What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

trevathan carted off w/knee inj in AUGUST and OCTOBER (1 Viewer)

Who is filling in for Trevathan? The other B. Marshall? S. Johnson? L. Barrow? C. Nelson?

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall is already wearing the green dot. Guess he'll be the 3 down backer?

...and my gut is telling me if he does well, they may move around the pieces at LB. I don't mean that he will replace Trevathan...but they haven't been impressed with Nate Irving. Del Rio brought Marshall over from Jacksonville and already feels more confortable giving Marshall the green dot over Irving. Why do I suspect that the LBs will end up being Miller, Marshall, and Trevathan? :ninja:

Was able to pick him up & he posted the highest points of all my OBs this week. Nice. Thanks, guys.

All signs suggest he's starting next week. I guess today will be the last chance to get him before waivers lock tonight. I still don't know what happens to Marshall since he played well, but Trevathan was the leader last year so I don't see how he doesn't get the most playing time (barring re-injury), unless he proves ineffective.

So what's the Linebacker situation in Denver if he comes back this week? Do you think Brandon Marshall will be replaced by him and lose snaps?

So what's the Linebacker situation in Denver if he comes back this week? Do you think Brandon Marshall will be replaced by him and lose snaps?
It's Trevathan's job. The questions are really:

1. Does DT get "eased" back into the lineup?

2. Did Marshall do enough to force snaps from Irving? (and tangentially: Did Irving do enough to prevent that himself?)

3. Does Denver find a way to get all 3 on the field?

Man, I figured when Trevathan came back Irving would lose out. But Irving has averaged over 10 tackles the last 2 weeks. He was injured in the first game I believe. He also had a safety against SEA.

Not sure if that means he's been stopping the run, or getting his tackles 5+ yds down the field.

So does Denver roll with 3 LBs in their nickel sets? They say Trevathan will be a 3 down player and the article says Marshall will sub in in nickel situations. Isn't Von Miller also a 3 down player? Surely they want "their best pass rusher" on the field on 3rd downs?

I'm confused.

they could work it like in oakland with mack --- von miller could be a more traditional off the line outside lb on running downs, or base sets, and then on passing downs move up on the line as an end, replacing a dl.

so it just becomes a 3-3-5 nickel if you go by personnel, but 4-2-5 by formation.

He also had a safety against SEA.
Marshall was in on the safety not Irvin. Cant believe they didn't change such an obvious mistake.

They both have played well though, so it looks like a guessing game until we see them play or the team announces something. Worst case scenario would be Irivin on base and Marshall replacing him in the nickel. That would semi kill the value of both.

He also had a safety against SEA.
Marshall was in on the safety not Irvin. Cant believe they didn't change such an obvious mistake.

They both have played well though, so it looks like a guessing game until we see them play or the team announces something. Worst case scenario would be Irivin on base and Marshall replacing him in the nickel. That would semi kill the value of both.
I think that's the most likely scenario. You can't give both guys all the snaps so they'll somehow divide it evenly.

So Trevathan comes back and Irving is benched all together? Anyone watching the game? He's got a zero in the stat box.

Did trevathan play into the 4th quarter? He was picking up stats early, then didn't see much in the second half.

Trevathan played in 56/59 snaps. Every week starter going forward, IMHO.

Other LBs: Von 53, Marshall 38, Irving 21 (technically got the 'start' over Trev), Barrow 8.

Larry changes the title to "August", next game he is injured.

Danny Trevathan - LB - Broncos
Broncos WLB Danny Trevathan has been diagnosed with a fracture above his left knee.
The Denver Post's Mike Klis opines Trevathan could miss seven weeks, making him droppable in IDP leagues. Trevathan is an impact run defender when in the lineup. The Broncos will turn back to Brandon Marshall on the weak side.

Ugh...trying to figure this out is driving me crazy. I have Irving in a 32 team league with deep rosters. But he hardly played with Danny back. Then I see this Corey Nelson kid had 7 tackles last week...assuming those came when Danny went out?

Does Nelson get a shot at more playing time and is Irving chopped meat? Nelson is available on waivers in that league and I don't wanna keep rolling Irving out if he is getting weeded out.

Ugh...trying to figure this out is driving me crazy. I have Irving in a 32 team league with deep rosters. But he hardly played with Danny back. Then I see this Corey Nelson kid had 7 tackles last week...assuming those came when Danny went out?

Does Nelson get a shot at more playing time and is Irving chopped meat? Nelson is available on waivers in that league and I don't wanna keep rolling Irving out if he is getting weeded out.
"The ride to relevance requires Dramamine. Five weeks ago, Nelson survived the final cut with a strong preseason performance at Dallas. With weakside linebacker Danny Trevathan out eight weeks because of a knee injury, Nelson will be required to excel after moving ahead of Nate Irving as the Broncos' second nickel linebacker."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26729616/rookie-lb-corey-nelson-takes-long-road-denver

Users who are viewing this thread