 2 down lb if I recall, but a starter. Listed as MLB.

ESPN.com's Ben Goessling considers Audie Cole the favorite for the Vikings' starting middle linebacker job.

Cole made five starts filling in for Erin Henderson last year, finishing with 45 tackles and a sack. The Vikings released Henderson, leaving Cole to compete with Jasper Brinkley for snaps. The middle linebacker position is highly productive in Mike Zimmer's 4-3 scheme, so Cole is worth monitoring in IDP leagues if he wins the starting job. Minnesota is also high on 2013 seventh-rounder Michael Mauti and could target a middle linebacker in the early rounds of the draft.

ESPN Chicago expects the Bears to move Jon Bostic to outside linebacker.

There's been conflicting reports on whether the Bears will keep Bostic at middle linebacker this season. He struggled against the run as a rookie, but has the skill-set to be the best option there in the long-term. If Bostic is moved to the outside, D.J. Williams will regain his starting job at the "Mike" spot.

Bostic as SLB? That's rough
I don't think they know what their doing because either Bostic or McClellin are getting benched.

The Bears will work former DE Shea McClellin at both strong-side and middle linebacker this offseason.
The only secure linebacker position in Chicago is on the weak side, where Lance Briggs is locked in. The other two spots are up for grabs. McClellin was a bust at defensive end, but GM Phil Emery and coach Marc Trestman are confident he'll contribute on the second level. He'll emerge onto the IDP radar if he wins the middle linebacker job, but is most likely ticketed for "Sam." Feb 20

However DJ Williams hasn't finished a season in yrs

Bostic isn't smart enough nor does he read defenses well enough to be the MIke. Similarly he probably can't handle coverage as the Sam. DJ will start in the middle and Bostic will back up all three spots with them hopeful he can replace Briggs long term. McClellin will get first shot at Sam, but they'll regret not bringing back James Anderson, who was their most consistent and fundamentally sound LB next year. If McClellin is a bust, they'll pound a square peg in Bostic in to that round hole as a stopgap, but I don't see him succeeding there. Between weak SLB and questionable safeties, TEs should rack up catches against this D again.

Allen will be RE, Houston will be LE and kick inside on passing downs. Willie Young will be 3rd down end.

Last edited by a moderator:
First set of defensive line tiers is live. I'll open a separate discussion thread and link in the first post of this thread.

Any timetable for the next update including week 3 games, I've drafted already but I'd love to know if some of my late gambles are going to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread