What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Every Down LB Thread? (1 Viewer)

adrn005

Footballguy
Hey boys, when do we think this will be up and running for 2014? Hands down best thread last year. Any updates?

http://www.idpguru.com/2014/05/2014-every-down-linebackers.html - this guy leeched off this site, but not sure where they got this update?
The IDP Guru? Wow... Apparently the every down linebacker thread isn't the only thing they lifted.

Sitzman is one of the guys doing IDP rankings at FBG's now. Curious whether Norton, et al are aware of his website? On the other hand, maybe that's why Sitzman is doing rankings here now? No clue, but at the very least it looks like his ideas were copied from FBG's.

Last edited by a moderator:
We asked Ryan to provide forward projections and rankings in the past. He does good work at his site. In the past, Ryan has drawn heavily from this forum for his every-down linebacker post -- and always cited the source. Since there's currently no Forum thread on these linebackers, any work he has up currently is his own.

Ryan, John and I have met multiple times and have had many good conversations at our yearly staff retreats. He's good people and a welcome addition to our staff. No issues there.

And I certainly don't have any kind of trademark on the "every-down linebacker" term. I've preferentially used it for years over the "third down linebacker" term that used to be popular because nickel defenses have always been used on more than just third down.

Last year, I didn't get a chance to update the Forum thread as often as it deserved, so I didn't open it this spring/summer. I am planning on adding the every-down linebacker list to the team-by-team discussion in the weekly inseason RTD this year. That will generally come out on Tuesdays -- starting next week -- during the regular season.

Glad to hear Jene... Couldn't help but laugh when I saw the website name. Thought for a minute it might be Norton's.

That said, I've found Sitzman's rankings helpful. His are the next I look at after yours and Norton's.

I've been checking the Guru out for years...I only noticed the post above recently and realized it looked exactly like Jene's posts from years prior. Good to know he's not "leeching," but, rather collaborating with the original guru

Thanks Jene, I think it's a nice touch that this be for insiders. I will be sure to check it out. Best of luck to all you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread