What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Tripp (1 Viewer)

El Dorado

Footballguy
Heard some news the Miami isn't happy with their LB core and there's a chance rookie Jordan Tripp steals a job. Anyone else got background on this?

Heard some news the Miami isn't happy with their LB core and there's a chance rookie Jordan Tripp steals a job. Anyone else got background on this?
Been hearing the same, their current LB's suck and they want either Tripp or Jenkins (both?) to earns roles.

Been hearing the same, their current LB's suck and they want either Tripp or Jenkins (both?) to earns roles.
You guys have a link for these reports?

I'd love to see Jenkins get more playing time, but I haven't seen much to suggest he's going to get a chance other than an early camp note about him getting a few first team nickel snaps. After how last season ended, I expected him to have a much bigger offseason buzz.

I'm going to go back and watch Tripp against the third and fourth stringers, but I've never seen what folks have been excited about with him. Maybe a flow and chase player in the long term but I like Jenkins better there.

You guys have a link for these reports?

I'd love to see Jenkins get more playing time, but I haven't seen much to suggest he's going to get a chance other than an early camp note about him getting a few first team nickel snaps. After how last season ended, I expected him to have a much bigger offseason buzz.

I'm going to go back and watch Tripp against the third and fourth stringers, but I've never seen what folks have been excited about with him. Maybe a flow and chase player in the long term but I like Jenkins better there.
Just twitter, it's more negative about Wheeler and Ellerbee than it is positive's about the others. Like you, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk, so unless they start seeing more meaningful reps the next two weeks all of this noise about 'open competition' may become moot.

Aren't Wheeler and Ellerbe getting paid boat loads of money? Tripp and Jenkins may not get meaningful snaps for that reason alone. Depends on how inept the GM/Coach are. Do they play the guys they are paying all the money to or do they play the guys that give them a better chance to defend? I've learned that egos play too big a role in these types of decisions. But didn't Miami change GMs recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't Wheeler and Ellerbe getting paid boat loads of money? Tripp and Jenkins may not get meaningful snaps for that reason alone. Depends on how inept the GM/Coach are. Do they play the guys they are paying all the money to or do they play the guys that give them a better chance to defend? I've learned that egos play too big a role in these types of decisions. But didn't Miami change GMs recently?
yeah, which is why I'd be pretty surprised to see them benched

correct, more likely they just get cut. A big fat contract didn't keep Vick on the field last year even though Rotoworld and others insisted that it would

correct, more likely they just get cut. A big fat contract didn't keep Vick on the field last year even though Rotoworld and others insisted that it would
that would actually be incredibly less likely

Ireland contracts, he isn't around anymore and the coaching staff is on thin ice.

Dolphins rookie Tripp getting serious look at linebackerBy Craig Davis, Staff Writer 3:10 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2014
'The linebacker corps is the weak link on the Miami Dolphins defense.

That means there are opportunities, and rookie Jordan Tripp is doing his best to show he can be part of the solution to stabilizing the unit.

The Dolphins didn't address the position in the recent draft until the fifth round when they selected the former captain of the Montana defense. Tripp is already being touted as a value pick who will outperform his draft position.

During Thursday's practice, Tripp got extensive work with the first unit and also in the nickel package. Though projected more as an outside backer, he is also getting a look in the middle.

"It's a broad spectrum. The more knowledge you can bring to the game the more reliable you're going to be," Tripp said. "My comfort level is only getting better and better. I'm just taking advantage of the reps they give me and focus on making new mistakes, not the same ones again, and learning from those mistakes."

Facing the Dolphins' motion-intensive offense every day is challenging but helpful in the development process.

"When you go through three or four and maybe even five checks a snap, it's a mental gymnastics thing," Tripp said. "It's a physically demanding game, but at the same time it's very mentally taxing if you don't know what you're doing."

Tripp first gained notice in the scrimmage two weeks ago with a strip and 73-yard fumble return for a touchdown.

After the first unit got shredded on a 77-yard touchdown drive last week, the coaches are on the lookout for playmakers.

"We've been looking at a lot of different combinations, especially in our sub packages. That's one thing that we identified this week after the game that we wanted to kind of get a look at different combinations of guys," coach Joe Philbin said.
Saw this posted today as well.....

Users who are viewing this thread