What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KVN (1 Viewer)

Dismattle

Footballguy
second-round OLB Kyle Van Noy:

Van Noy, the 40th pick, is expected to start at strong-side linebacker on early downs before moving to left end on passing downs -per Roto

When my friend Ryan Riddle, Cal's all-time sack leader, says outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy has great instincts, that’s a player I want to watch.

"Some things in football cannot be coached. When it comes to play making instincts, you either have it or you don’t," says Riddle about Van Noy’s play-making abilities that he describes as "off the charts."

"I like to compare him to a linebacker version of Tyrann Mathieu in terms of his ability to be incredibly disruptive by knowing exactly how and when to take chances." -per Matt @ '

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2014/futures-byu-olb-kyle-van-noy

Im not hoping to change anyones view/ranking w this post (just a heads up) But Im kinda liking what I see, and have read so far.. I believe quite a few know the Lions have a bit of a DLine :football: ..

Do you believe Van Noy adds an extra dimension (playmaker of sorts) or an actual points producer, considering the fact that hes expected to play Strong side LB on a majority of snaps.

I havnt seen much "hype" on the player..

Should we expect an every down role? Should he have a LB/DL designation?

P.S. On a related/unrelated note! This was re-tweeted by the Dr. Nickel defenses on the rise as NFL's critical battles move to the slot http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/12/NFL-nickel-defense-slot-cornerbacks-chris-harris-bradley-roby-jimmie-ward

(Badger may be off PUP with-in a wk) sounds kinda interesting based on earlier reports >> But the Badger himself retweeted it (maybe mockingly?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread