What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nfl.com league - why is BUF DE Jerry Hughes listed as LB ? (1 Viewer)

ColoradoColt

Footballguy
I'm looking to replace M.Wilkerson (turf toe) in my IDP line-up and was considering J.Hughes, but nfl.com has him listed as LB...

Am I missing something? Anyone know why this would be?

He played LB last season so it would seem that they neglected to change his position this offseason and that they for some reason haven't changed his position during the season. I only play on MFL and the way they handle it is that they use Rotoworld depth charts to determine player positions and they keep making changes all throughout the offseason and during the season. During the season they do not make "minor changes" like moving a player back and forth between CB and S or DE and DT if it is a player that plays several positions, but they will process any major changes on a weekly basis. Jerry Hughes moving from LB to DE is definitely a major change and something that was clear before summer so it is strange to me if nfl.com still have him as an LB.

Here's what they write on their help pages:

POSITION ELIGIBILITY

Positions are initially set for all players in advance of the season based on training camp rosters and official positions as designated by each individual NFL team. If a player is listed on NFL.com as a Quarterback, he is eligible to be started on your fantasy team as a quarterback. The same is true for all other positions on your fantasy roster with the only exception being the Flex positions (dependent on league settings). In the Flex positions, you may start a player that is either a wide receiver or a running back (WR/RB) or a wide receiver or tight end (WR/TE). You may not start a player at a position for which he is not eligible (i.e. you may not start a quarterback as a wide receiver).

In the case where a player's primary NFL position has changed and through working with the player's NFL team and the official statistician of the league, Elias Sports Bureau, it is determined that the player's fantasy position should be updated, this may be done at NFL.com's sole discretion.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/players

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread